Winning

Since I got back from NYC I’ve been trying to log as much couch time as possible. Let’s just say that very little couch time has been possible. Very little. None.

It seems difficult to be this busy without actually having any sort of paying job but somehow, everyday, all day is filled with things that need to get done and children who need to be entertained. You know those weeks between school getting out and camp or summer school or whatever you do starting up? There should be a name for it sort of like how we call the hours from late afternoon to bedtime the witching hour. What would be a good name for those couple of weeks that bookend the summer that feel longer than if you had to spend the entire time on a Precor machine. If you have a good suggestion, leave it in the comments. Let’s get going on this because I need a project.

I bet you’re wondering who won books last week. Well wonder no more Day 1: Marta, Day 2: Sam, Day 3: Julie, Day 4/5: The Last Girl Standing.

Kindly send me your addresses and who you want the inscription made out to and I will mail!! Congrats! Free book!

Okay more tomorrow when I’m less tired. Like that will happen.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on June 30, 2011 12:19 amUncategorized11 comments

1. rebecca said,

I am having trouble thinking of that time during the summer because that photo of the kids just steals my heart away. And your oldest, is your mini clone. She is so so so cute! They are ALL adorable little girls.
    rebecca´s last blog post ..US Bone Growth Studies

| June 30, 2011 @ 12:59 am

2. Melissa I said,

I have no suggestions. My mind is fried and it’s morning. I work harder now than I ever did with an actual paying job.

That photo of your daughters is gorgeous! No wonder you can’t get couch time with those cuties already there. We have that same couch.

Gotta go…twin son just finished his “Big Cheerio” (bagel” and wants more…

| June 30, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

3. Jae said,

You are so blessed with such a wonderful family. I do not know how you do it “all”; however I aspire to be you in my next lift. :)
    Jae´s last blog post ..I’m here to tell another tale

| June 30, 2011 @ 1:55 pm

4. Gamanda said,

Maybe we should revisit this naming process when we’re all not in the middle of it.
    Gamanda´s last blog post ..Just when I start to question my marriage,

| June 30, 2011 @ 3:30 pm

5. Marta said,

No idea, hmm… what about Mama Moody’s and the super long neverending Bummer Summer? We’ll make a movie out of it.

Also, I can’t believe I won. Woohoo!
    Marta´s last blog post ..Me vs. The Helicopter Parents

| June 30, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

6. Erin@MommyontheSpot said,

Bwhahahaha! I just wrote a post about that. I feel like a damn cruise director right now! I lovingly refer to this time as Cruising with SS Summer Fun Cruise Ship. . . until Friday. Then I am thinking, “Get me the hell of this boat!”

| July 2, 2011 @ 2:00 am

7. Courtney Rundell said,

What about “the bitching hour” for the pre-camp, post-school weeks, that graduates to the exhausted “ditching hour” for the final pre-get-your-cute-little-butts-back-to-school-yesterday days?
    Courtney Rundell´s last blog post ..#7. DARWIN ROCKS!

| July 3, 2011 @ 5:47 am

8. Aliyah@scrubshopworldwide.com said,

Your cute little girls caught my attention. Remind me of my days with my sister. Wonder what she’s up to now. She’s so spontaneous.

About the hour, I don’t know what would perfect name to give that.
    Aliyah@scrubshopworldwide.com´s last blog post ..Maternity Scrubs

| July 5, 2011 @ 6:17 am

9. Jen said,

Holy crap, your kids are cute.
    Jen´s last blog post ..Parenting is hard and we all make mistakes so don’t laugh at this guy

| July 5, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

10. Kingkong said,

Lovely.
    Kingkong´s last blog post ..What is an alcoholic.

| July 7, 2011 @ 3:17 am

11. Harper Girls said,

How about “Hell?” Just kidding, of course! I have the same situation as you, just a few years behind. A four year old little girl and twin girls who are two. Love listening to your stories on TPE, makes me feel like I am not the only one. Our twins are similar as well,one is very tiny, but very mighty! Love her dearly, but she is a handful. Finally read “How To Raise Your Spirited Child,” which really helped. It’s kind of a cheesy book, but it has helped! Not as fun as your books, though, can’t wait to read your new one!

| July 19, 2011 @ 12:45 pm