The Twins -Now With Less Biting and More Hugging

My girls are finally starting to appreciate that there is another person who is extremely close in age and usually proximity who shares in their desire to throw expensive watches in the toilet, climb into the pantry and break into the cookies, squish hotdogs into the rug, spin around in the office chairs until someone gets nauseaus, read Dora Star Mountain forty times in a row, and insist on putting on her own pants. Sisters! (insert a little Liz Lemon-esque wink here)

I wondered if they’d ever appreciate each other. I’d heard rumors of twins who don’t spend most of their time biting, pinching and pushing but I’d never seen it with mine. It’s definitely a nice change of pace.

Twin toddler is a bitch. I’m not going to lie to you. It’s really impossible to even make a phone call when I’m alone with them. You’d think that they could busy themselves with an activity like coloring or playing with an overpriced toy that makes noise or even with a tv show. But they have very short attention spans, these two-year-olds. Forgive me for only doing a post so that I could show off those pictures. I’m in a fog of book deadline, childcare and husband abuse.

Also? My adorable brother (I need to post a picture of him at some point soon) and my sister-in-law are expecting their first baby. She is 20 weeks along and having a boy which is a relief because we’re up to our neck in vaginas around here.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 13, 2010 8:12 pmUncategorized18 comments

1. Aunt Becky said,

Those kids made me ovulate. It’s a good thing The Daver will be shooting blanks soon.
    .-= Aunt Becky´s last blog ..Go Ask Aunt Becky =-.

| April 13, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

2. rebecca said,

On days that you have no words for us, you need to just post a dozen photos of your adorable twins, and keep us updated on that adorable 5 year old?? of yours too! They look so adorable and those curls I love the curls…..and and in these two photos, they both look about the same size. Is someone catching up in size??
    .-= rebecca´s last blog ..Nobody Asked Me, But…. =-.

| April 13, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

3. Carrie said,

I hear you on the twin toddler thing. I have 2 year old twin boys and they kick my ass on a daily basis.

But they also make me laugh every day.

And I tell myself that although it’s crazy now – we will miss this time. This age. This stage.

They grow up way too fast.

Carrie

| April 14, 2010 @ 2:07 am

4. Kir said,

I feel the same way, the closer they get to 2.5 (LOL) I see them gravitating to each other and it makes me happy. Because the biting, hitting and regular OMGS!!!!! was wearing on me a bit.
    These pictures are absolutely adorable.
    (do find problems with getting them t take pictures at this age? My little guys, hate the camera lately. hmm)

thanks for sharing, I love that post! Made me feel less alone as a twin mom!

| April 14, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

5. Shannon said,

Your daughters are adorable :) And, as someone who was raised by two parents who both have an identical twin, I can pretty confidently tell you they will, eventually, get along. However, there’s still plenty of biting…
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Chord Progressions =-.

| April 14, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

6. Shannon said,

They are getting so big, and every time I see pictures of them I think it is Elby cloned X2. That is so exciting they are having a boy! Well it kind of sucks for the hand me downs, but yay! Boys are fun. :)

| April 14, 2010 @ 3:39 pm

7. Willow said,

Aww..too cute. I used to worry that my twins would never get along but the payoff came a few years later when they always had each other to play with and would say ‘you can go now mummy, we’re busy playing’.

| April 14, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

8. Rebecca @ Diary of a Virgin Novelist said,

Congratulations to your brother and to you! It’s amazing how cute kids can be when they stop biting each other.
    .-= Rebecca @ Diary of a Virgin Novelist´s last blog ..Connecting the old life with the new =-.

| April 14, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

9. Mommy on the Spot said,

How cute! they look like they are having so much fun together.

I have anxiety about my kids not liking each other. They are 1 and almost 4. I am thinking of bribing them with Yogurt Melts and Happy Meals. . .
    .-= Mommy on the Spot´s last blog ..Feel Good Friday: “We are back! We are back, we are back, we are back!” =-.

| April 14, 2010 @ 11:42 pm

10. emily bilbrey said,

oh my – what beautiful girls! very happy for ye they are getting along. my sister & i (17 months apart) fought tooth and nail until we were nearly twenty. pretty much wish we’d just been nice to one another – it would have been awesome to have a pal to hang with as a kid! ;D

cheers!

| April 15, 2010 @ 6:41 am

11. lauren said,

they are so beautiful.

| April 15, 2010 @ 2:59 pm

12. Kelly said,

Those curls! I am so jealous. Beautiful kiddos.
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..A Targety Shopping Trip. =-.

| April 15, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

13. Mommy, Esq. said,

Do tell us more about the husband abuse. :) Nice photo and hang in there. I do love when Ned and Penny hand each other items – they know whose lovie and pacifier are whose and freely pick them up and bring them to the rightful owner. It’s heart-melting.
    .-= Mommy, Esq.´s last blog ..You’re my boy, Blue! =-.

| April 15, 2010 @ 6:55 pm

14. Shannon Kieta said,

How freakin’ adorable are they?????
    You think it just twinsies that fight like that? Oh NO my love. My two are 3 years apart and a boy and a girl. They fight like cats and dogs, and always when I get on the phone with an important call…why is that? I could be sitting here pickinf my nose all day and as soon as I think of touching that phone to call someone remotely importante, they start screaming for something totally rediculous! Kiddos…Gotta love em! Congrats to your brother. Pee Pee’s are a worls easier than vagina’s! Agree?
    .-= Shannon Kieta´s last blog ..Ready for a Splurge! =-.

| April 16, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

15. muskrat said,

My family has too many vaginas as well. Funny. I remember when I thought there was no such thing as “too many vaginas.” It was during the ’90s. When I was in highschool and then undergrad.
    But then my little brother had a girl, and then I started having girls, and before many years passed, my parents of two boys had 3 granddaughters (and another on her way). Thank God for my one little boy. He carries all the squishy soft parts of my insides everywhere he goes.
    .-= muskrat´s last blog ..music and the art of behavior manipulation =-.

| April 17, 2010 @ 1:19 am

16. Kendra said,

What sweet, beautiful girls. I’m glad they’re starting to appreciate one another more. And congratulations to your brother on the expanding family!
    .-= Kendra´s last blog ..It Don’t Mean a Thing… =-.

| April 22, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

17. Rebekah said,

Ohhhhh, they are cute!!! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!
    .-= Rebekah´s last blog ..broke ass mountain =-.

| April 25, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

18. Ginger said,

This is an utterly wonderful age, and yuour girls are lovely. Age three sort of sucks ass, but twos are really not terrible at all. And yours do sort of make me want to ovulate, but not quite.
    .-= Ginger´s last blog ..Stinkeye, party of one =-.

| April 29, 2010 @ 10:35 pm