Due to Inflation, A Picture is Now Worth 1500 Words

Some of you, and I won’t mention any names -mainly because I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast fifteen minutes ago, let alone who’s commented on my blog -have asked for a Sadie update. If a Sadie update is what you want then a Sadie update is what you shall have. My little peanut, my Sadie is still teeny tiny. It’s been a long road and the end is not yet in sight but there have been improvements. Right now, there is still no good, solid, reasonable explanation as to why she won’t put on weight. Her nutritionist is concerned because with the amount she eats, she should be gaining much more than she is. On the other hand, there may never be an explanation and that doesn’t necessarily mean anything is really wrong. These IUGR babies are a stubborn lot (I’m not going to link to IUGR – Intra Uterine Growth Restriction – because it’s sort of depressing) and there’s no way to predict whether they will catch up or stay small for the long haul. With Sadie, the problem has also been that she has had other delays to contend with than just growth. She’s been in speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy (discontinued) and is being overseen by a developmental therapist. Lately though, I’ve seen a little surge in word power.

We haven’t used her feeding tube since I believe last September and I’m hoping that next month we can pull it out and never look back. I’d pull it now but Jon wants to wait until flu season is officially over. The nutritionist seems to think that we should see more weight gain before we pull it but I don’t see going back to feeding her with the tube ever. I just feel like the “eating through a tube” portion of her life is behind us.

Worst case scenario at this point is that full height she is 4′ 9″ or 4′ 10″. But think of it this way, most short people are adorable and petite. The only little person I can think of who also has a big ass is Snooki from Jersey Shore. Now, me, I have a sizable caboose but I’m Jewish, 5′ 5″ and love carbs so it makes sense.

I think I know what would make everyone feel even better right now: PICTURES

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 8, 2010 9:02 pmUncategorized35 comments

1. rebecca said,

Oh yeah! They are two of the most adorable twins on the face of this planet! You can take that one to the bank cause it’s true!!! Thanks for giving us an update. I always want a Sadie update. How’s Elby?? Does she start kindergarten this year?
    .-= rebecca´s last blog ..Saturday School =-.

| February 8, 2010 @ 9:42 pm

2. Heather said,

Love their hair! My daughter has the same curls. I curse hers but seeing them on another little girl(s) just kills me. So cute!

| February 8, 2010 @ 9:56 pm

3. Jen Allen said,

As a fabulous, 4’10” female with a nice sized caboose…she will be just fine being small. She may just have to be a little feistier as an adult to get people to take her seriously!
    .-= Jen Allen´s last blog ..Alexander cheering along with his favorite cheerleader, Grace. =-.

| February 8, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

4. Aunt Becky said,

See, now, I just didn’t think she looked so small when I met her. I know I’m no Small Baby Watcher, but you know, I didn’t notice anything amiss. And I *know* she’s supposed to be small. Maybe it’s because I was overwhelmed by how hot your ass was.
    .-= Aunt Becky´s last blog ..Go Ask Aunt Becky =-.

| February 8, 2010 @ 10:09 pm

5. Aunt Becky said,

Also, by “how hot your ass was” I meant, “how hot MY ass was.”
    .-= Aunt Becky´s last blog ..Go Ask Aunt Becky =-.

| February 8, 2010 @ 10:11 pm

6. Ellie said,

Oh my god they are so adorable. LOVE the curls. It sounds like overall Sadie is doing well. Not that you asked for advice, but I personally believe a Mom’s instinct is worth everything … vis a vis the feeding tube I’m all for Momma Knows Best. From someone who has towered over everyone her whole life, 4′ 9″ and petite sounds pretty good to me.

They both beautiful, Stef – thanks for sharing.

-Ellie
    .-= Ellie´s last blog ..Nano-Nano Technology =-.

| February 8, 2010 @ 10:34 pm

7. Lisa said,

Those are two very adorable kiddos. She doesn’t look that small in the pictures. I’m glad she’s doing well. Hannah goes in for her weight assessment at the end of February (sigh) until then I can pretend everything is just fine (sort of). Thanks for the update.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Tutus =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 12:20 am

8. Rebecca said,

Pictures of adorable tator tots are always in order. And I’m not even a mom!
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..How do you write a novel anyway? =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 12:58 am

9. Ellen said,

As someone who is 4′ 8″ on a GOOD day (i.e., when I’m energetic enough to care about my posture), I think your worst case sounds pretty great. She’s gorgeous.

| February 9, 2010 @ 1:37 am

10. Lisa Rae @ smacksy said,

Beauties!
    .-= Lisa Rae @ smacksy´s last blog ..Dollar Days =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 1:48 am

11. BHJ said,

Pick a blog, SWT. The double blog thing confuses me.
    .-= BHJ´s last blog ..Sometimes, Blog Commenters Are Smarter Than Me And, Because They’re Not Jerks, I Don’t Ridicule Them =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 2:55 am

12. Beth said,

such GORGEOUS children!!!

thank you for the sadie update… i’ve been thinking about her.

my co-worker is 4’10” and stunning… being a woman, she enjoys wearing 4″ stilettos every day, too! i seriously thought she was 5’2″ for months! =)
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..**SNOWPO.CALYPSE 2010** =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 3:40 am

13. seekingclarav said,

Growing up, I was always jealous of my friend Angela because she was under 5 feet, tiny and so adorable. All the “big guys” loved her for it too.

Your girls are stunning. And I’m so happy that they aren’t wearing matching outfits in either picture.

| February 9, 2010 @ 4:00 am

14. Natika said,

My daughter was born almost 21yrs ago. When she was born she was only in the 5th percentile. My niece was in the 95th. My daughter was always much smaller then the other girls her age. When she was 6 months old people would ask me if she was 3 months.
    Now at 21, she’s 5ft. She has short legs but that’s it. Everyone calls her Lil’Britt.
    She picked up in size around puberty. For the record I am 5ft 7″. Her dad is 6ft.

On a different topic…7wks sober today!

| February 9, 2010 @ 4:21 am

15. Heather (qtberryhead) said,

Cute cute girls! I am totally digging that hair!
    .-= Heather (qtberryhead)´s last blog ..Trying On The Big Girl Panties =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 4:22 am

16. Jane said,

the beauty and bright coming out of those pictures is overwhelming. seriously.
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Away We Go =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 8:59 am

17. valerie said,

May sound like a stupid ? and maybe it was the first thing they did, but did they ever check for parasites? My son had one (Giardia) that kept him from gaining weight. They usually treat symptoms, but he did not seem to have the diarrhea, etc. that is usually tell-tale…just no weight gain.
    .-= valerie´s last blog ..Baby Benadryl =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

18. lauren said,

Oh the Hair! The smiles! The cuteness!!!!!

| February 9, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

19. Kir said,

OMG..she is so beautiful and honestly doesn’t look that much smaller than her gorgeous sister!!!! thanks for the update and the pics, they made my day..look at the HAIR!!!!! *SMILE* love love love it

| February 9, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

20. Pamela @ 2 much testosterone said,

Shorties rule…. That is all.
    .-= Pamela @ 2 much testosterone´s last blog ..Post It Note Tuesday – – Who needs implants when you have breasts the size of bowling balls?! =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

21. Christina said,

Aw, they are adorable! You only have to be 4’9″ to drive/ride in a car without a booster seat, as my adorable friend who is 4’10” reminds me on a regular basis (me, I’m just 5’2″, so I’m a shortie as well). The point of that piece of trivia is, she may grow up to be tiny, but that is not going to inhibit her in anyway. And little ladies tend to have firecracker personalities, so watch out world!
    .-= Christina´s last blog ..comment moderation =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 5:53 pm

22. Kelly said,

They are just beautiful! Thanks for the update. I don’t think Sadie looks all that much smaller either for what it’s worth. Being tall can be quite overrated, makes you feel like an amazon when wearing heels, and I’m not even that tall at 5’7″, my poor daughter at 5’10”, is totally cursing the tall gene, right now, especially since at 17 she is still growing.
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..A Nose Ring Like Sissy… =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 10:42 pm

23. Mommy on the Spot said,

I agree that most petite people are cute and adorable, and your girls are already such cuties . . . Snookie is not “most petite people.”
    .-= Mommy on the Spot´s last blog ..Tasmanian Devil vs. Mama Bear =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

24. Kendra said,

That is a beautiful pair of girls! I’m glad Sadie is doing so well, in terms of her overall health. And so what if she’s really short? I’m barely 5’4″, but I’m not adorable and don’t have beautiful curly hair. No matter how tall she is, she’s going to be beautiful. And that’s great about her speech progress!
    .-= Kendra´s last blog ..Deep Thoughts =-.

| February 9, 2010 @ 11:53 pm

25. Ginger said,

They are both utterly delightful. Health and vitality are more important than size.
    .-= Ginger´s last blog ..Hannah tricks =-.

| February 10, 2010 @ 7:51 pm

26. Carolyn Online said,

They both look PERFECT.
    .-= Carolyn Online´s last blog ..I am at my most emotionally clumsy when it comes to: Difficult and Cumbersome. =-.

| February 11, 2010 @ 3:10 pm

27. Belle said,

Pictures always do the trick. Curly heads are good too. I’m satisfied.

| February 12, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

28. Christine said,

Have you tried taking her off wheat? I know that is an annoying suggestion if you have already done it but my girlfriend just took her daughter off wheat and she is starting to gain weight and grow! It was an afterthought for her pediatrician, so most doctors and nutritionists don’t always consider it.

| February 13, 2010 @ 5:11 am

29. Wishing4One said,

I can remember hearing my mother say “boy how I wish you girls had curls and red hair…” she got neither. Sadie is amazing, and I agree she does not look that much smaller than her sis in pics. Amazingly gorgeous she is though indeed. Oh I have always thought petite people rule, even though I am not counted as one of them.
    .-= Wishing4One´s last blog ..87 =-.

| February 13, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

30. Lisa said,

They are SO cute! I’m glad Sadie is doing well.

| February 16, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

31. Laurie said,

My MIL is a little thing- around 4’11”- and she is so cute (and feisty, yowza) and wears the most adorable outfits.. and she gets them all cheaper because she can shop in the jr’s department. Rahr!

Sadie is a little doll… love the pictures.

| February 17, 2010 @ 12:18 am

32. Elizabeth said,

Your girls are adorable!! Such big bright eyes and smiles, and that hair! I’m glad Sadie is improving. My 4 year old would like your girls to come over and play right now, please, she’ll even share her My Little Ponies :)

| February 17, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

33. Jess said,

Hey, there are lots of upside to being the size of a 12 year old.. shopping in the girls section can be quite a bit cheaper.. and it’s hard to find underwear with monkeys on the butt in the adult section. Do you know how many people are jealous of my monkey butt underwear? I’d take a picture of my butt and post it on my blog except I’m afraid there would be widespread rioting by the tall people.

-Jess “eternally striving for that extra quarter inch that stands between me and five feet” D.

| February 18, 2010 @ 3:00 am

34. Unplanned Cooking said,

What cuties, and look at those curls! What I wouldn’t give for a head of hair like that!
    .-= Unplanned Cooking´s last blog ..Staying Sane at Home, Thanks to The Blog Pantry =-.

| February 22, 2010 @ 7:51 pm