My New Year’s eve was a bit underwhelming this year which was probably to be expected. Instead of making any resolutions which have always been my downfall, I decided to give myself a break and just try to offer myself some suggestions. Think of them as goals that are more easily attainable than say “do more for charity.” It’s a lot easier to meet your expectations of yourself if you take a little time and lower them. One year my goal for myself was to eat more candy. That year I totally kicked ass! It was downright empowering. Another year I decided to eat less cheese. That didn’t go quite as well but it showed me that it’s a learning process!
So here are my “suggestions” to myself for 2010. I think they are reasonable.
- Make sure I watch every episode of the Bachelor: Wings of Love -no fast forwarding through the pre-rose ceremony “contemplating the wall of photographs” boring part.
- Stop talking crap about John Mayer unless I plan to put my money where my mouth is and stop listening to his music.
- Refrain from buying a pair of cowboy boots no matter how fond my memories are of the pair I had in the 80’s.
- Knock “give husband blowjob” off my to do list.
- Fantasize about buying a Wii.
- Eat more canned soup.
- When Facebook alerts me that it’s someone I barely know’s birthday, take a moment to internally wish them a happy birthday.
- Really try to take my complaining to the next level.
- Try not to laugh outloud at people with bad fake n’ bake tans.
- Make more meals at home from scratch. And by scratch I mean frozen in a bag from Trader Joe’s.
- When in the mall, take the time to stop and smell the fresh baked cookies at Mrs. Field’s.
- Keep in mind that bathing suit season is only six months away. Start working out five months and two weeks from now.
- Attempt to be more of a sellout!
So what are your New Year’s suggestions?