The Yahoo Link

I promise I will be going back to my regularly scheduled hilarity (except on Fridays when I will be talking all about drinking – and really any other time I choose since last I checked it was my blog) but until then, some of you drinkers are having trouble finding the link to the Yahoo group that’s been created for us to lend support to each other.

So join us and let’s talk and talk and talk and talk about not drinking which we will find endlessly helpful and people who don’t drink too much will find awfully navel gazing.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 2, 2010 4:51 pmDrinking14 comments

1. Natballs said,

This has nothing to do with your post (keep going strong, BTW!), but I got two of your books for Christmas. :)

| January 2, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

2. Rebecca said,

Aren't you working on a new book? Can you give us a paragraph of your work? A sentence? A chapter?? Title? Will it be called "People Can and Will Suck the Life Out Of You"

| January 2, 2010 @ 9:09 pm

3. Ellie said,

Thanks for the link! I just joined (pending approval, of course, which brings up all kinds of acceptance issues… :)

| January 2, 2010 @ 11:23 pm

I hope its true about a new book…I am totally addicted to the funny truths….I am ordering Chardoney/sippy cups for a girlfriends babyshower next weekend…..real funny stuff…I am just finishing that one and just cant quit giggling….love it!

| January 3, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

5. Lola said,

I'm excited about the group, yay! And thank-you for remembering that this is your blog, where you get to say whatever the hell you want!

| January 4, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

Thanks for the link – I found the group
    Sirenna

| January 4, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

You are completely self-absorbed There are so many really important things to focus on other than ones-self. You have a handle on your drinking. Great. Now get on with life. Take the time you spend continually talking about drinking and volunteer at a rehab center. Go to college and become a counselor to help others.

| January 4, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

That's oneself; get thyself to college.

| January 4, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

9. MommaKiss said,

Oh, the hiding behind Anon. So lovely and brave…

I'll be back for the Friday smack downs. And the next time I catch up on my google reader 😉

| January 4, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

10. Summer said,

Totally thought about you on New Years Eve…

When a friends of ours called and invited themselves over to hang out for New Years. When I reminded them that we didn't drink anymore….there was a long awkward pause….and then:

"Oh ya. Um, well, you know…I better talk to Ron and make sure he didn't make other plans…"

Two hours later I got a text that said,

"Going to a party, catch ya another time."

Not drinking is SO fun.

Fun Bobby has left the building.

| January 5, 2010 @ 2:06 am

11. Stephanie said,

HI, I have been following your story for a while now and I am ready to take the plunge into the Herbal tea as well! I am committed to changing in 2010. I applied to become a member of the Yahoo group. I applied under ssloranger.

| January 5, 2010 @ 8:09 pm

So – I figure everyone is over at the yahoo site but I'm too chicken to sign in… basically the long and short of it is over the past two weeks (and after reading all of your beautiful and courageous posts), I have cut down from 2-3 drinks a day to one now. A small one at that.

And basically it's been great. I feel better and have more energy and sailed through the holidays without a single hangover or regret. I have still enjoyed the wine, as I said, but not to the point of feeling altered, and I like it better this way.

I know this won't work for everyone – I totally get that – but I wanted to say thank you to everyone for opening up your stories and hearts to each other. It has inspired me to make some needed changes for the better, and for that, I am truly grateful.

| January 6, 2010 @ 2:08 am

Oh, and Anon at 8:49am, go suck a nut. The fact that these posts don't resonante with YOU doesn't mean shit. Stef has helped a ton of people reach out to each other and get honest, which is an amazing thing. We all contribute to this world in different ways. What is your contribution?

| January 6, 2010 @ 2:11 am

14. Lisa said,

Thanks for the link! Im hoping to join. Im pending approval which, of course, makes me super nervous. Like, did I say the right thing in the box that asks why you want to join?? I feel like Im waiting for my grade! Please accept me…please, please, please…How's that for issues?

Love you, love your books!

| January 7, 2010 @ 4:34 pm