Do You Love Dr. Oz?

Hi friends, loved ones, regular readers, occasional readers and people who Googled “Best Way To Camouflage Man Boobs” and ended up here –

Next Wednesday, October 7th (sorry, Rocktober) I will be in NYC to tape an episode of the Dr. Oz show regarding our favorite topic, laying off the sauce. I was wondering if any of you New Yorkers would be interested in coming to be in the studio audience and supporting me while I say embarrassing things about myself and my old habits to a few million viewers.

If watching me look like an asshole is something that gives you a little giggle, then please email Jed at Jstrong@zoco.com and tell him you need to see this front row center. It’s on me.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on September 30, 2009 3:34 pmUncategorized37 comments

1. Pamela said,

Dr. Oz is the shit. I look forward to watching your embarrassment….

| September 30, 2009 @ 3:47 pm

2. maya said,

when does it tape?! If I can make it after work- I am so there!

| September 30, 2009 @ 3:58 pm

3. Chris Mancini said,

I'll be there in the front row of my living room. Good luck! At least Dr. Oz is an actual doctor…

| September 30, 2009 @ 4:29 pm

4. Wicked Step Mom said,

Good luck with the show!

Damn Dr. Oz for being in New York instead of Detroit!

| September 30, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

5. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Good luck! I promised myself I would never watch the Dr. Oz show but I'll have to make an exception. Please tell him I think Opes wants to get in his pants.

| September 30, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

6. BabyonBored said,

If you guys are interested in coming and want the details on the time etc. just email Jeb! Please. Do it.

| September 30, 2009 @ 4:49 pm

7. Andrea (ace1028) said,

My SIL worships him, I'll have to send her this info!

| September 30, 2009 @ 4:50 pm

8. robin said,

Oh,I totally wish I could make this! Unfortuntely, my sober ass has to stay in LA and work. Please please please let us know when it airs (whenever you find out) so I can laugh at you in the future.

Robin, one (of the many, I'm sure) person you helped get sober :)

| September 30, 2009 @ 5:39 pm

9. Aunt Becky said,

So, how do I camouflage my man boobs?

| September 30, 2009 @ 5:44 pm

10. Mommy on the Spot said,

I would LOVE to come, but living in the midwest and all, I'll have to watch it from home. Good luck!

| September 30, 2009 @ 6:18 pm

11. Mommy on the Spot said,

I forgot to ask, do you know when it will air?

| September 30, 2009 @ 6:19 pm

12. Molly said,

I'm emailing now!! I'm in NYC and I promise I'll be supportive and wave at you!

| September 30, 2009 @ 6:32 pm

13. Shannon said,

Steph…
    I would be there in a heartbeat if I had a nanny or a husband who would take a presciption for Xanax while watching my kiddo's. I will be rooting for you. Don't know much about Dr. OZ, but my bet is on you! You go girl….ass or not, you are the bomb!

| September 30, 2009 @ 6:49 pm

14. Rebecca said,

I am so completely saddened by the fact that I have two youngins and a very tight budget which wouldn't allow for travel outside the county I live in, much less travel outside the state…even time zone. Oh well. I'll have to watch you on television and pretend that I have front row studio audience seats. Watch for me…I'll be the one holding your books in one hand and a sharpie in the other screaming "Please, for the love of God sign my books Stefanie"

| September 30, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

15. Jen@ After The Alter said,

I love doctor Oz! Watching him now as a matter of fact:) I just e mailed about tickets!

| September 30, 2009 @ 7:04 pm

16. Jen @ After The Alter said,

I'm bummed…they only want moms It doesn't even count that I want to be a mom:( oh well…I am sending 2 other women! lol

| September 30, 2009 @ 8:50 pm

17. Wishing 4 One said,

You know I can't make it, if I were in the States I would so fly into NY to witness this. I think Dr. Oz is a perv, why? He seems to stare/glare at all female guests boobs, i could be wrong. Good luck. If the show can viewed online after taping send me link and I will tell you if i am right or not…. i think i am.

| September 30, 2009 @ 10:40 pm

18. Denise Thomas said,

Emailed this Jed person ten minutes ago and have not heard back. Does he know who he's dealing with?

| October 1, 2009 @ 12:04 am

19. kyslp said,

Cool! Whenever I tune in he is talking about poop. Glad to see that isn't why you're going.

| October 1, 2009 @ 12:26 am

20. Ellie said,

Wow! I wish I could be there, too – please do let us know when it airs!! I want to see it! Good for you for telling your story – you will help so many people!

| October 1, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

21. Jed said,

Hey Denise! Can you email me again? I haven't gotten your email yet!! Looking for all the Stefanie supporters and moms we can get :)

jstrong@zoco.com

| October 1, 2009 @ 2:52 pm

I would love to go I'm e-mail
    you right now. Hope to see ya
    there..

| October 1, 2009 @ 4:25 pm

Thank you for the tickets.
    Will see you next week.

Joann

| October 2, 2009 @ 2:00 am

24. Anne Marie said,

When does your show actually air?
    I am not a *heart* Dr. Oz person, but will watch to support fehr schizzle!

| October 2, 2009 @ 3:32 am

25. Janefilms said,

So I did it, I googled 'best way to camo man boobs' and I am so impressed to tell you that you are the third hit on that one. If I didn't so deeply need to go to bed I'd read the first two for a giggle.

feel the love.

| October 2, 2009 @ 7:23 am

26. Heidi said,

Nope, don't like any, I mean except for my GP who is awesome, doctors. Nothing personal Dr. Oz. I work with too many asshole doctors at the hospital.
    I wish I could come though, you know I would, but I have to work. DAMN IT!

| October 2, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

27. Shannon said,

I wish I lived at least on the right coast, I would so be there. I have actually been watching him whilst exercising my fat butt away on the elliptical in the mornings. Watching peoples clogged up arteries is insanely good motivation!

Good luck, I know you will do great! Just don't tell any embarrassing stories about me! LOL

| October 3, 2009 @ 3:10 am

28. Kendra said,

I've never watched Dr Oz and don't live anywhere near New York, but let me know when it airs, and I'll watch then just to support you!

| October 3, 2009 @ 9:29 pm

29. MyHormonesMadeMeDoIt said,

I haven't watched since he got his own show, but am setting TIVO to see you on there:)

| October 5, 2009 @ 4:29 pm

30. Rebecca said,

I really am interested in watching to support YOU so please do blog about the date and time which this will air, cause I'm all over it!

| October 5, 2009 @ 7:49 pm

31. Beth said,

I would SO be there if I didn't live 6 hours away!!!

Please remind us here in the blog-o-sphere when the segment will be aired! =)

| October 6, 2009 @ 3:17 am

32. Kris said,

Any idea when it will air?

| October 19, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

33. nexy said,

Congratulations on your accomplishments! I am watching Dr. Oz right now.

| October 22, 2009 @ 4:09 pm

I just can't help myself. I am seeing you on Dr. Oz right now, a show I would never watch but was trying to catch the end of my local news and I saw the preview for the topic "A Crisis with American Moms". I couldn't help but watch and I must say, I have zero respect for you and for all of the women like you.

I am 37 years old (soon to be 38) and I have been trying to have a baby since I was 34. I would treasure the label "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" that you stated was difficult for you to hear. Women like you have the GREATEST gift right in front of you – beautiful, healthy children – yet you choose alcohol over something you will never get back… time with your babies and children.

And it is pathetic that you turned to alcohol to "find yourself", although I am glad that you are now on the public sobriety wagon. Good for you. Hopefully your appearance on this show will help some mother in a drunken stupor somewhere realize that she needs step away from her Chardonnay.

Alcoholism runs in my family so I am no stranger to your situation. The only difference between me and many of my family members is that I took PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for MYSELF years ago and chose to NOT turn to the bottle to be able to "deal" with life. I have little to no sympathy for alcoholics. It may be a recognized disease, but alcoholics made the conscious choice to pick up the glass and take the first drink. It sickens me that many people just like you can gain fame and fortune from "telling their story of struggle and strife." Please.

Did you really have that bad of a life? Poor you, you have a good marriage (I assume), an apparently lavish and great life, you are a writer, people choose to follow your blog out of the millions of blogs out there, and you have children who depend upon you to learn positive lessons in life. I am just enraged that people like you can even have children. And it seems like everyone who comments in your blog is in support of you, which makes me question myself as to why you struck such a cord of anger in me; however, I realize that "like attracts like" and I am blessed to NOT be like you.

After suffering a miscarriage and dealing with unexplained fertility problems for years, I'd be a likely candidate to turn to alcohol. I just have more self-respect than that. Be grateful that you have children. There are thousands of women like me who would give anything to be in your shoes… That is, your shoes as a MOTHER only, and NOT a recovering alcoholic on a daytime talk show, book, and blog tour. Good luck to you. I hope you can remain sober and use your not-so-deserving notoriety to help other mothers who "just can't cope."

And finally, I am not writing this because I have some desire to berate you (and other alcoholics) in front of your dedicated masses. I only left this comment here because I could find no other contact information that leads directly to you.

| October 22, 2009 @ 5:32 pm

35. Melissa said,

I am watching in NY right now.. I love you!!

| October 22, 2009 @ 7:08 pm

36. sirenna said,

It was a great segment. I think you really helped the blond lady realized cutting back was not enough and quitting was the only way to go. You are really strong to realize that off the bat and stick to it. I'm trying.

Your skin and hair looked great by the way!

| October 27, 2009 @ 1:24 pm

37. sirenna said,

Anonymous:
    I find your post so sad in so many ways.
    It's terrible that you can't have kids biologically. Adoption doesn't make up for this but it's there as is accepting being child-free.

It's sad you may be estranged from some family members who may have madelifestyle choices with which you adamantly don't agree.

It's very sad you see people around and feel they have more than you and don't deserve any of it as much as you. We all have strife. We all have blessings.

I hear your pain and frustration in this email. But I can tell you from personal experience, this angry, unforgiving mindset if it's always present in a person, can be as addictive and as harmful as taking a drink. It can ruin one'slife just as much as ingesting alcohol or other harmful substances can.

Stephanie is brave and strong for realizing her life's stresses led her to making the decisions she made. At least she's made the decision to try to break free of the bad stuff because she knows how great her life is. She seems grateful, and said so on the segment, to still have the chance to keep it all intact.

Anonymous: You should try to stay strong and positive and look for alternatives to get you the things your heart desires.

| October 27, 2009 @ 1:44 pm