BlogHer

So BlogHer. Leaving tomorrow. Social anxiety is kicking in. Who’s going to be there?

Tell me in my comments if you’re going and what your “real” name is and whether or not you are going to come to the BlogHe bookstore -located right in the Sheraton on Friday at 4 to get a signed copy of my book and help me not feel like a loser. Last year I sat next to Stephanie Klein who smiled beautifically while fan after fan came up to get a book. I picked at my cuticles and tried not to look like a junior high school girl getting my feelings hurt while Steph’s fans gave me and my lack of a line pitying glances. Let’s not have a repeat of that.

Seriously, I’m so excited to meet all of you! See you tomorrow night!

Also, check out my friend Jane’s blog, Lights, Camera, Diapers. She’s a director, hilarious and a new mom who is really unaccustomed to all the new momness of it all. Help a sistah out with a few words of encouragement will you?

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on July 22, 2009 8:32 pmUncategorized29 comments

1. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Stef — What book store? I must have missed where you told us that.

| July 22, 2009 @ 8:45 pm

2. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Uh, I'm the loser… I see it right in your post. Duh. Please tell me you updated it with more info and I am not losing my mind. Which I am regardless.

| July 22, 2009 @ 8:52 pm

3. Count Mockula said,

My real name is Kara, and I'll be there. In fact, I was coming to the bookstore around that time anyway, because my friend Suzanne is signing her book, "Off the Beaten (Subway) Track."

| July 22, 2009 @ 9:04 pm

4. Aunt Becky said,

My real name is "Aunt Becky" but don't worry, we're not related. And you'd BETTER make sure to call me the second you get in. I'll be crying into my iPhone if you don't. CRYING.

| July 22, 2009 @ 9:31 pm

5. justmeandthevoices said,

Damn, wish I was going, but I'm wayyyyyyyy too much of a newbie to be going to a conference with all of my idols.

Have a wonderful time!!!

| July 22, 2009 @ 9:47 pm

6. Backpacking Dad said,

My real name is Shawn. I need your new book.

| July 22, 2009 @ 9:50 pm

7. Cheryl Lage said,

Now I am really having non-BlogHer attendee regret.

Have a great time!

| July 22, 2009 @ 9:58 pm

8. Immoral Matriarch said,

My name is Maria and I will be there. :)

| July 22, 2009 @ 10:06 pm

9. Black Hockey Jesus said,

My name is Black Hockey Jesus and I already have your book and a review that will post on MamaPop on Monday the 27th.

| July 22, 2009 @ 10:21 pm

10. Angry Julie Monday said,

My name is Julie, duh…I'm not always Angry, I promise. I haven't purchased the new book, because I need an excuse to go and stalk you, ooopps I meant meet you..

I found out about the party plane, too late in the game, epic fail!!!

anyway, just waving hi from Orange County!

| July 22, 2009 @ 11:01 pm

11. Ann's Rants said,

I'm Ann and Suzy Soro raves to me about you and I will come and say hello and get a book and charge her for it.

| July 23, 2009 @ 12:28 am

12. CaraBee said,

My real name is Cara. I know, it's a real stretch from my blog name. I'll be there and I will try to come to the bookstore and get your book. We can't have you lineless.

Btw, I was just flipping through last week's EW and saw the review of your book!! I was like, I know her, you know, sortof, not really, but I really like her blog and books and how awesome is it that EW is reviewing her book. And so nicely, too! Congrats!

| July 23, 2009 @ 1:14 am

13. Kari said,

I'll be there, and in line for your new book. I've actually waited to buy it, so that I could get it at BlogHer.

Kari

| July 23, 2009 @ 1:38 am

14. Heidi said,

Wish I could go. Maybe next year. I can't wait to get a copy of your book! Have a great time and sell a lot of books.
    Beth

| July 23, 2009 @ 2:56 am

15. MereCat said,

Sickly jealous that I am not going to be there. Ugh. Maybe next year. If there is no one in your line, imagine me standing there, anxious, excited to meet a Today show star, and real live book writing icon who I simply love and adore. Have lots and lots of fun! And have a full sugar, delicious, tantalizing Coca-Cola for me. I love Coke. Especially with spaghetti.

| July 23, 2009 @ 3:34 am

16. becky w. said,

Not going this year, have fun! If you have another book out next year I will so totally be in your line!

| July 23, 2009 @ 3:57 am

17. Bridget said,

I leave for BlogHer in 6 hours! Yay! And I can't wait to meet you.

I might actually be the cheeseball that brings all my books…will you sign all three?? (Seriously, I give them to every new mom. Fo realz.)

| July 23, 2009 @ 4:52 am

18. Parker said,

My name is Carolyn and I'm an alcoholic.

Oh wait, am I in the right room?

Oh I kid. I will see you at Blogher and I will hover aruond your table if you feel the need for body count.

| July 23, 2009 @ 11:37 am

19. Carolyn...Online said,

Ok, it's me again. The last comment from "Parker" was really from me Carolyn Online. But apparently my daughter was logged in so she could check her email because that's what 8 year old girls do now apparently so my comment came up as being from Parker.

So I wanted to come correct that. But then I thought that maybe my little joke about being an alcoholic wasn't funny what with you giving up wine and all. Even though I was really going for the "Hi I'm (blank)" angle and not the "Let's poke fun at not drinking" angle. So I thought I'd just let Parker take the fall for that one.

But then I decided that maybe you got the joke in the first place and weren't offended and would be glad to know that there really would be a blogger named Carolyn who would be happy to meet you at the bookstore at 4pm and ask for an autograph.

So um that's all.

See you on Friday!

| July 23, 2009 @ 12:07 pm

20. Uncommon Julia said,

I'll be there! But I'm low on pocket change, so I won't be buying a copy of your book. (insert whiney wheedling)

I'm normally not an anxious person, but this is my first time at BlogHer and since my trip is entirely paid for my my readers, I feel like I shouldn't eff it up. So yes, social anxiety, as depicted by the giant zit on my chin.

| July 23, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

21. Janefilms said,

Oh how I wish I could come stand in line. I'd get my copy of the book signed and then stand in line again and shoot glances as needed.

'Cause your book is hilarious and is getting a re-read already. It's in the kitchen and my husband reads bite size portions of it (ha! get it?) and then tells me the new funny part he just read. He's a writer and kinda snobby about others writings and he thinks you're great.

Just sayin'.

Btw, thanks so much for giving my new little zipcode on the internet a shout out. Really heart you dude.

| July 23, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

22. Rebecca said,

So, if you'd visit the mid-west, I'd go visit you and stand in line all day long just to meet you……cause you're just that awesome.

Oh, and uhhh, my name is actually Rebecca…some people call me Becky though.

| July 23, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

23. Catwoman said,

OK, I know you, but I have no idea who this Stef Klein is.

So I totally would have stood in your line in not hers. If I had gone/were going, I would totally hang out with you.

| July 23, 2009 @ 7:16 pm

24. carrie said,

Not going, but if I were it would be a HONOR to meet you! Have fun!

I'll check out the link. Love the title already.

| July 23, 2009 @ 7:24 pm

25. daisybv2 said,

I am here in chicago and wish I could meet you but maybe someday… Have Fun at BlogHer Yo!

| July 23, 2009 @ 9:08 pm

26. Betsy said,

I won't be there but wish I had your book signed. I LOVE IT!!!! I have loved all your books though and tell everyone about them. People keep asking to borrow them and I lie, don't tell them I told you that, and say I can't find it just go buy it "trust me it is worth the money, you will pee your pants". You are hilarious, drunk, sober, whatever. I am so proud of you and think you are doing a wonderful job. But, if you were to fall off the wagon, trust me we would still be here for you and love you the same. Come on you can't be a perfect bitch can you???? If so, I HATE YOU!!!!

Betsy!

| July 25, 2009 @ 4:01 am

27. WhisperingWriter said,

I hope you had fun.

I couldn't make it to BlogHer. I'm bummed.

| July 26, 2009 @ 11:58 pm

28. Faith- Inspired Designs by Faith said,

I found your site and LOVE your blog! I just had to follow! Take a look at http://www.Inspireddesignsbyfaith.blogspot.com I would love to get featured on your blog if your interested contact me at faithpeasley@gmail.com

Faith

| July 30, 2009 @ 12:29 am

29. wheelsonthebus said,

i didn't go, but i already owned your book long before i started reading your blog (because any friend of becky…)

| August 5, 2009 @ 12:30 am