Oprah

So, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be one of about 12 moms on Oprah via videotape on Monday. The women they used are mostly bloggers and authors and, of course, Dooce will be on video and skyping. So check it out and then write to Oprah and tell her your very favorite mom was that Stefanie chick. Maybe she should have a show or something. Tell her. For the love of all my children, please tell her.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 3, 2009 6:09 pmUncategorized39 comments

1. Petunia Face said,

I will totally tell her you’re my favorite. But only if you insert the name of my blog into a sentence during the show. Or pull off one of Oprah’s Snuffalofagus eyelashes as an Aha! moment during taping. Either way, yes, I will totally say that Stefanie chick is my fave.

| April 3, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

2. SmartAssMom said,

That’s weird. I wonder if Oprah’s invite to me got stuck in my spam folder…hmmm.

I don’t normally watch Oprah, but for you I’ll set my DVR. Just this once.

| April 3, 2009 @ 6:26 pm

3. Aunt Becky said,

Dude. Of COURSE you’re my favorite. I’ll let the whole world know :)

| April 3, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

4. Angry Julie Monday said,

That’s awesome. I will have to DVR it since I’m at work that day.

| April 3, 2009 @ 7:16 pm

5. Beth said,

Can’t wait to see you on there! I love your fashion comments in US Weekly! :o)

| April 3, 2009 @ 7:59 pm

6. Suzy said,

Congrats!

| April 3, 2009 @ 8:07 pm

7. Cheryl Lage said,

Oh Oprah knows you’re my favorite! 😉
    (But as I repeat myself often, I’ll be happy to reiterate!)

Never really watch the gal, but will make the time this go ’round! :)

Go get ’em, Stef!

| April 3, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

8. BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said,

That is awesome….woo hoo!

| April 3, 2009 @ 8:36 pm

I just saw a snippet. Can’t wait to see the show.

| April 3, 2009 @ 8:49 pm

10. Marinka said,

You’re totally my favorite unless someone that I like more will be on, of course.

Btw, you should ask to be on the cover of O. I hear that she’s really flexible about that.

| April 3, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

11. CaraBee said,

I watched a little bit of Oprah today and happened to see the preview. I was like, wait a minute, is that Stef?? DVR is set and I’ll be starting a petition to get a show devoted especially to you. :)

| April 3, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

12. mominsanity said,

This is so cool! I’m totally TiVo’ing it. :)

| April 3, 2009 @ 11:29 pm

13. Samantha said,

I saw you on TV today!!!!! It was the preview for Oprah, and they flashed through the moms real quick….you are famous already:) Can’t wait to see the show.

| April 4, 2009 @ 12:10 am

14. Coma Girl said,

Congrats!

(whisper) You’re much funnier than Dooce!

| April 4, 2009 @ 12:17 am

15. heather... said,

I dunno. I REALLY like Dooce.

| April 4, 2009 @ 12:53 am

16. Mrs. Wright said,

How exciting!! I love your books and I was thrilled to find your blog. You’ve actually inspired me to write about my own adventures in pajama-land otherwise known as my life… I set the dvr!

| April 4, 2009 @ 1:43 am

17. Catwoman said,

So is Dr. Oz going to let you hold any human body parts? I guess I’ll need to watch to find out…

Tell Oprah you’d be a lot more fun than Gayle and to make you her new BFF.

And then you two beeyotches pick me up in the jet and let’s go shopping, ok?

| April 4, 2009 @ 4:16 am

18. Y's Mom888 said,

You are definitely everyones favorite, even if they don’t admit it.

=]

..i dont watch Oprah but I’ll watch it for you or Steve Harvey

😀

| April 4, 2009 @ 4:59 am

19. Black Hockey Jesus said,

You’re the word, SWT.

| April 4, 2009 @ 6:07 am

20. Sasha said,

Am I the only one who doesn’t get why Dooce is such a big deal? I never even heard of her until you mentioned her on this blog and I don’t find her that interesting, funny or even talented.

So weird.

You, on the other hand, are fantastic.

| April 4, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

21. Jean said,

How exciting! I don’t watch Oprah, but I will make sure that I watch it tomorrow to see you on tv!

| April 5, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

22. Surcie said,

I’m really happy for you, Stef!

| April 6, 2009 @ 1:04 am

23. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

You were awesome awesome awesome. I wish they had put everyone’s blog site URL up while they were talking. And the name of books where appropriate for moms who were published authors like you. You were by far the funniest. I’d take sleep over sex any day. Definitely with my husband and maybe even with Daniel Craig.

| April 6, 2009 @ 3:12 pm

24. Wicked Step Mom said,

I don’t watch Opera, but I will totally lie to her for you and say that I watched and you were the best.

| April 6, 2009 @ 3:39 pm

25. Y said,

That’s so shocking that Dooce is going to be on. I mean, it’s about time the media start giving her some air time. Sheesh.

that said. I can’t wait to see you! 40 more minutes! If you don’t give me a shout out, I’m not sure I can be your friend anymore, though.

| April 6, 2009 @ 9:21 pm

26. jill said,

hmm I’m not the only one that doesnt give their kid a bath every day either. awesome!

| April 6, 2009 @ 10:46 pm

27. Pouring it out there... said,

you were so great on Oprah today…definitely my fave…I’ll pass it along to her!

what a great show today, I loved it….so true about how we are our own worst enemies and we just need to support each other.

I think Im headed in the minivan direction too and I know it will be a tough day :(

| April 6, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

28. Amanda said,

Great job – you were so funny!

| April 6, 2009 @ 11:49 pm

29. Vodka Mom said,

you rock.

| April 7, 2009 @ 12:00 am

No offense, but I expected something different on Oprah. The laments of the moms, while so brutally honest as to take your breath away, were nothing that has not been repeated over and over again by moms for as long as I can remember.

| April 7, 2009 @ 1:01 am

31. Mommy and Daddy said,

Your remarks were the highlight of today’s program. Loved the minivan/neuter bit. I did enjoy the Mom is FLA who identified her “out only” door, LOL. Thanks for keeping me laughing!

| April 7, 2009 @ 2:46 am

32. Blondie said,

While I am glad Oprah is dedicating time to the everyday superheroes, I was a little disappointed with this show. First of all, you didn’t have nearly enough face time, and B. those 2 blonde chicks were kind of annoying. Anywho, you looked great and your comments were right on. You should have mentioned how you pimped out your minivan though, I don’t know if moms think they can do that!

| April 7, 2009 @ 3:55 am

33. RhoRho said,

Dammit, maybe I can find it on YouTube. Did you and Dooce duke it out verbally?

| April 7, 2009 @ 4:36 am

34. How to Party with an Infant said,

I wish I saw it!

| April 7, 2009 @ 6:36 am

35. maya said,

I saw it last night- and remembered that you mentioned you were on…. you were awesome!!

You made oprah laugh- nothing is better than that!

| April 7, 2009 @ 2:02 pm

36. Crystal said,

Well, fuck me to tears. You’ve been on Oprah. You realize that’s it, right? There’s nothing left. You have reached the Mt Everest of media exposure. I don’t think even sleeping with Ryan Seacrest can top that.

I’m so happy for you and so ready to eat my own head to put myself out of my green-eyed misery.

Now that the two of you are tight, can you call her and tell her I need a new car? And some lipo?

| April 7, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

37. heathernkids said,

They needed to plug the blogs! I went on Oprah.com to see if they had done so on her page, but got sidetracked when I saw an application to be on the show for a new wardrobe…Shiny ball sydrome you know.
    You looked great!

| April 7, 2009 @ 5:37 pm

38. supermom said,

Wow!!! That is so exciting!!!
    Of course we’ll probably only get to see it next year some time lol Shows do seem to take forever before coming to South Africa.

You MUST blog all about it…oh of course you will!!!

| April 8, 2009 @ 5:07 am

39. Becky said,

Ohhh please post a URL from youtube or something. I didn’t get to watch Oprah!! Stinking busy Mondays!!

| April 8, 2009 @ 4:38 pm