Today Show – click it

So I ran off yesterday afternoon to NY to do a segment on the Today Show which you can check out here: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/ you may have to go under parenting to see the video but it’s kind of funny even though my hair looked like ass and my shirt made me look pregnant with octuplets. Which was perfect since I was there to discuss the Octo-moms 911 calls.

OBVIOUSLY, we will get back to more important matters once I watch Idol tonight.

I will not be dissecting the Bachelor but I will say that Jason is disgusting, I believe the whole thing was a ratings play and I’m a huge Melissa fan. She’s honestly sort of cute. And Molly is slimy.

I am very tired and truly hope I can stay awake through Idol but I will try because my readers are depending on it. Although I get the fewest comments when I talk about Idol. But I just assume everyone LOVES it. It’s called self-esteem and I’m teaching a workshop out of my garage if you’re interested.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on March 11, 2009 2:30 amUncategorized28 comments

1. Cheryl Lage said,

Gonna go check you out on the Today show…and I am with you on the Idol fication. AND, not to get you TOO excited, but see if you don’t think woozy (mild adjective) Paula is back in spades tonight….

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:08 am

2. Cheryl Lage said,

“fication”? Nice typo for me…that sounds so dirty…

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:09 am

3. Kelsey said,

I DO look forward to your Idol recaps. Did you see that Melissa (from The Bachelor) has resurfaced on Dancing with the Stars?

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:22 am

4. Summer said,

Okay, can I just say my favorite line in that whole clip was, “I’m not the poster child for mental stability, and I have the xanax in my purse to prove it!”

So, you know how there is this “tag” going around that says show me whats in your purse?

How hilarious would it be to have a tag asking, “Show me what you keep your xanax in, in your purse.”

=)

You looked awesome, loved it!

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:28 am

5. Mommy Melee said,

Are you going to be on that Digital Moms segment? Cause you would be a breath of fresh air. The first one made me want to stab the internet.

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:30 am

6. Emily said,

Is Natalie as gorgeous in real life as she is on the show? In my Lifetime movie, I SO want her to play me (even if shes not an actress)!

So, I’m wondering…is your tongue still bleeding (from biting it so hard)? You showed excellent restraint…which is good?

| March 11, 2009 @ 3:38 am

7. How to Party with an Infant said,

You were awesome! The voice of reason, my god. You looked cute, too!

| March 11, 2009 @ 4:12 am

8. courtney said,

I definitely agreed with you more than the host and the other woman there. You did great and you looked amazing! Pregnant with octuplets my ass.

| March 11, 2009 @ 5:38 am

9. Catwoman said,

So I’m traveling for work, and I come out of the bathroom in my hotel room, and all of a sudden, I overhear Natalie Morales say something about Chardonnay and Sippy Cups.

I run into the bedroom (we’ll leave out the part where my flabby body hit me in the face with a boob for moving too quickly) and wouldn’t you know it, there you were on the TV, and here I was, not wearing anything. Awkward!

I thought you were awesome! My favorite line? “I worry she’ll call 911 next time she loses a sandwich.”

| March 11, 2009 @ 5:48 am

10. LiteralDan said,

Why don’t they ever call ME to talk about Octomom 911 calls?

Oh, right.

| March 11, 2009 @ 6:08 am

11. mominsanity said,

Hey there – I’m going to agree with one of the posters up top – the best line was definitely “I’m not the poster child for sanity…” I would have said that about myself but said “I have the Zoloft in my purse to prove it.” Rock on! You looked great, sounded great. :)

| March 11, 2009 @ 10:38 am

12. Wicked Step Mom said,

You looked great!! Great appearance!

| March 11, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

Natalie Morales is so beautiful she’d make the rest of us mere mortals feel like octo-hags, but you are to hard on yourself. You looked great and made some excellent points. I was holding my breath waiting for you to drop the f-bomb on them, or tell them that G-tubes make you want to kill yourself….real reason for panic, huh?

| March 11, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

14. Mitzi said,

You did great on the segment but I could tell you had to hold back so much. I would have liked it better if that other mom had not been on there. You could have carried the segment much better that way.

| March 11, 2009 @ 1:30 pm

15. WA said,

You were great–I actually like the hair.

btw, I worked for Romi’s husband for 3 years at Warner Bros. She was always really cool.

| March 11, 2009 @ 1:59 pm

16. Backpacking Dad said,

“…call 911 for a sandwich.”

Which is supposed to sound ridiculous.

But then there was the woman who called 911 over McNuggets…and you have to wonder: maybe OctoMom WILL call 911 over a sandwich.

| March 11, 2009 @ 5:17 pm

17. Lisa said,

I don’t think having Xanax makes you unstable. Maybe I’m projecting because I keep it in my purse as well….

| March 11, 2009 @ 5:30 pm

18. Aunt Becky said,

Dude. I’m seriously waiting for Idol recaps.

And wait, I can call 911 for a sandwich? MY WORLD HAS EXPANDED.

| March 11, 2009 @ 5:37 pm

I actually thought the other mom made great sense. I especially liked her personal comments about her pregnancies and “hormonal reactions.”

| March 11, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

20. It's me said,

i agree i’d have liked to have seen you get to really let it rip without the other more “normal” voice of reason author there. you got to be hilarious, but with a cap on it. i’ve done a couple of tiny tv segments and I know you really only get a coupla seconds, but damn girl were you so quick witted and super shiny smart ass in those coupla seconds you got!

| March 11, 2009 @ 10:36 pm

21. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Did anyone else get the sense the other mom had actually called 911 a few times herself? Something tells me the two of you didn’t grab cocktails together after the segment wrapped. You looked great! I sort of want to call 911 and report a sandwich missing after this segment, just to see what would happen.

| March 11, 2009 @ 10:50 pm

22. Amanda said,

You were fabulous on Today!

| March 12, 2009 @ 12:35 am

23. iheartchocolate said,

Girl, you looked HAWT! I loved the sandwich comment too. 😉

| March 12, 2009 @ 1:12 am

24. CP said,

Just watched the Today clip. While the other mom on with you was nice and all, why didn’t they let you speak more? YOU were hilarious- esp re the “911 call for a missing sandwich”!

BTW- I like your hair and that coral color looks great on you!

| March 12, 2009 @ 2:13 pm

it was a bad hair day in NYC, hope you enjoyed it though!

| March 12, 2009 @ 5:21 pm

26. MereCat said,

You did great! And I was with you, Nadya was a bit excessive with her fervor. There will be crises in life, and a parent must handle them with a little more self-control. But then again, evidently self-control is not exactly Nadya’s strong point.

| March 12, 2009 @ 6:26 pm

27. SmartAssMom said,

Ah, I want to write something witty but all I got is you were fantastic. Loved it.

| March 14, 2009 @ 3:51 am

28. Becky said,

I think the other two were way over the top in defending octomom. Where is sympathy going to get her or the children when octomom goes psycho and does something to harm one of the kids, (mentally, physically, or otherwise)

Stephanie, I think that people will look back to the interview and say, this is the only woman who knew what she was talking about.

| March 20, 2009 @ 7:29 pm