Sadie’s getting huge

Tonight I will be watching the American Idol WILDCARD edition. I don’t really get the point (oh, wait, another hour of Idol) since the judges are making the decision anyway -despite Paula’s decision challenged brain. But, even though they’re attempting to take it out of my hands, I plan to vote anyway. I’m sure they’ll open the phone lines for me because who wouldn’t want my opinion? You know one of the things I would like to tell them? Thank you for being on Thursday because I am completely over Grey’s Anatomy (it’s a rerun anyway but still I stopped watching it weeks ago). That show needs to put itself out of its misery and have a huge earthquake or something. Are there earthquakes in Seattle? Let’s pretend there are and have one where the epicenter is Seattle Grace. The only survivor should be the gay bartender who was in My Obnoxious Fiancee. On second thought – no survivors.

I should be in a better mood. Sadie got weighed today and she’s 16.6 oz. For those of you not in the know, that’s good for Sadie. She gained almost a pound in a month. And it’s all in her ass, baby! She is just on her own little growth curve which has nothing to do apparently with growth charts that regular babies use. But, drum roll please, height wise – she’s finally on the chart for adjusted age. Now that’s progress.

Hi Pediasure. I love you.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on March 6, 2009 1:13 amUncategorized30 comments

1. Heather of the EO said,

Way to grow, Sadie!

And um…it’s a rerun AGAIN tonight? I was all about hating Grey’s until the last two episodes when they finally got DONE with the ghost of Denny walking around following Izzy (and having sex with her). They made it make a little sense and redeemed themselves with some interesting conversations that lived up to the old days. But I hear you, it’s gotten really lame.

But I’m still secretly disappointed that it’s a rerun!

| March 6, 2009 @ 1:33 am

2. Cheryl Lage said,

Go Sadie! Those charts are such an annoyance, but man, when you are at least “on” them, it feels good! :)

Maybe start playing a bit of Sir Mixalot for Sweet Sadie? Extra motivation? 😉

Congrats, Stef…hoping you are able to coast downhill and enjoy the ride for a while after the rugged uphill climb you’ve trekked. :)

| March 6, 2009 @ 1:36 am

3. Andria and Co. said,

Not watching AI this season… just can’t get into it.

I am so glad that Sadie is getting bigger! We need proof in pictures though. 😉

| March 6, 2009 @ 2:27 am

4. Mommy Melee said,

Go Sadie Go!

I am watching Idol right now. (Yay Tivo!)

These people are better than most of the yahoos who got through as the normal eight. Or nine? FUCK. Math.

Whatever.

Your recaps make me so happy.

| March 6, 2009 @ 2:27 am

5. CaraBee said,

Baby got back! (God, did I just say that?) Yay for Sadie!

| March 6, 2009 @ 2:35 am

6. Putty said,

The best part is she can use this story to help her win American Idol in sixteen years. Unless, of course, there is a contestant with a club foot. Because we all know baby weight issues loses to a club foot every time in a singing competition.

| March 6, 2009 @ 3:16 am

She is just ADORABLE!

| March 6, 2009 @ 3:23 am

8. Laura said,

Yay Sadie!
    We are already seeing some growth in the boys too. I don’t regret the decision to have the GJ tubes put in but it was a hellish experience. But they are happier for certain now that they aren’t hungry and in as much reflux pain. And they are starting to sleep much better, though still not through the night. Had we not done the tubes they would have lost weight on the trend they were following. As of this week Cameron also is just on the curve for height and hit 16lbs. Evan is still significantly smaller at not quite 14lbs at 11mos old.

| March 6, 2009 @ 3:48 am

9. Jo said,

Whoohoo! Grow Sadie Grow!

| March 6, 2009 @ 3:53 am

10. Backpacking Dad said,

That’s a sweet face right there, that is.

| March 6, 2009 @ 5:47 am

11. Heather said,

Woohoo Sadie!

| March 6, 2009 @ 8:32 am

12. margalit said,

Great news. I remember when my daughter finally hit 5%tile on the growth chart and I was all “She’s a GIANT” and everyone thought I was insane. But to me, she WAS a giant! A 5th %tile giant. Who is still pretty darn tiny and a foot smaller than her twin brother!

| March 6, 2009 @ 9:12 am

13. LiteralDan said,

Sounds like she’s getting pretty pumped, drinking protein shakes and hitting the (jungle) gym.

Now’s the time when she makes her move and surges up through the percentiles– she’s got her competition nice and complacent, the way she likes them.

| March 6, 2009 @ 10:17 am

14. Wicked Step Mom said,

Yay Pediasure!! I love you too!

I have only watched one episode of Grey’s Anatomy. I ended up wishing that I could get my hour back and screaming “WHY DID I WASTE MY LIFE!” Then, I decided the only way to improve the show would be to have some sort of epic apocalypse. Volcanic explosion, Zombie invasion, Nuclear Winter… I guess an earthquake will work.

| March 6, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

15. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Good news on Sadie! And so adorable.

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance or whatever it was called was SO GOOD. I’m glad that guy is going places… Remember the girl’s family? Boy were they pissed when it all came down. I actually thought the guy — even in the role as the obnoxious fiance — was better than the fake bride. Good times. Why doesn’t someone revive that show? It’s been long enough that they should be able to sucker in another unsuspecting innocent family to ridicule on national television. My heart is racing even thinking of the possibility.

| March 6, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

16. Jean said,

As self elected President of the Sadie Fan Club, I would just like to say “Woohoo! Go Sadie!!!” Such a beautiful picture of her too. She is a gorgeous child!

| March 6, 2009 @ 4:16 pm

17. iheartchocolate said,

That is such great news!

| March 6, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

18. Kristin said,

Wow–she is seriously cute. Glad to hear that she is putting on weight. I only had a very small taste of what you are going through when my son was 2 months to about 5 months. I was exclusively breastfeeding–thought it was going well, but he gained maybe 4 ounces the whole three months. It was very frustrating and scary and no one seemed to be able to help.

I kept suggesting that maybe we could give him a couple of bottles of formula a day in addition to the breast milk but the doctors and lactation consultants (surprise) thought that was a bad idea and would interfere with breastfeeding. Finally I just did it anyway and he started to gain weight at a normal rate. Duh. And he still breastfed like a champ and was a MUCH happier baby. Maybe because he had been hungry before? It makes me so angry to think about it now–I mean, how obvious! I am pregnant now and plan to follow my instincts with the second baby.

Anyway, I’ve been following your blog for awhile and I think that you have done an amazing job dealing with a really difficult situation. I hope she continues to gain a pound a month!

| March 6, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

19. Betty and Boo's Mommy said,

Those EYES! Oh my word, she’s so cute. So glad to hear about her progress – yay, Sadie!

| March 6, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

20. Lisa said,

Great news!

| March 6, 2009 @ 6:04 pm

21. Blondie said,

Hi Stef,
    If you want to see a show that has some real class, you should tune into “Ru Paul’s Drag Race” on Monday nights. It’s on LOGO of course, if you are in the mood for some real performers you should check this gem out! All the best, the girls are beautiful, just like their momma!

| March 7, 2009 @ 1:04 am

22. Beth said,

Yay, Sadie! Keep growing, girl! you certainly couldn’t be any cuter!!! :)

| March 7, 2009 @ 7:16 am

23. Amanda said,

YAY! What a cutie, too!

| March 9, 2009 @ 12:47 am

24. sarah said,

Yay, Sadie!!!

| March 9, 2009 @ 9:31 am

25. silversage said,

It’s so wonderful you have the support of folks who write on your blog. I had two preemies YEARS ago and it was hard to find/share/and get support from other moms. My sons were 2lbs and 3lbs born at 28 and 32 weeks respectively.

I am proud to report that they are healthy active and otherwise normal young men 30 and 27. They had no learning difficulties or health problems.

They were big fans of mom’s smoothies which were filled with fruit, soy, protein powder, and whatever I could sneak into them to put the weight on! (pedisure did not exist then!)

Good luck to you and your adorable little girl!

| March 9, 2009 @ 8:21 pm

26. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said,

Good for Sadie!! (and Mom).

| March 9, 2009 @ 11:31 pm

27. Kyla said,

That is great news!

| March 10, 2009 @ 12:34 am

28. Catwoman said,

Don’t even get me started about Grey’s! And hurray for Sadie, and damn is she every gorgeous! I knew you said she was small, but I’m starting to realize it more now that Tiny Man is also 16 lbs…

But at least she’s on the curve now!

| March 10, 2009 @ 5:02 am

29. Cat said,

She’s like babyzilla now! Gorgeous :)

| March 11, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

She is the cutest little girl.

| March 20, 2009 @ 7:36 pm