Tonight: Idol

Oh American Idol, you succulent berry just waiting to burst your sweet, yet sometimes tart but always delicious juice on my tongue, I can’t wait to watch you tonight. Who will endure? Who will fall and who will make a total asshole of his or herself?

Paula: please for the love of all things holy and idoly, please start drinking or pill popping again. You used to be so amusing. I feel like you’re only a husk of your former sanity-challenged self. If you don’t get crazy again real fast I’m scared that Tatiana may get her own show. On the other hand, that may be just what the doctor ordered.

Expect a full break down tomorrow.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 18, 2009 1:53 amUncategorized10 comments

1. Kristen said,

I’m with you on Paula! And what is up with her hair tonight? She looks like she’s wearing some sort of helmet around the top. Like someone gave her a partial bowl cut rather than smooth layers. EEK!

| February 18, 2009 @ 2:13 am

2. WA said,

Oh, I’d like to leave a long comment…but I’M WATCHING “IDOL” LIVE RIGHT NOW. Living in Texas finally pays off. (And watch out for the lead-off singer–you might have an Olivia Newton-John flashback.)

| February 18, 2009 @ 2:13 am

3. Carebear said,

Geez, we really need more drama in our real lives when we’re this wrapped up in a televison show, huh?! I’m so with you on Paula. I miss the insanity! Did you ever watch her reality show, “Hey, Paula”? That was classic craziness right there!

| February 18, 2009 @ 3:32 am

4. Jenée said,

It’s not Paula who needs to step up the crazy, it’s Tatiana. I wanted Hollywood Week Tatiana to go deep in the competition because she amused the hell out of me but I have no need for her if she keeps it toned down like she did tonight.

Now I’m going to scratch my nails down a chalkboard to make up for that squeal of hers I didn’t get to hear tonight.

| February 18, 2009 @ 10:08 am

5. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Paula is clean and sober??? If I were the Idol producers I would require her to be blitzed 24/7 as part of her contract. (The opposite of whatever language movie lawyers might draft for a Lindsey Lohan.) Did she slip off to Promises undetected? Imagine going to rehab and PAULA ABDUL being in your group therapy sessions. That might make getting dry worth it.

| February 18, 2009 @ 1:27 pm

6. Becky aka StinkyLemsky said,

I was SO disappointed last night – I really expected more from several of the performers. I think season 1 had a better first night!

I’m lookign forward to hearing your take on things…

| February 18, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

7. SmartAssMom said,

Paula’s pupils did appear to be disappointingly un-dilated. Too bad, really.

| February 18, 2009 @ 4:28 pm

When you said ‘expect full breakdown tomorrow’, at first I thought you meant of Paula.

| February 18, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

9. Trenches of Mommyhood said,

Paula had the vacant drugged eyes going last night, didn’t she? Good times.

| February 18, 2009 @ 8:06 pm

10. mominsanity said,

I am totally an AI addict – I’ve been with this season since the very beginning and am so excited that it’s finally live!!!

| February 19, 2009 @ 12:39 am