I’m Going To BlogHer

So in answer to your question, yes, I am going to BlogHer and yes, I am speaking on the “How To Become a Supermodel After 40″ panel/discussion group…OR I’m speaking on the Blog to Book panel. Just let it be a surprise. Suprises are fun.

In other news, tonight is Bachelor night -unfortunately it’s the Ladies Speak Out episode. My least favorite. But maybe crazy Megan will talk about her pro-breast feeding fetus’ stance or Stephanie will charge the stage and present Jason with a crystal decanter full of her tears or possibly Nikki will come back and stare Jason down with her crazy eyes for the entire hour. That would be worth watching. I guess I’ll have to tune in because I owe it to all of you out there who don’t have TiVo. It’s not your fault. You just don’t have your priorities straight.

And be honest, how excited are you that I am going to watch AI tomorrow night and then recap it again!

I would tell you my thoughts on the Oscars but, really, I only saw like half of three of the movies on Netflix so I didn’t feel I deserved to have an opinion on anything but the bad idea of Hugh Jackman hosting. I don’t even really understand who he is. He’s not Hugh Grant but is he British? I’m so lost. But then, I’m still trying to find someone to sell me a qualude so that might be a tip off that I’m not on the cutting edge of entertainment.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 23, 2009 9:51 pmUncategorized21 comments

1. Backpacking Dad said,

What the hell is BlogHer? Sounds like a waste of a good weekend. You should go somewhere with lots of booze and people who want your autograph on their books.

| February 23, 2009 @ 10:16 pm

2. Danielle said,

Ohh, but isn’t it a little fun to watch the man squirm!? Just a little?

I can’t wait…

| February 23, 2009 @ 10:43 pm

3. Carebear said,

You friggin’ crack me up! I hope all of your imagined scenarios actually play out on Bachelor tonight! That would certainly make it worth watching!

| February 23, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

4. Mommy Melee said,

This further cements my desire to somehow get sponsored between now and Saturday.

| February 24, 2009 @ 12:09 am

5. Kyddryn said,

Hugh Jackman is my secret husband…shh…don’t tell. True, he only married me to get citizenship (because who wouldn’t rather be a citizen of this crazy nation than New Zealand, possibly the most beautiful place on Earth??), but the fringe benefits are worth it…especially when I talk him into dressing up as Wolverine and…er…never you mind….

I didn’t watch, either – I got caught up in a MASH marathon and had to watch in case there was on I hadn’t seen in the ninety-thousand reruns that have aired. There wasn’t. Thought you’d like to know.

Have fun at BlogHer. Whenever it is, I have to wax my left nostril or something.

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

| February 24, 2009 @ 12:35 am

6. gmcountrymama said,

Have fun at Blogher! Take a multivitamin with magnesium before you start to party. Wouldn’t want you to end up with a migraine again! Oh and the bill too.

| February 24, 2009 @ 12:39 am

7. Kyddryn said,

Aww, crap, he’s from Australia. I hope the INS isn’t reading this – I’d be so busted…

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K (no, really, we love each other!!)

| February 24, 2009 @ 12:42 am

8. CaraBee said,

Hugh Jackman is Wolverine! He’s very yummy. Just sayin’.

I’m going to Blogher. And lucky me, I’m already signed up for the Supermodel After 40 session.

| February 24, 2009 @ 2:33 am

9. sam {temptingmama} said,

I am totally hunting you down and humping your leg at BlogHer.

You’ve been warned!

| February 24, 2009 @ 2:38 am

10. Anna said,

BlogHer? Sounds kinky. Also, inexplicably, it makes me want to say. ‘BlogHer? Hell, I damn near killed her!’

| February 24, 2009 @ 3:38 am

11. Ms. Wobbly Bits said,

I’m going only to see you..and get away from my two kids and husband, maybe I will get to sleep through the night for once!

| February 24, 2009 @ 3:48 am

12. Count Mockula said,

Yay, I’m going to BlogHer, too!

Incidentally, I was at an Iranian cultural festival, and they really had little glass decanters they saved their tears in to give to their husbands when they returned after a journey. Seemed weird to me.

| February 24, 2009 @ 3:51 am

13. anymommy said,

Way too excited to meet you, but I promise to say hello in a cool and calm non-crazy-lady way.

| February 24, 2009 @ 4:02 am

14. Wicked Step Mom said,

I am so excited that you are going to Blogher! That is so awesome!

P.S. – Just imagine Hugh Jackman in yellow spandex and it makes the whole thing that much worse. (FYI – He plays Wolverine in the X-men movies. The original Wolverine wore yellow spandex.)

| February 24, 2009 @ 1:22 pm

15. Dana said,

Yay! Can’t wait to meet you at BlogHer! :)

| February 24, 2009 @ 2:20 pm

16. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said,

I hope you enjoy BlogHer!

| February 24, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

17. Aunt Becky said,

We’re going to get lit, you and I.

| February 24, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

18. heather... said,

DUDE. You were holding out on me. Now I have to actually get a conference pass and attend a session so I can “learn” from you. And you know how I feel about learning.

Are we flying together or what? You and Y are goddamn teases.

| February 26, 2009 @ 7:48 am

19. Mommy Melee said,

I can’t wait to nervously approach you!

| February 26, 2009 @ 11:46 pm

20. Undomestic Diva said,

Can’t wait to (hopefully) meet you at Blogher.

| February 28, 2009 @ 3:40 am

21. sweatpantsmom said,

Well, there’s where you lost out. Hugh Jackman is a big time qualude dealer.

| March 3, 2009 @ 9:05 pm