AI – I love you.

How great was American Idol last night? I LOVE the girl from Puerto Rico who knows she’s an international superstar. God how I hope she makes it into the top 12. I want to be her -just flouncing around in mermaid dresses and way too much blush, imagining that the whole world is pleased as punch to spend even five minutes being graced by my exceptional personality. Wouldn’t that be fun? Instead I’m constantly putting my foot in my mouth after saying something unintentionally inappropriate and then feeling guilty for a month. I WANT TO NOT CARE! Sort of like I don’t care about my personal grooming anymore. I want to throw my head back and let loose with a cackling insane laugh positive that the whole planet is on my side. I want to hand out my press kit with pictures of myself half nude and not see a thing wrong with it. Instead the extent of promoting myself is updating my Facebook status by announcing I had a delicious piece of salmon for lunch. Oh well.

So I want to turn you on to a new very funny blog Lulu and Moxley. It’s by a mom of twins but she mainly writes about pop culture with a nice acerbic bent. You’ll thank me later.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 5, 2009 6:56 pmUncategorized10 comments

1. WA said,

I’m still trying to figure out Norman Gentle. Can you explain THAT to me? He’s gotta be a close personal friend of Seacrest or something.

| February 5, 2009 @ 7:28 pm

2. Cheryl Lage said,

Hand to heaven I almost just updated my Facebook status about the succulent bologna sandwich I just ate. (although now that I typed the word “bologna” I realized I typed it to the rhythm of the Oscar Meyer song….better go update my status…) 😉

Good riddance, Bikini Girl….

Will go check out Lulu and Moxley…am a sucker for the twin blogs. (as if I didn’t get enough twin-dom in my own house…)

| February 5, 2009 @ 7:35 pm

3. MereCat said,

Ah to not care. I wish I had just a dropperful. Now I’m off to meet your friend!

| February 5, 2009 @ 8:04 pm

4. Mommy Melee said,

Thanks for the rec!

I hates me some bikini girl. When we she go away???

(I love Norman kind of.)

I wish they’d show some SINGING.

| February 5, 2009 @ 8:29 pm

5. Lisa said,

I sort of hate Facebook. What is up with the people updating multiple times a day?

| February 5, 2009 @ 10:05 pm

ooo thanks for the blog suggestion, she’s really good!!

| February 6, 2009 @ 12:23 am

7. LuLu and Moxley's Mom said,

Am I the only one who doesn’t watch Idol? Can we sometime have an online debate about Paula’s drug of choice? I think it’s a complex combination of opiates, anti-anxiety meds and booze. One particular addiction alone can’t do that to a person, can it?

Thanks for the link and anyone who checked out my site!

| February 6, 2009 @ 3:18 am

8. Wicked Step Mom said,

I suddenly have a great desire to shameless promote myself with half-nude photos and laugh manically.. Just to say that I have done it.

| February 6, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

9. Kia (Good Enough Mama) said,

I too LOVE AI and would love to not care about my hair, etc. Oh to have some of that easy confidence!

| February 9, 2009 @ 9:12 pm

10. Purva Brown said,

You’re right! I was wondering why I hated her and liked her all at the same time. I think you got it right this time!

| February 14, 2009 @ 4:16 am