Let’s Make This Fast

These babies; they’re not like Elby was when she was their age. I’m not sure I completely understood the concept of different babies have different personalities before I added two more to my brood. Somehow I just figured that babies are pretty much babies – with a few who will never go the fuck to sleep thrown in the mix. But Sadie and Mattie are different as night and day. Mattie is bossy, affectionate and a major attention ho while Sadie is mellow, passive but quietly crafty. If you turn your back on Sadie for too long you won’t hear her but you will eventually smell a funky odor coming from her bedroom only to find that she stuck some sticky substance (probably found in Elby’s room) on the lightbulb of her lamp, turned it on and there’s smoke rising from it. With Mattie, on the other hand, you don’t ever turn your back.

Both babies are off the bottle and Sadie (these past couple of days) has been drinking enough Pediasure through a straw to make me think she’s an actual baby and not an ant. I haven’t seen her weight in awhile though so I don’t want to be too excited.

God, why am I so bad at pasting pictures onto my damn blog? How hard could it be to move them around so they don’t look like I threw them against a wall and they landed this way due to gravity? I’m technologically…not gifted. Wait, I think I fixed it. Never mind. Let’s just forget that I even said that. Seriously. Let it go. I figured it out. LET IT GO.
Sorry, I’m a little edgy. Everyone in the house is feeling a bit better but I could use about four days straight of pure sleep.
I’m so tired.
Did I mention how tired I am?
How does anyone have twins and get anything else done in their life? I feel like I wrote my entire book in a blur. I read bits of it back and can’t remember writing it. I remember being halfway through and thinking there was no possible way I could write the rest with all that was going on. And yet, it’s done. Completely done, edited and coming out in hardcover in July. So, apparently, I did write. And drink. And write. I’d say and cry but thanks to Zoloft, not so much.
I will try to write something witty tomorrow. But if you want to hear me rant about The Bachelor you can click here.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 27, 2009 11:40 pmUncategorized16 comments

1. Petunia Face said,

How do you DO it? I mean aside from the drinking and the Zoloft and The Bachelor. I have ONE child, and yet I can’t seem to write a check. Granted, I’m unemployed, but it was a hackneyed metaphor. All I want to do is write a book and while I am not much for cocktails I do partake in Celexa and still–nothing.

*sigh*

Can’t wait to read the new book.

| January 28, 2009 @ 12:16 am

2. gmcountrymama said,

Sooo cute! I’m off to check out your other column. Lexapro helps me not cry, well at least not very much, rarely really.

| January 28, 2009 @ 12:43 am

3. adlibby said,

Ha! That’s funny stuff. Can’t wait to read your new book. Congrats!

| January 28, 2009 @ 12:53 am

4. Mommy Melee said,

They are adorable.

| January 28, 2009 @ 1:02 am

5. Jo said,

yay for finishing the book, yay for drinking through a straw and the tired thing? You don’t want to know how tired I am.

| January 28, 2009 @ 2:01 am

6. Kyla said,

Congrats on finishing the book!

| January 28, 2009 @ 4:05 am

7. Necey said,

different personalities. My (twin) girls are as different as night and freakin’ day! One is VERY needy (and it’s not the one you would think). One is SNEAKY as all get out (not the needy one). One is SUPER outgoing, the other one thinks NOBODY likes her. (sigh) They are as different in personality as they are in looks. And THAT is a HUGE difference!!!

| January 28, 2009 @ 4:44 am

8. LiteralDan said,

Hey, I’m the same way about posting pictures, so I get what you mean. The cuteness makes the struggle worthwhile, though.

My two kids are definitely very different, and since I know this will drive them in separate ways as they grow up, I’m just hoping they’ll find their way back together as friends after that.

Right now, when they have to be together all the time, they complement each other perfectly. Hopefully you’ll be so lucky once everybody’s up walking and talking.

(Tip in the meantime: Switch to CFL bulbs– they don’t get hot enough to melt crayons and such.)

| January 28, 2009 @ 5:16 am

9. Baby B said,

Yeah, my parents have always been pretty upfront about how HARD it was. One of us would cry, causing the other one to cry. One was hungry, one wasn’t but then would change her mind. One of us would throw up, leading to a night of double puke. Oh yeah, we as babies weren’t easy. Twin babies and twin toddlers may be double the fun, but quadruple the work. Of course, they always say we were worth it :].

| January 28, 2009 @ 5:34 am

10. Ms. Wobbly Bits said,

OMG You are my favorite person! You make me laugh with every post! Cant wait for the book!

| January 28, 2009 @ 5:36 am

11. MommaNecey said,

double the fun, quadruple the work…SOOO true! haha

| January 28, 2009 @ 6:40 am

12. Wicked Step Mom said,

It is amazing to see how different babies can be. Especially when you have two at once. Hang in there, and get some sleep now that the book is done!

| January 28, 2009 @ 1:17 pm

13. divamommy said,

Can’t wait to read the new book. I have two babies.. one who slept like a dream, and one who would never go the f*ck to sleep. I laughed out loud when you wrote that!

| January 28, 2009 @ 1:44 pm

14. Rachel Philippe said,

from a mommy of two on lexapro who’s also published a book (but BEFORE #1 was born) :
    thank you thank you thank you thank you for sharing what little of yourself you have to share. i’m so glad you have your humor to save your own life and to brighten ours. You GO! You are doing it, one day at a time, you are doing it. keep up the good work even if it doesn’t feel so good all the time. we’re all rooting for you. I am so proud of you about the book – and motherfuckin’ JEALOUS! I tried pitching my second book while #2 was in utero and couldn’t get a damn bite of interest. so discouraging. but then i was lead to your blog and inspired to pick my bruised ego up off the floor and start writing again. if you ever get a nanosecond, come visit me at: http://www.ohmygodimamom.blogspot.com
    in the meantime, again, I must say as I do with every comment: you are so motherfucking funny! :)

| January 28, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

15. Summer said,

I think we wrote almost the same post at the same time!

Hang in there. And thank god for antidepressants!

| January 28, 2009 @ 3:44 pm

16. Catwoman said,

I have no clue how you managed to write a book with twins. I can’t even manage writing on my blog, and I only had one baby at a time.

And I’m obsessed with the bachelor. Particularly love how much crying there is this season. And how crazy they all are.

| January 29, 2009 @ 3:22 am