Angie, Say it Isn’t So

I have a new post up at Make Mine a Double and I hope you’ll go have a glance. It’s another letter to Angelina Jolie. I’m becoming obsessed.

I will post a reasonable entry tomorrow but right now I’m dealing with two sick babies – puke everywhere – I’ve changed clothes five times today and that’s just to stay in the house.

My book is turned in.

Sadie is 15 pounds 5 oz. but she did puke a lot today so we’ll see if she loses.

Things are good.

I promise, more tomorrow.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 9, 2009 4:37 amUncategorized24 comments

1. Beth said,

Hilarious, as always! I hope Angie sees it! :)

Sorry that the kiddos are sick… happy to hear about Sadie’s weight gain, though!

| January 9, 2009 @ 5:22 am

2. Summer said,

Aren’t we all obsessed with her? 😉

Going to read it now…

| January 9, 2009 @ 6:07 am

3. Kristine said,

I feel your pain with the puking baby. I think we may be even with the clothes changing yesterday. Although how you are handling it with two is beyond me. One puking baby has me exhausted.

Hope all our babes feel better soon!

| January 9, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

4. WA said,

Loved it. And I so think you & Angie needs to have a throwdown. True, she has all of that Lara Croft training, but you're powered by no sleep and righteous indignation. You can take her.
    PS–I think the Duggar family reference officially makes you genius.

| January 9, 2009 @ 2:14 pm

5. metin said,

thnks

| January 9, 2009 @ 2:36 pm

6. Rabbadingy said,

I love your blog & articles on "Make Mine a Double" and this one was probably the best! I love the comment about Elby taking time to pick out an outfit. I cannot wait for your next book….

| January 9, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

7. Amanda said,

I am also dealing with a pukified baby. Oh winter, how I loathe you.

| January 9, 2009 @ 5:45 pm

8. mommi in demand said,

OMG you are so fucking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn girl, your humor is phenomenal. thank you so much for taking the time to share all of that killer funny talent while in the midst of mommy hell.

| January 9, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

9. gmcountrymama said,

I hope everyone feels better soon!

| January 10, 2009 @ 1:25 am

10. CP said,

You crack my shit up. I prefer you over Angie any day anyway.

Glad to hear the news re Sadie’s weight gain. Hope the puke fest is over by now!

| January 10, 2009 @ 3:35 am

11. Heather of the EO said,

sheesh, no more sickness! Get well people! Now I’m off to read your letter to Ang. Yes, I call her Ang since she’s like a sister to me. In my head.

| January 10, 2009 @ 7:41 pm

12. Cheryl Lage said,

Love the letter, love you. Hey…as twin mom to twin mom who’s endured the puke-fest? One word (for your usage): PURELL (or a knock-off). Life is double-plus ungood when you get it after they do.

Sadie may lose, but she’ll gain it back. I lost 5 pounds with the scourge, gained back 6. There you go.

Peace and Puke-free days ahead.

| January 11, 2009 @ 3:10 am

13. Marinka said,

I hope that your kids are feeling better and I can’t wait to read your book! (Please ask them to hurry!) Now I’m off to read your letter to Angie.

| January 11, 2009 @ 8:06 am

14. Threeundertwo said,

YEAH for the book being turned in! And yeah for 15 lbs – I hope she keeps it all on.

| January 11, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

15. Sally HP said,

I love your letters to the Ange-meister, but I know that we ALL know that it would be far more possible to have 14 kids if you had a nanny or two for each of them…

| January 12, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

16. RhoRho said,

re: Angie.
    My main beef with her is the anorexic thing. I’m suspecting that many of these Hollywood mommies’ pregnancies are faked and the entire time their personal assistants are carrying their babies, they are doing coke and starving themselves, just so they can WOW all of the normal women in the world, who actually have to hit the gym for TWO years before getting our waistline back, with their “post-baby” anorexic bodies. And the carrying two toddlers on your non-hips? What is that? I HAVE hips and I can barely carry one. Props go out to (albeit skinny) chicks like Gwyneth Paltrow that actually fess up and share their baby weight-loss secrets with we mortals. Isn’t that the least they can do?

| January 12, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

17. Lisa said,

We just had the stomach flu at my house two weeks ago. It was not fun. My baby threw up everywhere, along with the rest of us. It was awful. My seven year old took care of me when I was really sick, giving me words of wisdom like “Just take little sips” and “Don’t look at anything that looks like fudge”.

| January 12, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

Hi, We are people that understand the things your going through. Our daughter has been going through “failure to thrive” issues for well over a year. We just got her an endoscopy last Tuesday and haven’t gotten the results back to help with figuring out reasons for her weight issues. She had vomiting problems as a baby and then mostly flat lined on her growth chart at 9 months old. she was a solid 18.5 pounds… now she will be 2 on valentines day and she is 20.5 lbs. The Dr thinks its Celiac. Anyways, I understand a little about the things your going through. We hope the G tube really works for her and you see some more progress. :)

| January 13, 2009 @ 2:49 pm

19. alperen said,

thnks

| January 14, 2009 @ 11:44 am

20. Lisa said,

I left you a stupid award. Well, not really a “stupid” award but annoying nonetheless.

| January 14, 2009 @ 7:44 pm

21. Ms. Bar B: said,

LOL. Funny as always… and true!

| January 16, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

22. Surcie said,

Congratulations on getting the book done. I don’t know HOW you do it! I have one child and can barely get a grocery list written.

| January 17, 2009 @ 3:14 am

23. Cat said,

Congrats, and here’s hoping the last week has brought around a major improvement in the puke situation you had going on over there. (less puke, not better puke)

| January 21, 2009 @ 5:14 pm

24. Lil Mouse said,

missing reading your posts. hope everything’s alright. not sure if you have me linked or not, but here goes anyway..
    Please update your link if you have one to my new site. I got tired of doing two sites. I also need more hits to make sure I can continue blogging for spare bits of cash now and then, and I need the links for that, so…. if you please…

| January 21, 2009 @ 8:16 pm