Please Don’t Have a Heart Attack…

I’m am about to post some serious cuteness. But first, wasn’t my last post fun? God, that made me feel soo much less alone and from the comments a lot of other people too. Sometimes blogging is like being at camp where you get close cause you know you won’t see each other for a year so you can tell each other all your secrets and be bff’s. On a more serious note, people can also be there for you when you have a serious problem on your hands like, um, G-TUBES.

I had my appointment yesterday and I was all steeled to tell the surgeon that I wanted to try a different route etc. but I was shot down pretty quickly. Doctors are a rare breed. They can make you feel about eight-years-old with a look. And they all wear glasses. Have they not heard that contacts have been around for awhile? Is there something dangerous about contacts that we civilians have heard of yet but is only available on special password protected “Doctor Blogs”? I don’t know but it’s intimidating and when a doctor tells you that you are doing your child a disservice by not doing a procedure that they recommend, if you argue you feel like the world’s worst mom. Of course that doesn’t stop me from arguing or “playing Devil’s advocate” as I prefer to call it. But in the end, he won. and she will have the surgery. I will go into the details on my weekly http://www.mommytrackd.com/ column because I am too tired to do it here. But I love how many of you came to my side to tell me that whatever decision I make it the right one. .

I cried like more than a thirteen-year-old watching Titanic all the way home but I knew I had to do the surgery. There really isn’t enough of a downside.

But instead of making myself more self reflective, I thought I’d show you some of the cuter pictures ever taken of my girls.

Okay this is Fattie Mattie having a bath and putting an axe through my head with all her ridiculous cuteness.

And this is Sadie saying “yeah, I’m small, bitches, but I’m happy as hell so don’t ya just want to love me?”
These babies better know that modeling is in their near future because mom and dad can’t afford their freaking medical bills. That’s for damn sure.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on November 26, 2008 3:38 amUncategorized40 comments

1. Backpacking Dad said,

They win at damn.

| November 26, 2008 @ 4:35 am

2. Cheryl Lage said,

Can I just tell you that seeing twins in a double sink warmed my memory cockles? Some of my fave pictures of our twosome were in the bubbly containment of the double sink.

Just wait. Soon li’l Sadie will not fit ‘cuz she’ll have her chub on.

All will be well. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pulling for you all.

All will be well.

| November 26, 2008 @ 4:41 am

3. Jenny said,

GORGEOUS!! Those girls are just precious. :)

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:19 am

4. Rachel said,

OH my GOSH! So so cute. Those pictures make me want to go wake up my daughter and put her in the sink for a photo shoot. But then I remember that I just spent 2 effing hours putting her to bed. You should enter them in thecutekid.com photo contest. The 2008 winner of gets to be the new face of Carters.

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:27 am

5. Rachael said,

Oh my gosh, they are just SO completely adorable!

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:39 am

6. Rebecca said,

gotta love those sink baths!

all the best with the G-stuff.

i admire all the stuff you have done with your girls.

i have just one of my little guys. we’re just about to hit the anniversary of their birth. my other little guy was stillborn. some days i’m fine with it. others i have twin envy.

| November 26, 2008 @ 7:09 am

7. CaraBee said,

I hear you on the doctors. I go into every appointment with my daughter’s pediatrician with a whole list of things to talk with her about. Every time I walk out having asked nothing because I get so intimidated. I hate it.

| November 26, 2008 @ 12:07 pm

8. Piccinigirl said,

OMG, those girls are BEAUTIFUL, the level of cuteness is so sweet it’s giving me a tooth ache!!!!

We’re all here for you, everything will be well. Promise. You’re a good mom.

| November 26, 2008 @ 1:01 pm

9. All Things BD said,

So, so cute.

| November 26, 2008 @ 1:12 pm

10. Sue said,

So several months ago, one of my cats needed a G-tube. I fought it and fought it. Once I finally gave in, I wanted a G-tube for everyone in my family. Don’t like what I made for dinner? TOO BAD! Seriously, it ends up being a huge weight off your mind since you can control what goes in and you don’t have to fight about it.

I’ve been vacillating about whether to mention this perspective because A. I realize your daughter is not a cat, and surgery is much more serious on your infant child than a pet and B. I’m kind of a ridiculous cat lady to have gotten to the point of putting a G-tube in a cat (It was temporary. he had pancreatitis).

I hear you on the intimidation, too. I’m ok with doctors, but dentists scare the bejeezus out of me. I’ve started making my husband take the kids. The combination of judgement (why do they have cavities!) and expense is too much for me.

| November 26, 2008 @ 2:16 pm

11. April said,

so cute. i think i just burned my retinas they are SO CUTE. did i say they’re so cute yet? OMG.

| November 26, 2008 @ 3:31 pm

12. Immoral Matriarch said,

*clutches chest*
    ACK!
    The cuteness!

*dead*

| November 26, 2008 @ 4:47 pm

13. goodfather said,

Yowza! My cuteometer just redlined!

| November 26, 2008 @ 4:57 pm

14. andij1967 said,

Seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen… I want to put that 2nd pic up as my wallpaper, it’s so freaking adorable!!

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:02 pm

15. Anna Marie said,

Omigod I just died from the cuteness.

If you have any questions or anything you’d like to talk about concerning the g-tube you can email me – I’ve been a g-tube mom for more than 3 years and seriously? There are times I find myself thinking how CONVENIENT it would be if my daughter had one too! Everybody gets plugged in for dinner!

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:37 pm

16. How to Party with an Infant said,

OMG those pictures are so cute and I usually never think other people’s babies are cute. I mean, I do, but I don’t make a fuss over ’em, but they’re so sweet!

| November 26, 2008 @ 5:50 pm

17. MereCat said,

Those are some really, seriously beautiful babies. They are sooooo delicious. And I had that sink until a tree fell on it. Loved those deep bowls for baby bathing.

| November 26, 2008 @ 7:02 pm

18. Linda said,

Seriously,they hurt my teeth. They are so freakin’ beautiful, I’m surprised that you don’t have offers already for modeling!!!
    Sadie will be fine! Hey-maybe she already has it in her little noggin that she wants to be model thin.You know the camera adds at least 10 lbs!!

| November 26, 2008 @ 8:29 pm

19. J-momma said,

oh my gosh, what beautiful eyes they both have! just gorgeous.

| November 26, 2008 @ 10:23 pm

20. RhoRho said,

Looks like both are happy lil chicks. And mama’s got a killer tan!

| November 27, 2008 @ 4:44 am

21. heather... said,

I sure hope someone bought the twins a bathtub for their birthday.

| November 27, 2008 @ 5:10 am

22. Threeundertwo said,

Ack! An ovary just twisted at those pictures!!!

Love you, love your babies. Have a freakin awesome Thanksgiving.

| November 27, 2008 @ 5:32 pm

23. andreaaskowitz.com said,

Your girls are so beautiful. Wow.

I totally feel for you with the doctors. I was asking our OB questions the other day, and he smiled and said he felt like he was being grilled in a Congressional hearing. I wanted to sock him in the gut. Just answer the questions, Buster. I realize now that when he said that, I felt about 8 years old.

On the other hand, when you need them, you need them. I think you’re doing a great job, Mama!

| November 28, 2008 @ 3:42 pm

24. Eileen said,

Clearly they have been watching and taking tips from America’s Next Top Model because they are both working their expressions and also showing off the accessory (the cup in this example). Beyond Cute.

| November 28, 2008 @ 6:25 pm

25. sweatpantsmom said,

Oh, the cuteness. Definitely modeling in their future.

| November 28, 2008 @ 10:30 pm

26. Catwoman said,

Holy freaking crap. Your girls are so gorgeous… You could post pics of them every day, and I’d be content.

| November 29, 2008 @ 2:05 am

27. Kim said,

Your daughters are overwhelmingly gorgeous!

| November 29, 2008 @ 3:15 am

28. Cherise said,

I’d comment on the cuteness and say something supportive, but you’ve gotten a lot of that already. So I’ll just say BRAVO for showing how life really is: a baby bathing on one side of the sink, and dirty dishes on the other. That is real life and I applaud it!!!!!

| November 29, 2008 @ 7:36 am

29. Lisa said,

So freaking cute!! I love the sink bath pictures!!

| November 29, 2008 @ 8:03 pm

30. Pat Montgomery said,

Yes, they are too cute!! Best of luck with everything.

| November 30, 2008 @ 6:10 pm

31. Carolyn...Online said,

Painfully cuteolicious. I’m wondering why the water is green… But it doesn’t distract from the cute.

| December 1, 2008 @ 4:24 pm

32. Lisa said,

Adorable! I bathe my baby in the kitchen sink on occasion too. She loves it and now walks to the sink, gestures and say, “Ba”. Which is baby for bath. Unfortunately she also enjoys playing in the toilet, given half a chance.

| December 1, 2008 @ 4:57 pm

33. Lady Nunn said,

Beautiful photos. :) I found you through a search for ‘preemies’ on the blogher network, and have done some reading. I wondered if you’d be interested in my project to give holiday gifts to parents who have preemies in the nicu over the holidays. i’ve started a blog for it at preemiepresents.blogspot.com to stop spamming my own family blog with it. Good luck in all you do, and peace. Sara Nunn

| December 1, 2008 @ 7:03 pm

34. courtney said,

They’re so cute! And yes, whatever you do, you’re doing what you feel is best for your daughter and that’s okay.

| December 4, 2008 @ 3:03 am

35. Wicked Step Mom said,

Small or not, she is still so cute! Good luck!

| December 4, 2008 @ 9:04 pm

36. isimsiz said,

gotta love those sink baths!

all the best with the G-stuff.

| December 4, 2008 @ 11:30 pm

37. sesi said,

babay very good

| December 12, 2008 @ 12:02 am

38. Christine said,

Holy shit. They are beyond cute. Your retirement is secure!

| December 20, 2008 @ 6:23 am