Weighty Matters

I realize this has become the obsess about Sadie’s weight blog. But I will say that it’s refreshing to obsess about someone else’s weight for a change. Today is the day I will find out if Sadie gained weight in the past two weeks and if so, if it’s enough weight to warrant any optimism that she won’t be the World’s Smallest Human when she grows up. Obviously if she is the World’s Smallest Human I will exploit her and turn her into a money making circus act. And not that ghetto Ringling Brother’s but Circe Du Soleil – in VEGAS dammit.

Even with all the support I get from you readers out there in bloggyland, it is sometimes a pretty lonely feeling to feel nothing but worry about your child with an issue you cannot control. And every once in awhile, you find a kindred spirit who is going through something painfully similar and it’s like a little weight has been lifted (or added in this context). Heather came along as a commenter on my blog and soon we began to email back and forth where we discovered we both had babies the same size who weren’t growing. Now Heather’s story is much more dramatic than mine, and my heart immediately went out to her when I read her story in depth on her blog. And truth be told, I can’t believe that out of the two of us, I’m the one snorting Zoloft, topping it off with a Xanax and washing it all down with a Red Hook Ale while she’s back at work!

She is either a very strong woman or it all hasn’t quite hit her yet. You’ll decide. But in any case, I got to meet Heather in person this weekend and she’s ridiculously cool, her baby is ridiculously small like Sadie (and like Sadie, the docs can’t quite figure out why) and we are in a mad competition to see who can fatten their baby up the fastest – but willing to cry on each other’s shoulders if there are setbacks – because that’s how true girlfriends kick it. So go check out her blog (which bonus, is funny!), then check back here around 5 or so PST for my lastest weight update.
Think good thoughts for both of us!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 12, 2008 7:12 pmUncategorized10 comments

1. RubiaLala said,

Keep us posted. I know you will, but I really want to know how much she’s gained!

| May 12, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

2. Aunt Becky said,

*hugs*

Grow, Sadie, GROW!

And if you want some extra lbs, my ass could spare a few.

| May 13, 2008 @ 12:33 am

3. Bec said,

Good luck with the weigh.

If it helps you become a little blasé after a while and it doesn’t effect you so much. Of course on the other hand some days you get really desperate and try to figure out the calorie content in things like dirt and dust bunnies.

| May 13, 2008 @ 1:00 am

4. MereCat said,

I want to hear about Sadie’s appointment. How did it go?

| May 13, 2008 @ 2:07 am

5. Rachael said,

Keep us posted about Sadie.. we are all rooting for her! The internet can be such a reat resource for things like this, and I’m really glad you have found some support – I’m going to check out Heather’s blog now!

| May 13, 2008 @ 6:39 am

6. billandjill.com said,

Sadie,

May you grow out of your mother’s worry, literally. At least on this one point.

May your mother’s biggest worry one day be that you keep eating all the Steak-Ums from the freezer, and not because you didn’t clean up the pan, utensils, and shucked Steak-Um wrappers, but because Steak-Ums are expensive, and why did you you try to make them first in your Presto-Burger? Put your Presto-Burger away, son.

I mean, Sadie.

| May 13, 2008 @ 11:53 am

7. Gemini Girl said,

I’m here via Heather (my twin girls were born in november 10 weeks premature).
    Hoping Sadie put on weight yesterday! Let us know!

| May 13, 2008 @ 2:01 pm

8. Jen B said,

Am I the only one who has refreshed your blog numerous times today to find out about how the weigh in went??

| May 13, 2008 @ 8:34 pm

9. Ramblin' Red said,

So glad you found a person who understands…that is so important!

Hope that sufficient weight (and more) is gained!

| May 13, 2008 @ 10:37 pm

10. Count Mockula said,

Wow, it is amazing to find people going through the same thing. I wrote a tear-and-snot-soaked post yesterday about my Zadie and her weight issues. Suebob directed me over here… Thank for being awesome.

| June 12, 2008 @ 11:25 pm