The Results Are In

Sadie is 9 lbs. 12 ounces. She gained 9 oz according to me but 8 oz according to the doctor who deals with grams. What’s with the metric system? I’m so not down with it. If it worked so well, why is it taking like 25 years to catch on? Back in grade school when I was wearing Dittos jeans, the metric system was supposed to spread like a bad STD, and it still hasn’t quite done it. Anyway…I digress. Blame the wine. Dr. GI guy is pleased with her weight gain and doesn’t even think she needs an OT anymore (not that she ever really had more than one visit). I hope she keeps drinking formula –oh, today I started her on solids and she ate cereal like a champ. Can’t wait to do it again tomorrow. Sure, having a JOB would be awesome too but I’ll take my “being in charge of getting solids into my child” for now.

Hope you liked Heather’s blog as much as I do.

Here are some topics you can look forward to in the next couple of days: Breast Feeding -and how I loathe the pressure and torment, and other people’s blogs that have twins and act like it’s a fucking breeze. I have a bone to pick with you. You don’t know who you are, but I do.

Sorry, I guess I get testy after 8 at night.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 14, 2008 3:37 amUncategorized19 comments

1. Backpacking Dad said,

:}

Next stop, medium-rare porterhouse…..mmmm….

And the breast-feeding pressure-nazis make me want to punch a woman.

| May 14, 2008 @ 4:00 am

2. giggleblue said,

ah, i’m happy to see the young one is on solids!

i’m totally gigged for you! don’t stress about the breast feeding stuff…

| May 14, 2008 @ 4:16 am

3. Heather said,

I’m glad she liked the cereal. At the next weigh in, Sadie is sure to pass Maddie.

| May 14, 2008 @ 4:18 am

4. Carey said,

Glad to hear she’s gaining weight!! I hate breastfeeding… it’s so flippin’ hard & hurts like a biatch!! And takes too much time… time I don’t have with our trio. I’ve just gone to pumping and giving them breastmilk in a bottle. It seems to be working for us right now. Crap… I hope you don’t think I’m one of ‘those’ twin moms!! LOL It’s not a breeze in our house…

| May 14, 2008 @ 5:09 am

5. MereCat said,

It’s so not a fucking breeze. It’s even less of a fucking breeze with an older child. Glad Sadie is doing better. We’ve all been cheering for you.

| May 14, 2008 @ 11:46 am

6. heidi said,

WHO are these FBTMs? (f-ing breeze twin moms) I’d love to try whatever rx they’re taking!

| May 14, 2008 @ 12:20 pm

7. Cheryl Lage said,

Suck it back, Sadie! Keep that weight gain goin’!

Ooooh Lawsy, Stef—how I hope I don’t fall under your BTM who declare it “a breeze”! 3 bouts of mastitis and two surgeries to drain the absessed ducts (delish)…I’d NEVER say it was easy! (The pressure police tick me off!)

Your babies are ACES. You are ACES. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel otherwise for making wise decisions (that are YOUR decisions to make) for your own family.

Peace and plenty of pounds —

| May 14, 2008 @ 1:13 pm

8. iheartchocolate said,

I had a huge, thoughtful comment..but I lost it. I hate those word verification things.

So glad she is gaining!

I said something about nursing, but can’t remember what it was. ha

| May 14, 2008 @ 1:16 pm

9. Julie said,

Ohboyohboyohboy — I can’t wait to give up on breastfeeding this time around. The only promise I’ve made myself about feeding this upcoming kid is that I will not make myself cry about it, no matter what.

Baby steps.

Now please rant that I may bask in warming rays of simpatico…ness.

| May 14, 2008 @ 1:33 pm

10. Danielle said,

Hi! Not sure if I have commented here yet, but I first visited after reading your hysterical book.

Blogged about it here: http://www.captainporkchops.com/2008/04/naptime-is-new-happy-hour.html

Glad Sadie is getting bigger! Yay you! Yay her!

Heather’s blog is also hilarious! Thanks for sharing her!

Oh, and my unsolicited opinion is that breastfeeding sucks…

| May 14, 2008 @ 1:53 pm

11. Aunt Becky said,

Breastfeeding is terrible, and the people who brag about it should be shot. I’d be happy to take care of this for us all.

I guess I get a little testy after 8 AM.

| May 14, 2008 @ 3:55 pm

12. Kimber said,

Yay! Go Sadie! Can’t wait for the bone picking to begin!

| May 14, 2008 @ 6:25 pm

13. Tuesday Girl said,

I have 5 year old twins and it is not a breeze, and should never be implied as such.
    Down with easy twin blogs!!

| May 14, 2008 @ 7:16 pm

14. mommymae said,

what works for one, may not work for another. i couldn’t have imagined bottle feeding twins and breast feeding was better for me. others feel the opposite. i don’t, however, go around preaching about how everyone must do it or they are satan. the same goes for the way we all handle our parenting duties. some find it easy and others don’t whether you have 1, 2 or more kids. twins was easy for me until they were about 4. now that they are 6 it’s starting to even out a bit. those were a couple of sketchy years though around here.

| May 14, 2008 @ 7:40 pm

15. Jill said,

Hi Stefanie,

I’ve been reading your blog for awhile and I’m going to pick up your books the next time I am reasonably certain that my baby will behave in the bookstore :)

Anywho, about the breastfeeding and all the pressure… I only have one baby, so I can’t comment on how difficult it is to breastfeed 2, but it’s pretty dang hard to breastfeed 1! Nobody ever tells new moms how bad breastfeeding sucks. But there’s all the pressure out there to do it. I breastfed through a post-op bowel obstruction because of the pressure, and the couple times I gave my baby formula, people looked at me like I may as well have been feeding her bleach!

Hang in there, you’re doing amazing… don’t let anyone tell you different!

| May 14, 2008 @ 11:33 pm

16. Lisa said,

THANK YOU for commenting about the pressure we had to learn the metric system in school. My teachers used to do the same thing! I was telling my students this during the metric lesson. It happened to be parent visitation and when I asked the parents if their teachers gave them the same story, they acted like I was making up stories about alien invastions…

WTG Sadie!!

Also, bought Jen Singer’s book with yours. Thanks for the recommendation, both are awesome!

| May 14, 2008 @ 11:41 pm

17. Michell said,

Been lurking for awhile. Love your spot, glad things are turning around with Sadie. Had those Dittoes in every color. Wish I still had them, even though they would never ever fit again! I breastfed, no big deal, each to his own. All I got 18 years ago was pressure to quit. You know how your boobs are supposed to go away after you are done? Mine grew two sizes! And they were not small to begin with. Never could figure that out.

| May 15, 2008 @ 2:35 am

18. Blondie said,

Nothing like a little healthy competition to get a female going! Heather’s Maddie looks alright, but Sadie is my girl. She’s gonna start hiding candy bars under her pillow and stuff, just to get an extra edge on the next weigh-in!

| May 15, 2008 @ 4:20 am

How can you not understand the metric system?! It makes more sense than the English system ever will. It’s no wonder the rest of the world and the scientific community use it.

| May 15, 2008 @ 7:01 am