Celebrate Me Home

Today was the eightieth time I’ve carted a kid into the pediatrician this year. If I had stock in pediatrics, I’d be a rich woman. Or at least not a poor one. Matilda was acting possessed last night and the colic is long gone so I figured her for an ear infection: part deux. Turns out, she’d just been cranky – ears were completely clear. He he. Sometimes my instincts are in overdrive. Naturally, she was smiling up a storm in the doctor’s office furthur making me look like an asshole. But, it was kind of nice to have an appointment and find out that my child is completely fine! Sure, all these visits are eating away at the girls’ college educations but at least I leave with free formula. So there’s that.

Small Sadie update: at the risk of jinxing it, Sadie’s been eating more and more so next Wednesday I’ll be paying 135 bucks to find out if she’s gained weight. Obviously, I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for all your comments and concern for her. She’s starting to look slightly more lively. But she’s still teeny tiny.

I’m jealous of breast feeders if for no other reason than the amazing money saver that is mammary glands. It’s really an underrated benefit of breast feeding. My bank account really really wishes breast feeding had worked out for me. But enough about boobs and babies – I wouldn’t want to be pegged as a strictly mommy blogger, right? How about American Idol! I only wish I could get behind one of these contestants. Seeing as how I can’t leave the house for under 100 bucks in babysitting fees, I feel that American Idol owes me a more compelling season. David Archuleta is going to be the Shawn Cassidy of my day and nothing wrong with that but, I’m not thirteen so I don’t really give a shit. David Cook is a wannabe rocker and most of his songs have been barely tolerable -with the exception of Neil Diamond week where I almost became a fan but then came to my senses the following week. I believe Syesha’s higher notes have been the cause for my babies’ ear infections and Jason Castro is…well…in major need of creme rinse (remember when we all called conditioner creme rinse? What happened? When did it stop being creme rinse? And what happened to mousse?) and he’s kicked off. Of course, I will still be watching the finale – because I have no alternative. I’m celebrating myself home every night.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 7, 2008 10:31 pmUncategorized16 comments

1. iheartchocolate said,

Glad the babies are well. If I were close, I’d babysit for ya.

(eventually, the drive may be worth a date night!)

I started out liking Archuleta, but he is the same sounding every week. I liked Castro a bit, because he was different. I never thought he’d sell millions of cds, but you know, he was different. Syesha is responsible for my head explosions every Tueday night at about 8:20pm. So, the only one left at this point is David Cook. I like him enough to be glad he wins.

| May 8, 2008 @ 7:13 pm

2. Mom24 said,

Glad they’re doing well. I formula fed my first 2, and breastfed the last 2. I didn’t do it for the money, but wow is it cheaper!

I remember cream rinse, but I think you’re dating us! Actually I thought there was a difference in the two. Cream rinse being thinner, and basically a detangler, conditioner being thick, gloppy stuff, to make your hair not look so frizzy. I have no idea if that’s right or not though.

| May 8, 2008 @ 7:55 pm

3. Kyddryn said,

It may mean I am less decent than I’d like to be, but I think I watch AI just so I can be horribly catty. I make Simon look like a pussy cat. Sigh. One day, I will evolve.

Meanwhile, I will be thinking happy chubby baby thoughts for you and Little Lady Sadie.

And college? Overrated. They can get an online degree any time, right??

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

| May 8, 2008 @ 8:18 pm

4. Diana said,

Well, you could come over to the dark side and watch Survivor with me. But nooooooooooooooooo, you have to be a join and watch AI. Practically no one is watching Survivor these days so it’s retro cool.

(Kizz)

| May 8, 2008 @ 8:47 pm

5. Diana said,

Uh, duh, typo….

that’s “joiner”

but you get the idea.

| May 8, 2008 @ 8:49 pm

6. Heather said,

It is soooo on, Mads has her weigh-in on Monday. Who will be the featherweight champion of the six-month set?

| May 8, 2008 @ 10:19 pm

7. Ms Picket To You said,

i tivo AI so for my “kids” but really its so I can watch during the day alone without the chance of anyway seeing the flickering blue stage thru my windows.

Oh, the shame!

| May 8, 2008 @ 10:24 pm

8. andi said,

Hooray for increasingly plump babies!

And don’t worry, everyone’s children make them look like assholes when they are at the doctor. I think it’s in their job description.

Sorry I have nothing to add to the American Idol discussion – I know nothing of reality TV.

| May 8, 2008 @ 10:25 pm

9. Aunt Becky said,

I like fat babies. Hell, I like anyone who makes me look skinny. Shut up.

And yeah. Since my husband Michael Johns (I call him ‘Michael’ for short) is gone, I don’t give the slightest shit who wins. David A. makes my beaver hurt, tho, truth be told.

Can I say ‘beaver’ on your blog?

| May 8, 2008 @ 10:58 pm

10. heidi said,

c’mon stef… vote for david cook. He’s funny lookin’, but his version of Billy Jean gave me goose bumps.

| May 9, 2008 @ 12:00 am

11. Lynsey said,

I was the mom who wanted to dash to the hospital at a hiccup. :) It happens.

| May 9, 2008 @ 5:10 am

12. MereCat said,

Sounds like you have turned a corner with Sadie. Having sick kids is so stressful, no matter whether it’s ear infections or slow eating.

American Idol. I love it and am not ashamed to say it. I was a Michael Johns fan too, but he wasn’t the best singer, just a panty hose melter. I squealed when Jason Castro said his friends told him that he “shot the tambourine man.” He sure did.

Also, I put together a care package for my pregnant cousin who I am seeing this weekend, and in it are my essentials such as Tylenol, Motrin, Aquaphor, etc., and “Sippy Cups.” Yeah, it’s that essential.

| May 9, 2008 @ 1:02 pm

13. Christine said,

I’ve wondered about mousse, too. I’ve embarrased myself by using the term. Not unlike when I say, “car phone” instead of, “cell phone.”

| May 9, 2008 @ 4:30 pm

14. Catwoman said,

Hurray for healthy babies and free formula.

Yeah, every time I bought formula, I thought to myself “20 cans, and I could get a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes…”

But I guess they’ve got to eat something, right?

And David Archuleta makes my ears bleed. Can’t stand him.

| May 9, 2008 @ 7:20 pm

15. giggleblue said,

i’m happy to see that everyone is doing well, especially my girl sadie!

and i don’t watch the idol, so no comments there, sorry. i actually feel a bit left out. can you blog about law and order.

*are you backdating the posts?? cause i was trying to check on thing 1 and 2 yesterday, and this wasn’t there… i’m just saying. okay, i’m going now.

| May 9, 2008 @ 8:24 pm

16. RhoRho said,

Most of all, happy the bebes are eating and well.

I know, creme rinse, right? Ahhh, the 70s…

I liked the Aussie dude the time I saw him, he’s hot. But I really don’t know shit; only seen it 3 times this season. Is dreads still on?

| May 10, 2008 @ 1:58 am