Where’s Doctor House?

I need doctor House or at the very least, some of his Vicidon. Sadie’s biopsy results came back negative for yeast. This was after I was assured that Dr. G felt extremely confident that this is what she has. He’s still waiting for the esophogus brushings to come back, “which is a much better test.” Whatever. I’m not holding my breath. Sadie’s not eating a whole lot better, I’m sad to say. On the other hand, she’s not fighting the bottle like it contains molton lava either – more like she can detect a whiff of onions and finds it rather unpleasant. So that’s sort of an improvement. And I’ll gladly take sort of an improvement at this point. But, color me paranoid, I really hope she’s not all of 8 pounds 12 oz when she’s 2. Maybe I should switch her formula from Good Starts Lite to the regular. But that seems drastic.

At some point life will get fun again right? Right? ANSWER ME! Someday the highlight of my week won’t be the finale of Rock of Love, right? Anyone? Well, even if Sadie does fine, there’s every indication that Rock of Love will still be right up there on my Most Important Things To Do list.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 19, 2008 6:49 pmUncategorized20 comments

1. Alysia said,

Have you had her tested for celiac? I’m really sorry that you are going through this. And for you poor little one who doesn’t have the ability to tell you what’s wrong! I really hope you can figure it out. Hugs.

| April 19, 2008 @ 7:46 pm

2. Becky said,

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Dude, Stef, I’m sorry. Shit.

Shit.

| April 19, 2008 @ 8:07 pm

3. Surfer Jay said,

Sometimes it’s good to yell to… well to just yell. I can offer you my favorite quote from a book I read this year.

CS Lewis On Grief – In the introduction by: Lesley Walmsley

Grief can be described as a deep sorrow or distress. There is a great hurt in grief, generally a feeling that no one else really understands, that no one else has ever suffered in quite this way or to quite this extent.

| April 19, 2008 @ 10:32 pm

4. Kathy said,

I don’t know if you watch the desperate housewives of NYC…by someday MAYBE you can go to the Opera and network with other friends to raise your social staus in the community.

Doesn’t THAT sound like more fun!?!

Or you can do what I do and watch grown women embarass themselves on tv while THEY network.

Our prayers are with your baby…don’t worry, things will work themselves out!!

| April 19, 2008 @ 11:57 pm

5. Backpacking Dad said,

Double-you. Tee. Eff. Question mark.

“Knock knock.”

Who’s there?

“The universe.”

The universe who?

“The universe who isn’t done screwing with you yet.”

That’s not funny. Go away.

| April 20, 2008 @ 12:10 am

6. Kat said,

Damn, this sucks. My heart physically sank when I read this post. Hopefully this next test WILL provide the answer and we can get Slim Sadie beefed up. I’m thinking about ya, girl!

| April 20, 2008 @ 12:18 am

7. carrie said,

Oh no – I just left a congratulations you figured it out comment on the other post – please forgive.

Crossing my fingers that whatever it is, you’ll get answers SOON!

| April 20, 2008 @ 1:01 am

8. MereCat said,

I was so sure you had found your answer!!
    AAAAUUUgghhhhhhhh!!!!
    You are going to figure this out and you are going to get through it. AND IT WILL BE FUN! This is not supposed to be this way for you.

| April 20, 2008 @ 2:20 am

9. SUEB0B said,

You’re amazing. I would have had a full-on nervous breakdown by now.

| April 20, 2008 @ 2:59 am

10. Whit said,

I’ve been told that I look like House, if that helps.

Messing around with formula did wonders for both of our boys.

Life will be fun when Rock of Love comes out on DVD.

| April 20, 2008 @ 5:59 pm

god-I frigin am totally bummed for you. I bet you are craving a night where you can just put them to sleep and have a couple of glasses of wine-or a couple of bottles-and not have to worry about how the night and next day will go. I’m so sorry. I will wish for you that this gets solved asap!!

| April 20, 2008 @ 6:29 pm

12. Rhonda said,

That sounds good! Mildly disdainful of the bottle and some gain seems promising! Maybe her infection is clearly up and she’s getting used to the idea that food doesn’t have to hurt!

| April 20, 2008 @ 8:03 pm

13. iheartchocolate said,

I hate that you are going through this. They will figure it out, just as House would. AND one day, some desperate parent is going to potition the internet for help and understanding and YOU are going to be able to comfort her because of this experience. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. One day, you’ll look back and this will be all better.

For now, hang in there! I hope the next test shows something easily fixed for Sadie.

| April 20, 2008 @ 8:29 pm

14. Heza Hekele said,

I’m not a doctor, but I’m going to throw some random Mommy advice out there:

Try switching her to soy formula for ONE WEEK. If she has a food allergy or a sensitivity to milk, it’ll clear up immediately. If not, well, then she’ll of had soy for a week.

I know, it’s like grasping for straws, but it certainly doesn’t hurt anything.

Sorry to hear your paying big bucks for doctor fucksitup. Sending happy thoughts your way!

| April 20, 2008 @ 10:52 pm

15. RhoRho said,

Dammit. So sorry it wasn’t the answer;was just telling my husband about the weird yeast thing. So ARE these drs suggesting other formulas or what?
    Glad to know you’re a rock o love fan too. I vowed to quit posting about it. Glad it’s over so i can quit obsessing. I hope he and Amber have babies tho, but doubting it.

| April 21, 2008 @ 2:29 am

16. andi said,

Ugh. It sounded like a sure thing. I’m so sorry you still don’t have the answers. And yes, life will be fun again someday. It just has to be. :)

| April 21, 2008 @ 2:37 am

17. Ramblin' Red said,

New reader…

Read the last few posts to be able to say, “I’m sorry.”

My son had “failure to thrive” on his charts for awhile at about 9 mos…but it wasn’t b/c he wouldn’t eat, it was because my mammaries went defective. They still produced just plenty, but they went from whole to skim likethat. Seeing my baby lose weight inspired all sorts of mommy guilt.

(hugs) hope you guys can figure it out soon!

| April 21, 2008 @ 2:49 am

18. Kimber said,

Oh, this is not what I was expecting at all. (after enduring thrush 3 effing times) The poor poopsie. (Meaning you) and oooh, that sweet Sadie. Am so hoping that they (the medical community) get their acts together and find out what the eff is going on. My 2nd baby was also labelled as FTT and I was like F-THAT. (Sorry, am in sweary mood tonight.) He’s now 5’8″ and only 12 years old, so take that DOCTERZ. I will keep you and Sweet Sadie in my thoughts, because if anyone needs it, it’s you two.
    P.S. You Rock.

| April 22, 2008 @ 3:10 am

19. gfcfmom said,

My son was wasting away and never tested positive for anything. Turns out both my kids have two genes for celiac. Try dietary intervention. Look for a GFCF formula that doesn’t have soy and don’t look back. See my blog for more info.

| May 11, 2008 @ 3:05 am

20. iheartchocolate said,

I often wonder why there are no doctors around like the big H. Sorry the news wasn’t what you expected. I hope the other results give more insight.

| January 28, 2009 @ 12:50 pm