Sadie’s New Positive Outlook

Okay, so I probably, if I was a less anxious person, should have waited for the final results of Sadie’s test before I went all Blog crazy and ranted about it. The brushing of the esophagus test came back positive for fungus. Yum yum. I sounded surpised when the doctor told me and he asked why I was surprised. “Well, you told me the biopsy was negative so I just figured I had a long road ahead of me.”

“But I told you the brush test was much more sensitive” he said rather gently.

“Hmm…well, I have trust issues. What more can I say?”

But who cares. She is actually eating better. Not nearly as much as I’d like but she wasn’t exactly chowing down before this infection happened. But, rest assured, I can now start acknowledging that I have other children who need to be exploited through Baby On Bored. And exploit them I will. I’ll start telling Elby and Mattie stories in earnest by tomorrow. Right now, all three children are crying and Elby needs dinner and where am I? Blogging that Elby needs dinner and the other children need…well…something. They can’t speak yet so at this point it’s anyone’s guess.

My husband wants to know if he were on a rowboat and my blog was on the rowboat and it was sinking, which would I save. And I said that I’d check my comments first and then save him. Look, you have to sometimes tell the fellas what they want to hear.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 22, 2008 1:13 amUncategorized35 comments

1. Backpacking Dad said,

Hooray for…

…sticking a brush down her throat?

Whatever. Hooray.

:}

| April 22, 2008 @ 1:30 am

2. Becky said,

That’s relieving to hear, dude. You had me all in a tizzy.

| April 22, 2008 @ 1:35 am

3. Kat said,

so glad that this is beginning to look better..for all of you guys!!!Eat Sadie, EAT!

| April 22, 2008 @ 1:48 am

4. MereCat said,

Oh yay! But oh the roller coaster of emotion. I am sooooo glad you have found Sadie’s woes. And as for the blogging while babies screaming. Yeah, I’ve been known to do the same. Several times.

| April 22, 2008 @ 2:27 am

5. momomax said,

that’s so good to hear. I have no real experience to back up any advice, but mine had thrush for a little while…as a 22 month old, but he wasn’t eating either. what a freaking relief. this stuff is easy to treat.

| April 22, 2008 @ 2:34 am

6. Kathy said,

Oh I can so relate to the blog vs. husband dilemna!

| April 22, 2008 @ 3:29 am

7. andi said,

Hmm, blog vs. husband. Guess which choice I’m making right now?

And so, so happy the test came back positive!

| April 22, 2008 @ 4:06 am

8. Deezee said,

rowboat, blog, family…you sure know how to put the humor in it all!

| April 22, 2008 @ 4:21 am

9. CP said,

Yeah for Sadie! Although, I don’t think I want to know how they did the test exactly. Ouch.

| April 22, 2008 @ 4:49 am

10. carrie said,

You crack me up.

| April 22, 2008 @ 6:56 am

11. Denise Thomas said,

Well, it would depend on how deep the water was. Jon seems like a strong swimmer…..
    HooRAY for the good news!

| April 22, 2008 @ 11:43 am

12. Kim/2 Kids said,

What is next? Is she going on an antifungal? It must feel better to have some answers.

| April 22, 2008 @ 1:25 pm

13. MsPrufrock said,

What great news! Well, not the whole fungus thing, but there is an answer.

I don’t know if I’ve taken in anything my husband has said in the past three years thanks to blogging. In fact, I don’t really know if he’s still around. Hmph.

| April 22, 2008 @ 1:34 pm

14. Undomestic Diva said,

Good to hear – I’d totally check my comments first too.

Oh yeah, and yay! for Sadie.

| April 22, 2008 @ 2:38 pm

15. Ramblin' Red said,

I could’ve written that last paragraph, word for word 😉

Glad that you have some kind of answer…I assume there is an anti-fungal treatment taking place? I hope she continues to get better!

| April 22, 2008 @ 3:52 pm

16. Ramblin' Red said,

I could’ve written that last paragraph, word for word 😉

| April 22, 2008 @ 3:53 pm

17. Lynsey said,

I can’t wait for her to get better–as I’m sure you can’t! Boat/Blog? Toughie.

| April 22, 2008 @ 5:17 pm

18. Cheryl said,

Delurking to say that I’m glad you’ve got an answer.

And, as far as blog comments go, a woman has to have her priorities. It sounds like yours are in the right place. 😉

| April 22, 2008 @ 6:23 pm

19. Elise said,

What I like best is where you say what happened, and then say “but whatever”.

That’s gonna be my new mantra, I think, when things bother me, or when I’ve done something I later wish I hadn’t done. I mean, what’s done is done, so “whatever” is really the most healthy response. Yay! I love it.

| April 22, 2008 @ 7:32 pm

20. putty said,

What are you doing in a rowboat when you have a three year old and twins at home. Pretty irresponsible. Maybe the La Leche League was right about you!

| April 22, 2008 @ 11:10 pm

21. katd said,

My child is currently pulling up trying to pull the cord out of the laptop, but I’m not having it:)
    Glad things are looking better with Sadie. And silly husband, why does he ask questions he doesn’t want to hear the answers to? :)

| April 23, 2008 @ 12:49 am

22. giggleblue said,

have you tried talking real sternly to sadie about this eating issue?? this is totally unacceptable! as a blog reader, i will not stand for this!

ah, sadie, you can’t be 2 years old and 9 pounds! you must eat and grow big and strong, cause there is going to be some serious competition on the play ground!

am i the only one chanting “eat, eat, eat…”??

enfamil always makes the babies grow. i think it has the same hormones that they give the chickens. you know, the hormones that make girls grow b cups at age 6??

| April 23, 2008 @ 6:52 am

23. gmcountrymama said,

Yay! I am glad the doc found something and not something serious. I can’t wait to read about the rest of your kiddies.

| April 23, 2008 @ 10:16 pm

24. sarah said,

What a relief! So glad you found answers!

| April 24, 2008 @ 1:18 am

25. Blondie said,

Sorry I haven’t commented in a while, but I have been following along very diligently. I am always amazed that with all you are going through, you still manage to look beautiful and remain positive. Before you know it, Sadie will be eating you out of house and home to make up for lost time!

| April 24, 2008 @ 1:29 am

26. loriedunn said,

Good to hear you’ve got some answers. Man – yeast infection of the esophagus! I’ve had it before in…other areas…must suck to not be able to scratch!

| April 24, 2008 @ 5:51 pm

27. Catwoman said,

So she’s growing mushrooms instead of loaves of bread in her throat? Glad you have an answer now. Does that mean I should stop shipping her melted butter?

And I would totally read the comments before saving my hubby. I mean, after all, my comments never whine at me that I’m ignoring them.

| April 24, 2008 @ 6:30 pm

28. Shawn said,

Well, congrats for a diagnosis and hopefully things will look up. Those first 6, I swear, are the hardest. I can say that with the utmost sincerity. Then you get a smooth ride until 2.5, when you will wish to climb into your pediatricians arms and beg him to take them away from you (some times).

Hugs to you about your girls growing and your book, too. Sorry I haven’t been around … I got lost in cyberspace all this time. Crazy Twinville or something.

| April 24, 2008 @ 10:50 pm

29. BabyShrink said,

Oh Stef, what a relief to have an answer (and solution). Things should be looking up now!

Thinking of you all!

| April 25, 2008 @ 1:20 am

30. Jess Riley said,

Just caught up on things: So glad to hear Sadie has a good prognosis!

I think if I were on a sinking rowboat with my husband and his XBox, he’d wait to ‘level up’ before making any saving-related decisions.

(Dude, remember when we first met? And we had books coming out ‘soon?’ Well, mine will finally f*cking be out in a month. Two years later. Wheeee!)

| April 25, 2008 @ 4:15 am

31. Kristin said,

I have a 5-year old son and 2-year old twins. I just read your book, and started reading your blog. I soooooo feel your pain. It gets better. The first year with twins is just difficult, there is no way around it. But just know, you are not alone!!!! Best wishes to you :)

| April 26, 2008 @ 3:23 am

32. Elizabeth said,

Stefanie –

Hang in there! I’m so pleased I wasn’t the only one watching the finale of Rock of Love. But, did you watch the new premier of Shot at Love with Tila? I have to say, that was an all-time-low in television, but it was like a slow slow train wreck and I could not turn it off.

Elizabeth Lyons

| April 26, 2008 @ 5:18 pm

i just want you to know you brighten my day. my coworker referred you to me and gave me a copy of your first book…..i was in stitches. i now work in labor and deliver and in the past year and half had my second child (prior to transferring). i thought i was going in sane….rather had low thyroid which sign and symptoms are similar to depression. so to sum it up….thank you for your honest and i understand. my heart breaks for those babies i see similar to yours that i help to deliver and care for. God bless and keep up the good work.

| April 28, 2008 @ 3:41 am

34. Kat said,

where are you???I need my daily dose of you and you haven’t posted in a while – are things okay with Sadie? How are YOU doing? Inquiring bloggers need to know…hope you all are doing well!

| April 28, 2008 @ 4:35 pm

35. Heather said,

Hey Stefanie, I thought of you because my kid is having an upper GI series on Wednesday. She hasn’t gained weight in two weeks. How ’bout our svelte babies, huh?

| April 28, 2008 @ 9:22 pm