Annoucing the winners!

First off, thank you ALL for caring about my little bean and worrying about her. Sometimes I truly feel that my cyber friends know more about our trials and tribulations with worrying about the little ones. But, I did have very good news at that GI appointment. Sadie went from 7 lbs. 14oz the Friday before to 8 lbs. 9 oz by Wednesday! That’s about 2 oz a day!!! She’s been keeping up her eating although we have to keep on her about it constantly.

So congrats to:

Mommymae, Babynicole77 and Shannon (who emailed me privately but still won). Will Mommymae (I can’t get to your blog) and Babynicole77 please email me your address and name and I will gladly send you your prizes!

And, if any of my readers are in the LA area, I’m doing a reading and signing of Naptime at the Barnes and Noble Encino (Ventura and Havenhurst) tomorrow (Sat.) at 2 p.m.

I will have a full report on whether or not Sadie keeps her gaining up when I see the GI again in about a week. If she hasn’t kept it up she gets medicated so keep your nipples crossed for her.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 11, 2008 6:00 pmUncategorized15 comments

1. MereCat said,

Wow Sadie! You knocked it outta the park! Go girl GO!

| April 11, 2008 @ 7:45 pm

2. Becky said,

Go SADIE! YOU can DO IT!

| April 11, 2008 @ 9:12 pm

3. babynicole77 said,

yea! yea! winner here!!!!!! thank you. thank you!!! congratulations to sadie for gaining such a large amount- keep growing girl!

| April 11, 2008 @ 9:39 pm

4. Kyddryn said,

Yeeeeehaaawwwww!!

Ahem.

I didn’t do a guess the weight, because whenever someone asks me to guess their age or weight, I am always wrong in he most unflattering direction and I really sdon’t need Sadie coming out here and kicking my ass for being THAT WRONG!! I AM glad for you all, and hope he healthy trend continues!!

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

| April 11, 2008 @ 9:52 pm

5. Heather said,

I just found your blog and caught up on your daughters – I love me some NICU stories. Anway, if it makes you feel any better, my preemie daughter is five months old today and only weighs 9 lbs 6 oz. Up a wopping four ounces from nine days ago! When will our daughters learn to eat, I ask?!

| April 11, 2008 @ 11:34 pm

6. Rachel said,

Great gain! My doctor told me that 2 oz. per day is double the normal rate of weight gain, so maybe she is catching up!

| April 12, 2008 @ 12:49 am

7. Marly said,

Atta girl, Sadie! And I can’t even be sad about being wrong when it means that you are doing so well. Keep it up!

*sigh* I’ve got to go buy a book… 😉

| April 12, 2008 @ 1:10 am

8. Kian said,

That is really so awesome about her weight gain! WTG!!

I wish I could make the reading because I think it would be really cool to meet you. But alas, I’m stuck in Palmdale. In more ways than one. *sigh*

| April 12, 2008 @ 2:29 am

9. Cheryl Lage said,

Wishing Sadie continued suckage and gainage and you a WONDERFUL signing…this is one of those times I wish I were bicoastal!

The new book is GREAT (like it’d be anything else but?)–enjoy the upward and onward turn of events…GO SADIE, GO MAMA and KEEP UP THE MUNCHING ROLE-MODELING MATTIE!

| April 12, 2008 @ 1:47 pm

10. Kate said,

I’m so happy to hear your little bean is gaining weight. I didn’t enter the contest but that would have been my guess :-) Dang, I wish I lived in L.A. so I could go to your book signing. I hope the weight keeps piling on Sadie!

| April 12, 2008 @ 6:29 pm

11. Kim/2 Kids said,

WooHoo! Congratulations. That’a girl.

| April 13, 2008 @ 3:33 am

12. carrie said,

That is truly good news!

| April 13, 2008 @ 8:28 am

13. Tai Chi Mamma said,

I’m so happy to know that Sadie is eating and gaining weight. What a load off, eh?
    Sorry I missed the signing, I really tried to figure out a way to do it, but there just wasn’t one….see ya soon!

| April 13, 2008 @ 4:23 pm

14. Angry Julie said,

Wow!!! Congrats on Sadie’s weight gain!!!

| April 13, 2008 @ 7:10 pm

15. sweatpantsmom said,

Hey girl!!

Sorry I missed the book signing – Rigel’s band was playing a gig at the Staples Center!

But is there another local one coming up? Please let me know – I’ll be there with bells on (my nipples.)

And glad to see Sadie is doing well!

Let’s get together soon for that sushi date – I miss you!

| April 13, 2008 @ 8:31 pm