Today Show on Tuesday

First off, thanks for all the nice comments. I’ve been feeling particularly like I’m going crazy from sleep deprivation mixed with worry mixed with Elby’s school taking off waaay too many holidays. Why do the kids need spring vacation? Vacation from what exactly? Is painting a paper plate, socializing at the water table and learning a cute yoga pose so taxing that they need to chill out for a few weeks in front of Elmo? Elby’s about to get reacquainted with some old friends of hers on Noggin. Bring out the beanbag chair, pour yourself some juice and prepare to be entertained old school style cause I’m just not as exciting as preschool. Oh well.

So in the midst of this insanity, I’m off to NY on Monday and appearing on the Today Show Tuesday morning. I don’t know what time. I don’t know who’s interviewing me but I’m hoping it’s the love of my life Tiki Barber. I doubt it will be though because I believe the people at the Today Show are plotting to keep us apart. They know that Tiki’s love for me is so strong that he may find it just too damn hard to resist me. And they have a point. I don’t want to spend my whole appearance just telling Tiki, “listen, I know you’re obsessed with me despite the fact that I’m 41, I drive a minivan and I have three kids…okay and a husband, but you have to try to maintain your composure!”

But I painfully digress. The point is, if you want to see what four months post twins on no sleep looks like, tune in. It will make me feel better knowing that my virtual friends are rooting for me to be funny despite my current circumstances!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on March 20, 2008 7:02 pmUncategorized19 comments

1. Kelsey said,

If you are on before it’s time to go visit my NICU baby, I’ll watch. If not, I’ll tape! (Yes we are still working with that antiquated machine, the VCR.)

I think there is a point at which no sleep can make someone very entertaining — I’ll be rooting for you!

| March 20, 2008 @ 7:37 pm

2. Susan said,

PLEASE take advantage of the trip, get a massage and an uninterrupted 10 hour sleep then a huge room service breakfast. Can’t wait! You’ll be great!!!

| March 20, 2008 @ 7:55 pm

3. Laural Dawn said,

I can’t wait to watch!
    Just ask for a little extra makeup and you will be fine :)

| March 20, 2008 @ 8:19 pm

4. BabyShrink said,

Can’t wait to see it! And so glad the Bebe’s bloodwork was normal! Have an easy trip!

| March 20, 2008 @ 10:27 pm

5. Julia said,

Just think, though – the gig has to come with professional make-up! Which is far better than regular make-up. Or no make-up. Or now shower or make-up. You get my point.

| March 20, 2008 @ 10:31 pm

6. Stefanie said,

Oh yes, Julia. Makeup, hair and coffee will all be waiting for me. Sadly, not much can make you look spectacular at 6 a.m. est when you are on pst.

| March 20, 2008 @ 10:34 pm

7. A Mom Two Boys said,

OMG! The Today Show? Tiki Barber…I’d swoon. He is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.

Hopefully it won’t be Ann Curry. If she ever had to interview me for anything I’m pretty sure I’d end up slapping her. She bugs me.

Maybe Natalie Moralis. I like her.

Clearly I watch too much of the Today Show as is, so I’m sure I’ll see you on Tuesday! Yay!

| March 20, 2008 @ 11:22 pm

8. DonateMyWeight said,

Good Luck on the Today Show! I’m jealous, I’ve been trying to get on there to talk about ‘Donate My Weight’ and I haven’t gotten any response from them.

Ben from http://www.donatemyweight.com

| March 21, 2008 @ 12:33 am

9. mommymae said,

you’re on the dvr, dude. i can’t wait.

| March 21, 2008 @ 2:08 am

10. Blondie said,

You are gorgeous ya freak! And you are gonna kick ass! BTW: Spring Break isn’t for the kids, it’s for the teachers! It’s not easy being so gosh-darn entertaining all the time! However our particular school does take an exorbitant amount of days off and I think some sort of protest is on order! Wow, that was a lot of exclamation points!

| March 21, 2008 @ 5:44 am

11. Kyddryn said,

Eh, spring break is more for the teachers than the kids, really. I think they make it long so the parents are reminded of what the teachers must endure during school hours, and because they (teachers and students alike) need time to recover from the hangovers. Man, that pomegranate juice has some kick! :-)

I don’t usually watch daytime TV – I’d rather get my lobotomy the old-fashioned way – but I’ll set the TiVo for you. I hope you have fun with it. I am certain that you will look lovely and knock ’em dead with a bit of witty, earthy humor and then I can eBay the DVD of the interview and pay off my house with the proceeds.

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

| March 21, 2008 @ 2:41 pm

12. Cheryl Lage said,

Can hardly wait to see your pretty se’f on the TeeVee! Oh, and darlin’ on the Tiki tip, we SOO read his kids’ books…about TWIN relationships…think of the conversation fodder you’ve now got there…maybe a quickie trip to the library is in order! 😉

Go get ’em, Gal!

| March 21, 2008 @ 5:45 pm

13. sarah said,

Can’t wait to see it! I will watch all FOUR hours of the show if I have to!

I hope you sleep blissfully every hour that you’re not fending off Tiki’s lustful advances…

| March 22, 2008 @ 12:13 am

14. cry it out! said,

I second Susan — get a massage. From Tiki Barber. I would.

Can’t wait to see it — you will rock!

| March 22, 2008 @ 5:15 am

15. Catwoman said,

Can you inappropriately grope Matt Lauer and tell him it’s from me?

I’d greatly appreciate it.

And are you going to NYC without the twins?

And if so, will you never return?

If I were in the NYC area, I would totally be one of those freaks holding a sign that says “Al, don’t eat my favorite Mommy writer!”

| March 22, 2008 @ 3:34 pm

16. MereCat said,

I’ll be watching!

| March 22, 2008 @ 5:40 pm

17. Surcie said,

You’re going to do great, as always! (Plan to spark some controversy. That’ll make it even more fun.)

| March 22, 2008 @ 6:57 pm

18. Christine said,

*drooling*

Tell Tiki I said Hi.

Looking forward to seeing you again…Tiki could hardly keep his hands off you last time.

| March 23, 2008 @ 4:58 pm

19. Rabbadingy said,

I just watched the Today segment and you were great! Congratulations… I also just ordered the book from Amazon today-I’m so excited :)

| March 26, 2008 @ 2:03 am