Sadie,Sadie Petite Lady

The results of Sadie’s bloodwork came back revealing absolutely nothing wrong with her body chemistry. So, for now, she’s just an itty bitty healthy baby. My depression lifted dramatically and I realized that part of my reaction to any sort of possibility of bad news is probably tied in to first finding out that something was wrong with my pregnancy. I just don’t want to be caught not looking. I’m the same in relationships; when I met my husband, I was paranoid that he’d break up with me and I wouldn’t see it coming. I’d think that everything was going perfect and inside his head he’d be plotting his escape all the while pretending things were good for him too. And then one day, BAM! He’d tell me it was over. So I made him promise me that if he was having any doubts that I wanted to be forewarned. I just felt like it would hurt less to know that something bad was brewing even if I couldn’t do anything about it.

Hey, enough navel gazing. I should just write a few sad songs and go on the road with Sarah Maclachlan already.

Right now, I’m obsessively checking on my virtual friend Alexa who is going through such a tough time I can’t possibly imagine the truckloads of antidepressants she will need when all is said and done. She is such a trouper and she needs all of our support right now. Please start reading her blog if you’re not already addicted. She’s a beautiful writer ever through the heartbreak she’s enduring.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on March 19, 2008 10:28 pmUncategorized11 comments

1. A Mom Two Boys said,

Yay for Sadie! That’s great. Awesome. Fab-U-Lous.

I popped over to Flotsom blog but after having had two glasses of wine tonight thought better of sittiing here and reading it. What an amazing mom and little baby.

Soon enough she’ll have Simone home and will be cursing the colic!

| March 20, 2008 @ 2:14 am

2. Susan said,

So glad to hear the good news. You’re a wonderful mother and an amazing writer!

| March 20, 2008 @ 2:53 am

3. Backpacking Dad said,

No fool be ye, says I.

Congratulations.

| March 20, 2008 @ 3:17 am

4. emorc said,

So pleased your news was good. Just found your blog and am already addicted.
    Glad to know I wasn’t the only one paranoid about relationships – when my husband first moved in (way before we got married) I was so worried about him leaving again that I never really enjoyed those wonderful first few weeks. D’oh!

| March 20, 2008 @ 9:15 am

5. Lil Mouse said,

glad everything’s going okay. My hubby and I have a tell-all policy like that, if something is ‘wrong’ which may not even be wrong, it could just be ‘feeling’ off, then we tell each other. i had to institute this because #1, he keeps things bottled up like any man, and #2, i just needed to be able to talk, briefly whenever it was needed. that allows us to have so much fun, because we know that if something is up, we’ll tell each other.

| March 20, 2008 @ 3:09 pm

6. Catwoman said,

I knew she was just small and feisty.

As someone who never quite made it on the percentile chart as a baby and kid, I grew up to be 5’3 1/2″, so I say screw the doctors! I was NEVER sick as a kid, so small = strong, if you ask me.

Just make sure Fattie Mattie doesn’t try to eat Sadie as a snack.

| March 20, 2008 @ 3:50 pm

7. Becky said,

My sweet Sadie. How I heart her (seriously, I’m full of girl-baby fever, and I might need to go out and blow a bunch of money on your ickle girls–or your big one, it doesn’t matter) and her weeness.

Glad you’re feeling better.

And I check on Alexa obsessively.

| March 20, 2008 @ 5:04 pm

8. Newt said,

I’m so glad Sadie is well. Some people just can’t be rushed.

| March 20, 2008 @ 5:13 pm

9. MereCat said,

For me, I constantly fall into the trap of comparing my twins development even though I KNOW FULL WELL that they are two different children who will grow differently. i think it is almost impossible to say, well this one is doing this, but that one isn’t. Is there something wrong? And of course there’s nothing wrong at all. It’s just that you have two. At the same time. I know things are different with preemies, and you should be more vigilant about monitoring their develpoment early on, but I just wanted to say that you will keep on doing it well after they are out of the preemie stage.

But hooray for you guys! Another hurdle cleared! The light at the end of the tunnel, is actually not an oncoming train.

| March 20, 2008 @ 6:26 pm

Hi – I just wanted to say I have 3 daugthers, my oldest was 27 months when my identical twin girls were born. Wow – the parallels between my world then and what you are living are crazy! It will get better and I can only say this because they are now 13 and 11 :) I am glad Sadie is ok and just tiny – my smaller daughter was 4#6oz (I know HUGE compared to Sadie) and I always called her my “itty bitty baby” and her twin sister my “bonus baby”. The twinnies like to tell their friends that they are petite now (they are nearly 12 and have just moved into a size 7 from a size 6x FOR EV ER)because “um – we used to be one egg” :) Good luck I look forward to continuing to read your blog. (and I’m only anonymous because I don’t have any of the identities listed below :) Patti B.

| March 20, 2008 @ 7:00 pm

11. sarah said,

I’m so glad that all is well with Sadie. Ethan was a bit of a peanut at birth, two (4lbs, 13oz) and he’s still working his way to 20lbs at 22 months. I think he’ll get there by the time he hits 2! The doctors did all their fancy test on him, too. He’s just a peanut! :-)

| March 22, 2008 @ 12:19 am