One Down, One to Go!

Okay, sorry it’s been awhile. A lot’s happened. I don’t want to excite you people too much but I have many fun things to blog about. First off, Matilda is home now weighing a hair over five pounds. Here’s a very happy homecoming picture. I’m sporting my “squirrel coat” as my husband likes to call it, I suspect because he loves it so much. I’m pretty sure there is a small colony of something nasty nesting in the collar at this point. So maybe not the most sanitary choice of warmth options. Stop judging.

She came home on Sunday. So what’s today? Thursday? I’ve been a bit busy with one baby here and one still in the NICU but I wanted to tell you all how it’s going. Fine. Actually, it’s pretty amazing having a baby here. Better than bringing my first daughter home because I actually feel less anxious about her. Thank you Zoloft! Plus, the NICU has her on a schedule and she’s really into it. Of course that will change but for now it’s easier deal with waking up at fairly set times.

Big sister Elby is sort of happy about her. Sort of. She did manage to play her a song at a sound level that I wasn’t aware your average harmonica could achieve. She also gave her a daisy.

So I’m adjusting to pumping, feeding, pumping, feeding, peeing, visiting Sadie in the NICU. Luckily I’m having a mad passionate affair with the main doctor in charge of the NICU. He’s kind of remote and a bit withholding (exactly my type) with not much sense of humor that I can readily see (but I know it’s there). But he wears these big glasses which hide very sensitive eyes and despite the chinos and polo shirts, let’s face it, a vulnerable mom in a NICU is an easy target. Although we probably won’t be getting married since I now have three kids and a minivan and, oh yeah, a husband I love. I do refer to him as my boyfriend whenever I’m in the NICU mostly because it unnerves the nursing staff.
I have to go see Sadie, who know weighs in at just over 3 pounds and may be coming home in a week. Tune in tomorrow because I have gossip! And not just about Jamie Lynn Spears being knocked up. But how fucking funny is that? Apparently mom, Lynn’s book about raising girls is on “hold.”

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on December 16, 2007 6:19 pmUncategorized21 comments

1. Christine said,

Oh, yippee for Mathilda!!! Welcome home little one (or should I say big one?)!

I sure hope you have an industrial strength pump. MOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

| December 20, 2007 @ 8:15 pm

2. gmcountrymama said,

That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you all. And I love the coat.

| December 20, 2007 @ 11:15 pm

3. just4ofus said,

So darn cute.
    Congrats.
    And I love the squirrel coat.
    You look skinny.
    You suck.

| December 21, 2007 @ 1:20 am

4. MereCat said,

*squeeeallls* Yay you’re home with one! Go mama-san go!

| December 21, 2007 @ 2:16 am

5. sarah said,

ohdeargodinheaven, that is a beautiful baby!!!

and how freaking gorgeous and skinny are you? whatever. 😉

Congrats (on the babies and looking like you didn’t just have babies!)

| December 21, 2007 @ 2:19 am

6. momomax said,

she is so beautiful!! I’m so happy for you. big sister looks just like mom. you’re all looking fantastic.

| December 21, 2007 @ 4:15 am

7. Johnna said,

All three of you look so beautiful. Maybe it’s good that big sister gets to get used to the babies one at a time. Thanks for the update.

| December 21, 2007 @ 1:23 pm

8. Catwoman said,

Where the hell did your belly go? Did you get the Britney c-section/tummy tuck combo or something, because you look tinier than me and I’m not pregnant. And uhm, had a baby 28 months ago now.

But this is about you. Congrats on bringing Mattie home. And I’m cheering for Sadie to be home very soon! And I love that you’ve made your life’s mission to unnerve the nurses. I mean, what else do you have to do, really? :)

| December 21, 2007 @ 3:10 pm

9. A Mom Two Boys said,

Yay! Congrats!
    Get your “boyfriend” on your side and maybe you can get him to give the NICU Nazi Nurse a hard time!

Have fun with that beautiful baby!

| December 21, 2007 @ 3:24 pm

10. Michelle said,

Oh, what wonderful news! Congratulations!

I found, once I got used to the dry, straight-shooter neonatologist, I prefered him to the beat around the bush, put a pretty polish on it one!

BTW, You look mah-valous!

| December 21, 2007 @ 4:17 pm

11. Dana J. Tuszke said,

Yay! So happy Mathilda is home! Soon enough Sadie will be, too! :)

| December 21, 2007 @ 4:25 pm

12. Jaime said,

COngrats!!! Adorable…..love it!
    And re:Jamie Lynn – apparently, I was one of the last people to catch up on the gossip (grad school will do that to you, I guess). Can’t believe she’s knocked up! Can’t wait to read THAT parenting book.

| December 21, 2007 @ 5:46 pm

13. Becky said,

Dude, your baby is huge! And adorable.

You also make me happy that I’m not the only one who has imaginary boyfriends.

| December 21, 2007 @ 5:52 pm

14. Dawn said,

Those are adorable photos! And you look great, and so skinny for just having twins!! Wow!

| December 22, 2007 @ 6:40 pm

15. Surcie said,

I love the photo of Elby wailing on the harmonica. (Any chance she was playing the blues?)

You look wonderful, Stef!

PS: Zoloft = Rock on

| December 22, 2007 @ 6:53 pm

16. Cheryl Lage said,

What a tremendous testimony to the females Wilder-Taylor! Gorgeous, all.

Looking forward to seeing sweet Sadie news soon.

(Maybe Mama Spears is reworking her text to a “God-willing, Grandparenting is My Second Chance” theme…)

| December 23, 2007 @ 12:48 am

17. IzzyMom said,

Your babies are so beautiful! I just read your last ten posts so I could get caught up. So glad Matilda is home and soon Sadie will follow. What an awesome Christmas present. So…when are you gonna start scrapbooking? *ducking and running*

| December 24, 2007 @ 5:55 am

18. PDX Mama said,

Matilda is just beautiful. So glad she is home with you now. Hope Sadie follows soon!!!

And yes, I remember how nice the schedule was when E came home from the NICU.

| December 24, 2007 @ 10:00 pm

19. Lil Mouse said,

glad that one half of your peachy pair is home. and i quadruple it that you are so skinny!

| December 24, 2007 @ 10:25 pm

20. carrie said,

Congratulations on bringing that little bundle of sweetness home!

| December 27, 2007 @ 2:34 am

21. Daisy said,

She’s beautiful — and so are you! The smile in the first picture is wonderful.

| December 28, 2007 @ 2:28 am