Caution: Diabetics Should Not View This Picture

My twins are co-sleeping and it may be the most insanely cute thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I had to call my husband at home, tell him to get to the hospital STAT with the digital camera. YES, of course I’m hormonal and yes, of course they’re my babies but I think you’d have to be deep in a coma not to find this picture pretty freaking adorable. And even if you are deep in a coma, maybe you’d even come out of the coma, utter your first words “wow, adorable!” and then drop back out of consciousness. But still…it would be progress. And it would give the family of the coma victim hope. And isn’t that what life is all about? Hope? By the way, I did not knit that hat that Sadie is wearing. There are people who are like NICU fanatics who come in and knit things, bring blankets, make little signs etc. Pretty soon I can bring my own clothes. I mean, not MY clothes because they would be kind of big but I can buy preemie clothes so my babies don’t look like charity cases.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on December 5, 2007 4:16 pmUncategorized30 comments

Beautiful sight! Their coloring looks fantastic!! Are they breathing without assistance? I had a child who went through similar situation. Gob bless.

| December 5, 2007 @ 4:59 pm

2. Catwoman said,

It’s funny, I was going to email you to ask you if they were co-sleeping. Because apparently it’s very good for preemie twins, it helps them strive. They were doing it even in the 70’s when my twin sisters were born prematurely.

And look at it this way, you can just get one crib for the two of them that way and then sell the other crib for drinking money.

| December 5, 2007 @ 5:35 pm

3. Catwoman said,

Oh and even though I’m not diabetic, I’m pretty sure I went into diabetic shock from the sweetness of that picture. Too freaking cute!!!!

| December 5, 2007 @ 5:37 pm

4. Kate (crabbykate) said,

awww Stef, they are so cute. So lovely, your little ones.

| December 5, 2007 @ 5:38 pm

5. MereCat said,

THey are just adorable! So sweet my teeth hurt! And you sound positively fantastic. Way to go momma! You are the best!

| December 5, 2007 @ 6:01 pm

6. Jess Riley said,

Oh my God Stef, such sweethearts!!! I just caught up on things…congratulations to you, my dear! Welcome babies!

| December 5, 2007 @ 6:16 pm

7. Cory said,

Congrats, they are so beautiful! I’m so glad they are healthy and doing well:)

| December 5, 2007 @ 6:23 pm

8. Stefanie said,

Catwoman, I don’t need to sell the crib for drinking money. That’s what my kidney is for.

| December 5, 2007 @ 6:28 pm

9. sam said,

If I wasn’t already knocked up, I’d have Baby Fever like nobody’s business after seeing that adorable picture!!!

| December 5, 2007 @ 6:39 pm

10. Cheryl Lage said,

You did the right thing to send that man after the camera! Still wish I had more photos of the co-sleeping in the clear criblet days.

Gotta love the knitting nana-wannabes…still have our twosome’s lil handknit caps—some day when dementia sets in I’m sure I’ll believe I crafted them myself.

Splenda only for my coffee after that shot…ENJOY!

| December 5, 2007 @ 7:09 pm

11. Becky said,

OHMYGOD, I just overdosed on cuteness!

| December 5, 2007 @ 7:09 pm

12. gmcountrymama said,

OOOOOHHHHH they are beautiful! I am glad they are doing so well. Their hair looks light in color, was Elby’s light at birth also?

| December 5, 2007 @ 8:42 pm

13. Kris said,

They are SPOONING!!! Those girls will be inseparable!!! I agree with Sam. If I weren’t already pregnant, that picture would be enough to make me corner my husband and make one of my own. Nicely captured.

| December 5, 2007 @ 9:06 pm

14. sarah said,

oh, the cuteness makes my uterus hurt.

Must. have. another. baby. soon.

| December 5, 2007 @ 9:19 pm

15. Christine said,

Okay, I am totally going to go learn how to knit right now so I can fashion something fancy for Mathilda (my second fave girl name ever, after my own daughter’s name, which is Greta). NOT FAIR THAT SADIE GETS A CAP AND I DON’T, MOM!!!!

I always wanted to have twins. I’m a tad jealous right now, but in the good way. Once again, Mazel Tov.

| December 6, 2007 @ 2:16 am

16. Jessica @ A Bushel and a Peck said,

So gorgeous! And I really like the little knit cap–its cute too!

| December 6, 2007 @ 3:01 am

17. SUEB0B said,

You KNOW I’m not a baby person…but that is pretty cute.

| December 6, 2007 @ 4:15 am

18. PDX Mama said,

What a beautiful, adorable photo. Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girls. I hope their stay in the NICU is not too awfully long and that the only thing keeping them there is their size.

One unsolictied pumping tip – hands free bra. My daughter was born at 33.5 wks – I remember the intense amt of pumping. Hugs!!!

| December 6, 2007 @ 4:28 am

19. Lil Mouse (Jill) said,

cute cute. i do think i am going into a coma. that is too sweet. and hey, take the freebies. i know that i do crafty stuff and its like, i cant keep it, i must give it away. i bet those other ladies feel the exact same way. you’re making their day!

| December 6, 2007 @ 12:49 pm

20. heidi said,

those little knit hats at the nicu….they just slay me.

| December 6, 2007 @ 1:58 pm

21. Tuesday Girl said,

I loved when I put my twins together in their cribs. it is a sweet sight.

| December 6, 2007 @ 4:39 pm

22. ETownDZ said,

Oh-so cute! I remember being about 4 days postpartum, and just walking into the NICU and seeing them next to each other made me burst into tears. Ah, the memories. They look so great, and how wonderful that they get to be together!

| December 6, 2007 @ 9:07 pm

23. Superfish said,

Oh my god, they are so cute! And I cant believe how much hair they have! My little girl is six months and still doesn’t have that much!
    Now, you’ve probably already been told everything I’m about to say a million times, but just incase:
    (once you’re able to feed the girls “in person”) I find that I pump a lot more when I have Sophie on one side and the pump on the other, at the same time. And drink a TON of water! I have to drink a bare minimum of 2 litres (1/2 gallon?) of straight water a day or I dry right up!

| December 7, 2007 @ 5:41 pm

24. Rachel said,

Stop it, you’re going to make me want to reproduce again! Your babies are precious.

| December 7, 2007 @ 9:51 pm

25. Wonderful World of Weiners said,

I don’t even have a uterus anymore but this ADORABLE picture makes it ache with envy!!

Mine are 18 and 14 – enjoy it while you can. It goes so fast!!!

Hallie

| December 9, 2007 @ 3:10 am

26. Kimblahg said,

I am so pleased they let your babies co-sleep. My triplets’ NICU had a no co-sleeping policy because they believed it could compromise their breathing if one rolled over on the other (but hello? they are covered in monitors so you would know if there was an issue). It is wonderful when they cuddle up to each other and go to sleep and only lasts for a few months before they start kicking each other and laying on each other’s heads. I would still ask your pediatrician if they should co-sleep at home because I have read it can increase chances of SIDS (if they aren’t wearing monitors).

| December 10, 2007 @ 3:44 am

27. zellmer said,

Wow, they are real cute. CONGRATULATIONS!

| December 11, 2007 @ 2:50 am

28. b*babbler said,

Wow. They look like they are doing so well!

And that cuteness! Have fun buying preemie clothes… it’s one of the few upsides of the NICU is just how frickin’ cute those babies look in their itty-bittie little outfits.

Carters makes some super-small stuff (3-5 lbs) which we found was perfect, and Gymboree and Gap both have preemie lines (5-7 lbs).

| December 11, 2007 @ 4:11 am

29. Claudine Wolk said,

So cute, you’re right!

| December 14, 2007 @ 12:06 pm

30. Haley-O said,

Wow! congratulations! Seems like I’ve had a baby and you’ve had two babies since I’ve last been here! wow! They’re beautiful and so sweet co-sleeping! :) Mazel Tov!

| December 17, 2007 @ 2:43 am