Boobs, Babies, Britney Spears

See, here I am, waking up, pumping, taking my daughter to school, pumping, visiting my daughters in the NICU and hope for a little eye contact but settling for a diaper change, some cuddling and praying for a report that they’ve gained an ounce. Then it’s off to pick up daughter from school, pump, entertain, pump, did I mention pumping? Laundry, pump, play with daughter and try not to seem distracted…it would seem like my life is kind of hard right now. But then I think, “God, Stefanie, you are so selfish. All you think about is yourself when there are people who have it much harder than you.” Exactly, like for instance that one dude from Lost who got a DUI – is he going to end up serving a few days in the pokey? Or what about Lauri from OC Housewives. Will she get her dream wedding? It just doesn’t seem like the location she’s chosen will fit as many guests as she would want in a perfect world. Do you see? Do you? The world…it’s not perfect. Let’s take Amy Winehouse — a horrible picture of her just surfaced on the Internet. That can’t be a good feeling. So, what have I learned. Stop being so self centered and realize there’s a big world out there and Britney Spears is in it fucking up worse everyday. And that it ‘s time to pump again.

But here’s a quick update on my ladies. Matilda is past her birthweight (after losing a bit). She’s 4.4 oz. and Sadie is 2.8 so she’s still the smallest baby I’ve ever seen but also the cutest. If she can stay this slim, I may have to enter her in a preemie beauty pageant. Hopefully, the judges can come to the NICU. Oh, but what will she choose for her talent? She has so many to choose from: nippling, sucking, holding her own body temp, ripping out her feeding tube…

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on December 11, 2007 6:05 amUncategorized14 comments

1. Lil Mouse said,

there probably are preemie beauty pagents, why not call the local chapter of your moms with multiples or whatever. if anyone knows, it would be them.

| December 11, 2007 @ 1:11 pm

2. Anne said,

You look great and your daughters are beautiful! Congratulations!

| December 11, 2007 @ 2:31 pm

3. Becky said,

I think the beauty pagent is a great idea. Every baby needs to know what the world is about, afterall. Start ’em young is what I always say (but I have sons, and no one cares what my boys look like).

| December 11, 2007 @ 5:31 pm

4. testblog said,

I think you should only have a baby beauty pagent if you can spray tan the babies…like they do in the toddler and pre-school ones! Congrats and glad everyone is good!

Love,
    White Trash Mom,
    Michelle
    (I can’t figure out how to log into blogger, I am an idiot)

| December 11, 2007 @ 8:14 pm

5. Laural Dawn said,

Pumping sucks!!!
    I hated every moment of it – no matter wonderful a thing it is, it still sucks! So, way to do it so much :)
    And, I cannot stop laughing about the preemie beauty pageants. You know there are people out there who are going to google that and take you SO seriously!

| December 11, 2007 @ 11:00 pm

6. Michelle said,

Take the ripping out of the feeding tube as a good sign, even as frustrating as it may be! It means she is a fighter and that thing is pissing her off! My son would rip out his feeding tube and his vent!

I feel ya on the pumping! Can you pump at the bedside? That helped me, but I had to wait for him to graduate to feeders and growers. I had a picture I taped to my pump that I would look at to try to help. It can be hard to try to produce milk for a baby/babies you aren’t physically near.

One thing, ask if you can leave a disposable camera at the bedside for the nurses to take pictures of any memorable moments for you! (Like when they finally remove that feeding tube on doctor’s orders, at 3 am!)

Just keep doing your best, all three of your girls know you love them. All the stress and struggles will be worth it when you bring them home and you have your family together.

Michelle
    Mom to ex-25 weeker
    BananaSplit1974@aol.com

| December 12, 2007 @ 1:03 am

7. A Mom Two Boys said,

OH! So glad to hear they’re doing so well!

And, aren’t ALL pictures that surface of Amy Winehouse Horrible? Or is it just me?

Let’s see if we can start a campaign to have your adorable girls pictured in place of her crazy mug every time. Now THAT would make the world a happier place!

| December 12, 2007 @ 3:42 am

8. carrie said,

It’s all about perspective, isn’t it? :)

Glad those beautiful babies are doing so well!

| December 12, 2007 @ 6:46 am

9. Surcie said,

I agree with the spray-tan suggestion. And clearly, they will need hair extensions for competition. I’m thinking waist-length springy blonde ringlets.

| December 12, 2007 @ 2:27 pm

10. BlogWhore said,

i haven’t commented since u birthed the babies… and my apologies for that because i read u so frequently.

i was filled with all sorts of fuzzy warm feelings when i saw the pics of your lil girls (man, are you going to pay come adolesence). congrats.

keep up the positive thinkging. the girls will be home soon enough (sans nurses). don’t forget to take care of yourself. eat, sleep, and watch plenty of reality tv.

oh, and don’t come over to my site after reading this comment. my glory blogging ears are over and all you’ll find is some shitty posts.

p.s. quinn is a christian slut.

| December 12, 2007 @ 3:29 pm

11. sarah said,

I loathed pumping with a white-hot hatred, I will tell you that.

I would be trying to find a preemie tiara b/c that cutie is going to need it.

| December 12, 2007 @ 6:02 pm

12. Surcie said,

A somewhat but not completely unrelated P.S: Do you think Brit should be arrested for skipping court yesterday? I think I might enjoy that. Also, sounds like A Very Special Real Housewives of OC is airing tonight!

| December 13, 2007 @ 2:06 pm

13. Christine said,

Okay, right now I must caution you NOT to EVER call Sadie the cutest and thinnest again, at least not within Mathilda’s earshot. I mean, what about fat Mathilda? She’s already “the big one who can’t pull out her own feeding tubes.” Poor girl. Always in the shadow of her beauty pageant sister.

Glad the ladies are doing well. And wow, did I ever flipping HATE pumping. Moo.

| December 14, 2007 @ 5:00 am

14. Candace said,

omigod they are so fucking cute! sleeping together!! I hate to get all sugary and shizz but you see that and you really know it’s a miracle. They are so connected and they just got here and oh man, I might squirt a few!
    on another note, how is that lauri gonna act? a grown woman sending out a boxed invite to her third wedding? trash with cash. all kinds of wrong.

| December 17, 2007 @ 3:19 am