Twin Pregnancy Is Not Dignified

So in one week from today I will see if the babies are growing well enough. And, of course, I will keep you posted. For right now, I’m experiencing the normal 8th month pregnancy indignities; peeing when I sneeze, waddling, and a hemmie the size of Manhattan. You’re welcome for the visual.

Sadly, I realize this is the easy part. Having one child tends to make a person more realistic about the first few months of the next new baby let alone next two babies. I’m just trying to enjoy my final weeks with my daughter being my one and only. Sometimes I just look at her and want to cry that she’ll no longer be the center of the universe. Damn it, she deserves to be. But, then again, she’s got school and her little friends and her Hello Kitty backpack. The chick has her own little world going on. I mean, she’s about to be three-years-old after all. She’s probably skipped out of preschool and is applying for emancipated minor status as I ignorantly write this.

So no other twins news. Sorry. I’m off to drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on November 8, 2007 5:29 pmUncategorized13 comments

1. Catwoman said,

I just found out I’m pregnant and I have the same guilt when I look at my first-born. But I know that he’ll also be gaining a friend and I look at my sisters now and can’t imagine being an adult and not having them in my life. I want him to have that too.

| November 8, 2007 @ 6:45 pm

2. Laural Dawn said,

You know, everyone says to appreciate pregnancy because it will be harder when the baby (babies) arrive.
    But, seriously, the end of pregnancy SUCKS!
    Hang in there.
    And I hope those babies are growing.

| November 8, 2007 @ 11:14 pm

3. MereCat said,

I’m with Laurel. the end of pg sucks. The last 10 days of my twin pg I was on percoset. I don’t think my bambini were too polluted, do you?

I am an only child and would have done anything to have a brother or a sister. Your first will be a very proud helper.

Hang in there… the best is yet to come… I promise!!!!!

| November 9, 2007 @ 2:22 am

4. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said,

If you made it to the eighth month it isn’t a normal twin pregnancy. You are doing a great job!

| November 9, 2007 @ 6:57 pm

5. just4ofus said,

I felt so bad for my son when my daugher was born, that attention was being taken from him. It did continue after the birth, but I did get over than and my son is fine (obviously).
    That is a normal feeling!

| November 9, 2007 @ 9:08 pm

6. Christine said,

I felt the same way about my son when I was pregnant with my daughter…it’s a totally normal thought. But they love each other so much; they’re cuddled on the sofa watching Sponge Bob.

(Did I just admit that?)

| November 10, 2007 @ 5:10 pm

7. Candace said,

oh god, did I mourn the loss of my monogamous relationship with my daughter after I had my second child. It was like total heartbreak. She barely knew what was going on but I was a mess. This little intruder came and ruined all that was once pure.
    What a difference a year makes. She’s also stopped dragging him across the carpet by his hood so that helps.

| November 11, 2007 @ 2:44 am

8. Anne Glamore said,

My doc had great advice which we used that made great sense– I let my oldest introduce the twins to everyone– Here are my brothers, A and B.
    It made him feel a part of things and reminded the dingbats that while there were 2 babies that didn’t know WHAT was going on, there was an almost 3 yo watching it all.

I did this for visitors, at the grocery store (when we got to that point) etc.

| November 13, 2007 @ 4:52 pm

9. sweatpantsmom / marsha tm said,

I’m just catching up here, and suddenly I have an intense craving for a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink.

You look great! Sadly, I guess our sushi-meet up is on hold. But let me be the first to bring you over a spicy tuna roll after the babies come? Can you have sushi while breastfeeding? I can’t remember – it’s been 9 years.

| November 14, 2007 @ 12:23 am

I once heard a saying: “One child is a toy”.

I was quite insulted by that until I had my second. (Or for you – 2nd and 3rd). All the best. It gets easier as the straight jacket gets tighter!! From an Aussie girl (:

| November 14, 2007 @ 1:55 am

11. Plain Jane said,

you know what? I can’t wait to see a pic of those beautiful babies. And only now you pee when you sneeze? It’s been 8 years since I delivered and I still pee when I sneeze…

| November 14, 2007 @ 12:40 pm

12. shay said,

What a great blog! I loved your comments and your pics. Brings me back baby. I think you look great btw.
    I remember wanting twins until my girlfriend brought her 2 year old and 4 month old twins over. I’m good to have them one at a time now:)
    Oh and if it make you feel better this same girlfriend looked teeny the whole time too. Her girls are healthy and happy (almost) 5 year olds now.
    Good luck as you come to the end!

| November 15, 2007 @ 10:07 pm

13. surcie said,

As the oldest of three sisters, I can say with some authority that Miss E will still be the center of the universe, whether the younger ones like it or not.

| November 15, 2007 @ 10:39 pm