Things I’m Kinda Sorta Thankful For

I don’t want to be left behind on the “Things I’m Thankful For” track. I mean, I am definitely thankful for stuff so let me just think of some good things that may normally have been clouded by the ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF STRESS I’M UNDER.

1. I ate a Lean Pocket this afternoon and didn’t burn all the skin off of the inside of my mouth. First time!

2. My daughter’s Hokey Pokey Elmo has finally run out of batteries.

3. There are no more strange men traipsing in and out of my bathroom (construction gets ooooold after awhile).

4. That Jon and I have Tom Brady and the Patriots defense on our fantasy football team.

5. The existance of banana pudding. Or any pudding. Tapioca, chocolate, butterscotch – I give thanks for all of you, Pudding!

6. Sweet Dulcolax.

7. That my husband had the good sense to marry me.

8. My daughter’s dancing skills and spot on Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men impression.

9. Real Housewives of Orange County – particularly Vicki who in my estimation is batshit crazy and the only reason to watch!

10. That the Lifetime Movie Network sees fit to run terrible docudramas 24/7!

11. Augusten Burroughs, Jack Handy, The Office, my husband, Cynthia Heimel, The Lazlo Letters and all things that make me laugh.

12. The possibility of my babies being home for Christmas.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on November 25, 2007 11:29 pmUncategorized15 comments

1. Surcie said,

# 9 – Totally. Those other muthas are taking up too much of her airtime, if you ask moi.

| November 26, 2007 @ 12:10 am

2. momomax said,

yay. I hope those babies go home for christmas too.

as for the housewives, I can’t stop watching once I begin. which one are you again? haha.

I’m glad you got to shower. something that just doesn’t seem to happen in the hospital.

| November 26, 2007 @ 12:15 am

3. Christine said,

I am probably the only person who doesn’t use a reader of some sort…I just scroll through my blogroll and read from there. Archaic, no?

Anyway, that’s why I’ve missed your recent updates. Sadly, I was getting used to your silence and wasn’t checking in as often as I used to. That, and the fact that we’ve been moving and my reading was down in general.

So I’m thrilled to hear your girls are going to be fine! And that they might be home for Christmas…woohoo! I’m so happy for you.

(Yes, why can’t they make Hot/Lean Pockets not be so freakin’ hot inside!?!?!)

| November 26, 2007 @ 12:43 am

4. Molly said,

I love “Housewives,” even while I sort of hate it at the same time. It’s like watching paint dry–stupid, shallow, Republican, fake-breasted paint. Lauri is the one I can’t stop watching, mostly because of the off chance she’ll get hit by a car while the cameras are rolling.

| November 26, 2007 @ 2:57 pm

5. Becky said,

I love it. Nice list. I hope that the babies are home for Christmas as well :)

| November 26, 2007 @ 6:32 pm

6. heidi said,

Yes, vickie is definetly out to lunch without a sandwich.
    But the REAL reason to watch is Jeana’s hot baseball son. YUM.

| November 26, 2007 @ 7:55 pm

7. Catwoman said,

You have totally touched upon one of my guilty pleasures. Housewives of Orange County is highly addictive. I’m guessing it’s what snorting Koolaid powder would be like. It’s all fluff and yet, it’s completely awesome. Vicki is a total nut job and seriously needs a Latin lover or some meds of some kind.

Glad to hear you’re keeping your sense of humor. And here’s to awesome doctors!

| November 26, 2007 @ 9:28 pm

8. Laural Dawn said,

What a great list!
    I hope the babies are home for Christmas too.
    Good luck with everything. I sending you tons of good thoughts.

| November 26, 2007 @ 10:59 pm

9. my minivan is faster than yours said,

Just checking in on you and yours. When I get my “Wombs are for sissies” t-shirts made I’ll be sure to send a couple your way!

This morning my three-year-old’s (32 weeker) preschool teacher told me he is off the charts smart. Prematurity can kiss my ass!

| November 27, 2007 @ 5:27 am

10. surcie said,

PS: Some art I think you might enjoy:

| November 27, 2007 @ 5:34 pm

11. surcie said,

oops–doesn’t look like the whole link showed up. I’ll email it to you, just in case.

| November 27, 2007 @ 5:36 pm

12. Surcie said,

| November 27, 2007 @ 5:38 pm

13. gmcountrymama said,

I am with ya on 1,6,7 and especially 12!

| November 27, 2007 @ 9:25 pm

14. Jessica said,

Hey there, just happened across your blog from God only knows where… Needless to say, I wanted to send well wishes your way. I too am a twin Mom, as well as a triplet Mom. My Triplets are 2 and my twins are 16 months. FWIW, both sets of kiddos were born at 34 weeks and did well, they all did their share of time in the NICU, but they’re all great now… Needless to say, I’ll be keeping you all in my thoughts :) Be Well!! And feel free to pop over to our blog… http://www.jbrooke7.typepad.com

| November 28, 2007 @ 12:51 am

15. Mom101 said,

It’s been way too long since I’ve checked in (um, anywhere) and holy fuck I suck. I am thinking of you big time and your sweet babies and can’t wait for updates which you are of course free to email me in all your myriad free time. xo

| November 29, 2007 @ 3:29 am