Still Knocked Up…So Far

So I get the next steroid shot in an hour and my daily dose of sweet Ambien. Last night I only slept for two hours. I know that seems crazy seeing as how hospitals are known for their peacefulness and it’s so easy to find a comfortable position with monitors all over your body but trust me, it was actually quite challenging.

Thank you everyone for all the positive and nice comments you’ve left for me. It really does make it easier to know that people care and are pulling for you when you’re stuck in a room isolated except for the ANTM marathon that was on all day.

More tomorrow.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on November 17, 2007 4:55 amUncategorized12 comments

1. Julie said,

Oooof. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I wish you a great deal more sleep, a much longer gestation, and a three-day Law and Order-thon.

| November 17, 2007 @ 1:02 pm

2. LaLa said,

I hope all is well and you are able to get some sleep. Hang in there…thinking of you.

| November 17, 2007 @ 2:22 pm

3. Amy said,

Stefanie, you aren’t alone, dear. I mean, aside from the two little people in you uterus. I was on hospital bedrest for a month when I was pg with twins. Ambien doesn’t work. I Love Lucy is on at 3am. The pot roast dinner on Fridays is disgusting. Are you on oxygen? You can do experiments by deeply breathing through your nose and watching your oxygen level go up. Then breathe through your mouth for a minute and watch it go down. Fascinating, I know.

I’m sending you and your gestating octopus healthy thoughts. We made it to 34 weeks, two weeks longer than anybody expected. My thoughts are with you. Breathe deeply.

| November 17, 2007 @ 4:43 pm

4. Stefanie said,

Thanks Amy, was everything okay at 34 weeks? I am hoping to make it to exactly that point. Your profile is unavailable so I could go to your blog and try to email you. If you check this back I’d love to hear what happened. I mean, the potroast warning was great too…

| November 17, 2007 @ 4:47 pm

5. Lil Mouse (Jill) said,

i hardly ever slept in the hospital. but that was with an appendix removal. that sucked. you couldnt move much because if you did you’d hurt your stitches. and at certain times they’d put in medication and if you raised your arm it’d pop the damn thing out and the monitor thing would beep. god i hated that. and just when i got used to not using my right arm and getting out of bed, they switched the damn iv to the other arm. that blew. hard to get out of bed on the left without your left arm. and then as soon as i’d get to sleep the 4 am nurse would come in to draw blood. forget sleeping after that. i wish you later nurses and better tv

| November 17, 2007 @ 6:41 pm

6. Swistle said,

When I was expecting the twins, the OB told me that 34 weeks was the “Magic Week”–when almost always, everything is totally fine. But lots of twins are born earlier and are also totally fine.

| November 17, 2007 @ 9:43 pm

7. SUEB0B said,

ANTM is the perfect thing for being stuck in the hospital. You can just bathe in it without guilt over wasting time…

| November 18, 2007 @ 12:08 am

Hey girl. The fam I nanny for brought their twin girls home today, after being in the nicu for 3 weeks, born at 32. And they are healthy and gorgeous! My prayers are with you!!!

| November 18, 2007 @ 4:28 am

9. Jaime said,

Oops, sorry, didn’t mean for my post to be anonymous! Be well, stephanie!

| November 18, 2007 @ 4:30 am

10. Shannon said,

OMG I had no idea. :( I hope are still baking those babies. Call me and let me know which hospital you are at please! We are thinking good thoughts for you and the girls.Hang in there.

| November 18, 2007 @ 5:43 am

11. Rivers Serenity said,

HI sweetie, i have been reading your blog for awhile until now i have not posted a comment but i wanted to let you know you are not alone. I spent a week in the hospital before i had my daughter at 28 weeks she weight 2 pounds she will be 3 years old on tuesday. I am not going to lie and say it is easy it is not it’s scary and one of the hardest things to watch your child in the Nicu, but the doctors and nurses that work the nicu are amazing. If you have a chance see if they will let you see the nicu. I hope all goes well and both your babys are born strong.

| November 18, 2007 @ 4:09 pm

12. Christine said,

I went in at around 25 wks and Ambien didn’t work for me that time. But when I was put in the hospital from around 31 wks until giving birth at 36 wks (yes, that’s over 5 weeks), the Ambien worked every single night!

| November 18, 2007 @ 5:30 pm