Please Welcome…

Sadie Wende Taylor and Matilda Mackie Taylor are here! Yes, a little ahead of schedule so that’s why I haven’t posted. I went in for my Monday appointment at the hospital and long story short was told I’d need to deliver that day. So by c-section, Sadie came out first weighing 2.6 pounds and Matilda followed at 4.3 pounds. Yes they are small but they are fierce. Sadie is breathing full on room air and Matilda is needing a little bit of help from a nose cannula but other than that they are fine. Both are in the NICU and will be there for awhile but, really, it’s not as bad as I’d worried it might be to have such small babies. I practically had a panic attack right before I had the spinal what with all the “teams” of doctors standing by waiting for the preemies. There had to be 15 doctors in the room. A team for baby A, a team for baby B (all from NICU) and my doctors, nurses and anesthesiologist. Pretty scary. But then they came out crying and I knew that was GOOD. So I got to see them for a second or two before they were whisked away for tests.

Since then I’ve been able to see them everyday and hold them too. They are so so freaking cute it’s ridiculous. Sadie (the tiny one) looks like a new kitten – which, not being a cat person, I wouldn’t have thought would be as cute as it totally is! When I look at my bigger baby Matilda, she seems like a full size newborn to me. Sure, that’s in comparison to the other one and yeah, I’ve got Percocet in my system 24/7 but still…

Okay, here’s a pic and really, it’s not as scary as it looks but this is the only picture I have easy access to at the moment. I’ll post many more. This one is Sadie, the smaller baby, and her tired but relieved momma.

Please know that I’m so grateful for everyone’s support and well wishes and I’m just soooo grateful for my beautiful, petit and healthy new girls. I hate to say it but this may be turning me into a big old sap. But don’t worry, I won’t be scrapbooking anytime soon.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on November 29, 2007 10:13 pmUncategorized62 comments

1. miserablebliss said,

WOW! Congratulations!!!! Glad to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well! YAY!!!

| November 29, 2007 @ 10:42 pm

2. Jenn said,

I am so happy for you! For the babies! For your whole family. That picture is gorgeous. You look so happy and blissful. Good job, Stef. Good job baby girls. (Love the names, by the way!)

| November 29, 2007 @ 10:43 pm

3. hello insomnia said,

Congratulations Stefanie! I need more adorable baby photos and less scrapbooking talk!

| November 29, 2007 @ 10:59 pm

4. cry it out! said,

Yeah! You’re off the couch!

Congratulations and may each day be as happy as the first. They look so cute!

Mike

| November 29, 2007 @ 11:33 pm

5. Dad Gone Mad said,

Mazel Tov, Stef! And welcome to the party, girls.

Do they have a blog yet?

| November 30, 2007 @ 12:02 am

6. Cheryl Lage said,

Beautiful babies, beautiful mama!
    The names couldn’t be more adorable…good job, Stef!
    Best wishes to the whole family!

| November 30, 2007 @ 12:18 am

7. A Mom Two Boys said,

YAY!! Congrats! Glad to hear they’re so healthy! Many HAPPY days to come!

| November 30, 2007 @ 12:57 am

8. JMC said,

Sadie is beautiful, and I love their names. Congratulations!

| November 30, 2007 @ 1:22 am

9. Trenches of Mommyhood said,

How wonderful! Many happy wishes. Get lots of sleep now while you can, momma!

| November 30, 2007 @ 1:46 am

10. Superfish said,

Congratulations!! I was thinking this was the reason you hadnt posted for a few days…

I’m so happy for you – you and Sadie both look so beautiful! I cant wait to see more photos!

| November 30, 2007 @ 1:55 am

11. Ellen said,

Congratulations! What a relief for everybody. Now grow, babies, grow!

| November 30, 2007 @ 1:57 am

12. Christine said,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You do look so happy and relieved…and Sadie looks adorable and super healthy! I’m so happy for you all.

Count me in on loving the names. My daughter came *this close* to being named Mathilda.

| November 30, 2007 @ 2:12 am

13. Jellyben said,

Congratulations! Sadie looks wonderfully cute. I look forward to seeing Matilda too.(Beautiful names, BTW.).

| November 30, 2007 @ 2:38 am

14. Misfit Hausfrau said,

Congratulations on the births! That is fantastic news! Be well.

| November 30, 2007 @ 2:44 am

15. Rattling The Kettle said,

So glad to hear they’re doing well! Forget blog, get those kids a book deal!

| November 30, 2007 @ 3:30 am

16. D. said,

Congratulations!!!!

| November 30, 2007 @ 3:47 am

17. sparklykatt said,

I’m so happy for you! Yeah for fierce babies! Can’t wait to see more pictures.

| November 30, 2007 @ 3:50 am

18. KimLookAlike said,

Delurking to say Congrats and Sadie is ADORABLE! I am glad to hear they both are healthy and doing well!

| November 30, 2007 @ 3:59 am

19. MereCat said,

Oh Joy! Oh wow, hooray! I am so excited for you… and so, so proud of you. Many, many congratulations. Oh what fun you are going to have! THank you so much for taking the time to share with us!

| November 30, 2007 @ 4:00 am

20. Antique said,

Congratulations! You look so happy But who wouldn’t be happy with a little perky-set fix and two healthy babies! Wishing you all the best.

| November 30, 2007 @ 4:01 am

21. Shannon said,

Oh thank goodness everything is o.k.! we have been thinking of (and worrying about) all of you. Sadie looks amazing. Her color is great! I know it is crazy hectic for you guys, but we have a pile o’ goodies for those sweet baby girls and I want to see more pics! Hope you are recovering quickly mama. Hugs to you all!

| November 30, 2007 @ 4:07 am

22. momomax said,

she is so beautiful and perfect. congratulations!!!!

you look so happy, what a great picture. I’m absolutely thrilled that they’re here and can’t wait for more pics.

xoxox

| November 30, 2007 @ 4:15 am

23. SUEB0B said,

I’m so glad they are here and well. Hooray!

| November 30, 2007 @ 5:04 am

24. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said,

Good job!

You sound so cheerful! When mine were in the NICU I was a trainwreck. Then again, that might just have been my personality.

| November 30, 2007 @ 5:28 am

25. Matthew said,

All right! So good to hear everything is going well.

And it’s so good to see you happy and all mommified. :)

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:24 am

(No, not scrap booking!!!!) You look seriously good in that picture. I’m not even trying to flatter. It’s just freakin’ wrong to look that good, especially after a major surgery. Anyway, congratulations, Stefanie!! I can’t remember if I’ve actually ever posted on your blog, but I couldn’t resist this time. Your babies are such gifts. Congratulations doesn’t say enough.

Peace,

Nicole

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:26 am

27. GIRL'S GONE CHILD said,

OH HOORAY! CONGRATULATIONS STEFANIE! Beautiful! Such wonderful news!

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:30 am

28. Jenée said,

Congrats on the successful delivery. I guess they decided to wait until they’re teenagers to really make you miserable. For the “little one,” Sadie looks quite good to me- slim is in at any age.

I hope you’ll be able to take them home in no time and enjoy a good bottle of Pinot Grigio (for you, the kids should wait until they’re at least three before they start drinking).

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:51 am

29. chris said,

Congrats! Good job, momma.

PS: Stop trying to flash side boob in that picture. Just because you’re in LA doesn’t mean you have to go all Lindsy Lohan.

Hang in there.

| November 30, 2007 @ 12:45 pm

30. Lil Mouse (Jill) said,

glad everything is working itself out. i check my blogs every day, so of course i think about you and send you well wishes every day. so glad you’re over 2 lbs and mostly breathing on own. that’s awesome. those are the big steps (so i’ve heard). you’ll be set to go with those little punkins in no time! hopefully by christmas, wouldnt that be a miracle!

| November 30, 2007 @ 12:54 pm

31. Melissa R. Garrett said,

Congratulations!

| November 30, 2007 @ 1:54 pm

32. Amy said,

Congratulations! I’m a new reader and have been waiting patiently to hear how you and your girls are doing and I am very happy to hear all is well!

Best wishes to you and your newly-extended fam!

| November 30, 2007 @ 5:32 pm

33. BookMomma said,

Congratulations. Been worried about you! Sound slike it went pretyy smoothly despite the anxiety and just not knowing. You are lucky and blessed!
    Adorable names too…

| November 30, 2007 @ 5:36 pm

34. heidi said,

Congrats!!! Welcome to the insane wtf world of twin mommyhood!
    p.s….don’t forget to color-code the bottles. trust me.

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:00 pm

35. Becky said,

WOOOOOHOOOO!

Welcome to the world, darling ickle ones! It’s a better place with you two in it!

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:43 pm

36. BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said,

Congrats on the new babies! Love their names. Hope you all get to go home soon.

| November 30, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

37. Michelle said,

Congrats on Sadie and Matilda! Room air and cannula are big and impressive indeed! Don’t forget you can email me if you need any words of advice/encouragement/wisdom 😉 from a micro-preemie mom who’s been through the trenches!

BananaSplit1974@aol.com
    Michelle Welch

| November 30, 2007 @ 9:04 pm

38. Catwoman said,

Gorgeous names and gorgeous babies! And damn! You make c-sections look good!

| November 30, 2007 @ 10:12 pm

39. Ali said,

congratulations! adorable names. love.
    i can’t wait to see more pictures :)

| November 30, 2007 @ 10:18 pm

40. Laural Dawn said,

They are beautiful!
    And, I love the names.
    Congratulations. I’m just so happy that you have beautiful, healthy baby girls.

| November 30, 2007 @ 11:45 pm

41. Felicia said,

Those names are great!!! I am so glad that everyone is doing so well. Congrats mommy!!!

Felicia

| December 1, 2007 @ 3:10 am

42. sarah said,

I am so very happy for you Stephanie! Congratulations and much love to your sweet little girls!!

My little man was 1.5 months early and weighed just a little more than the bigger of the two girls, so I know a bit of what you’re experiencing now.

I can’t wait to see more pictures!

| December 1, 2007 @ 7:43 am

43. queenofspainblog said,

OH HOLY HECK! Congrats! If you scrapbook, I come beat you.

| December 1, 2007 @ 4:26 pm

44. margalit said,

Congratulations! You did great. I have dischordant twins too, although mine are now 15 years old. You’re in for the ride of your life! Can’t wait to follow the babies as they grow up.

| December 1, 2007 @ 5:37 pm

45. Swistle said,

Congratulations!

| December 1, 2007 @ 9:03 pm

46. Sarcasticjournalist said,

Beautiful names. I love them. Second, I am so glad they are here and okay– I’ve been thinking about all of you.

Third, you look so happy in this photo. CONGRATS!

| December 2, 2007 @ 4:31 am

47. MelaVela said,

Congratulations, you’re my hero!

| December 2, 2007 @ 5:05 am

The names you chose are awesome. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughters. The picture is wonderful – you looked completely blissed out with baby love.

| December 2, 2007 @ 5:56 am

49. Dawn said,

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful babies! Great news, glad that they are healthy. You look great in your hospital photo!

| December 2, 2007 @ 6:13 am

50. Kyddryn said,

Congratulations!

It’s traditional, among my clan, to say “Welcome to the circle” to little ones, so…welcome to the circle!

Be strong, be well, and be blessed.

| December 2, 2007 @ 9:23 am

51. Surcie said,

Woo-hoo, Stefanie!!!! So glad all is well with you and the babes. I can’t wait to hear what Elby thinks of all this.

Surcie.typepad.com

| December 2, 2007 @ 2:56 pm

52. b*babbler said,

A very big congratulations! What a beautiful little sweet-pea!

And as a preemie mom, once you get over the mild shock of their size, the adjustment isn’t so bad. If they aren’t needing a lot of oxygen, it bodes well for getting home as quickly as possible.

Congratulations again on your wee ones!

| December 3, 2007 @ 1:30 am

53. jeanie said,

Oh congratulations from me also!

It sounds like health concerns have abated a little, which is nice – and they are beautiful names.

| December 3, 2007 @ 4:53 am

54. Rachel said,

Congratulations! Good luck with all the lactation spies this time around.

| December 3, 2007 @ 7:49 pm

55. AmyD said,

Welcome to the world, Sadie and Matilda! Good work outta you, mom! How wonderful to learn that while they are teeny tiny (and ADORABLE, as the little one clearly displays in this pic), they are healthy and ready to kick major ass. CONGRATS to your family, and best wishes to a speedy recovery that leads to home, sweet home.

| December 3, 2007 @ 9:19 pm

56. anna said,

Congratulations!! I’m so glad everything worked out well for you and your girls!

| December 4, 2007 @ 2:51 am

57. myminivanisfasterthanyours said,

Cheesecake. At this point, it’s all about cheesecake. When Crusher was in the NICU we brought the nurses a pumpkin cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Not cheap. But effective. Crusher was given VIP honors in the NICU. Hey, preemies’ pedicures aren’t going to do themselves!

Remember, the nurses run the show. Sell-out at every opportunity.

Don’t mention it. I would be happy to check back soon and offer more helpful hints.

Congratulations on your beautiful family!

| December 4, 2007 @ 5:20 am

58. Plain Jane said,

congratulations! they are beautiful!! and nice almost shot of the boob there :) just kidding- you look great…my first picture after delivery i had NO cheekbones…but you? can cut ice!

| December 5, 2007 @ 8:03 pm

59. Heza Hekele said,

You won’t be scrapbooking, but you may find yourself longing for a cat…

Congratulations!

| December 6, 2007 @ 7:20 pm

60. Slackermommy said,

Congratulations! I’m glad everyone is doing well!

| December 7, 2007 @ 3:36 pm

61. L.A. Daddy said,

Oh, now I see why you couldn’t come to my party 😉

Congrats! We’re so happy for you!

| December 14, 2007 @ 12:27 am

62. Miracle Bebe said,

Hi fellow Preemie Mom, I am Jessica, mother to a 30 weeker, Rowan my Miracle Bebe. I came across your blog and wanted you to check out mine at http://miraclebebes.blogspot.com
    I also have a very large collection (and growing) of preemie scrapbooking on my website at http://www.miraclebebe.com
    Stop by, we would love to have you in our community.
    Of course, your story would be a wonderful addition to our Preemie Journeys Pages. Email me if you would like to share.
    Hope all is well.