My Super Sweet Lesbian Fantasy Hair Cut

Remember that shampoo, Short N’ Sassy? It smelled so delicious and that just reminded me of Jean Nate ooh and and Fabrage Organics with wheat germ and honey…anyway, I started thinking about that because I’m obsessed with the idea of cutting my hair super short. Remember how Anne Heche looked back when she was a lesbian dating Ellen? She had that pixie with the fringe below her ears.

I’ve thought about doing this for years but I always chicken out. For one thing, my husband isn’t down with it. Not that my cutting my hair off would cause a feud or less sex or him leaving me for someone with hair below her ears, it just seems kind of mean to cut it all off if he likes it long. Plus, he might be forced to issue a corrective and his pimp hand is strong!
But, seriously, I’m tempted. It would be so great to not have to plan a session with my blow-dryer just to wash my hair. Especially with twins coming. And when done right it can look very hip. On the other hand, if it’s not done right, I will have definite mom hair. Being that I’m inches away from a minivan purchase, it might be an inopportune time to sport a mom-do. Next thing you know I’ll be sporting a visor, sporting a Care Bears T-shirt and some mom jeans.
So I don’t know. Should I do it? Before you advise me, something to keep in mind: I used to love that haircut Natalie Portman had in The Professional. The severe bob. I obsessed on that one until I went for it and it was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever made hair-wise (besides the time I dyed my hair jet black with Henna). My hair didn’t lay flat and looked very non life-like and much more hat-like. I’d show you a picture of it but then I’d have to kill you.
Let’s just get back to remember how great Jean Nate smells!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on October 5, 2007 6:56 pmUncategorized36 comments

1. Antique Mommy said,

Ann Heche looked SO much better with her pixie cut than her current long hair. And don’t forget about Halle Berry’s pixie, so gorgeous – but then again she could shave her head and look beautiful. Sometimes short hair is more trouble because it always needs trimmed up and the ponytail -it quietly waits.

And I really hate that I’m old enough to know what Jean Nate is. Thanks for bringing that up.

| October 5, 2007 @ 7:59 pm

2. Suzy said,

I used to have that hairdo and I used to bleach out the points, which I let grow long in the back, to platinum. I still miss that hairdo.

The best thing about that ‘do is that you can punk it out with gel. When I had that haircut, back in 1746, they didn’t have gel.

Men always prefer long hair (because they’re all gay) AND – wait for it – HAIR GROWS BACK.

| October 5, 2007 @ 9:07 pm

3. Carey said,

I think if you have the same type of hair as Anne does, then go for it. But if your hair is super thick or really wavy… then know it won’t look the same. I used to have super short hair and the one downside is that you always have to fix it (and wash it, b/c it does usually require some sort of product to maintain that cute look). Plus, you have to cut it often!! (you don’t want it growing out into a mullet – I am sure that isn’t the type of lesbian hair you were shooting for) But hey, it is only hair and it does grow back!! I say go for it :)

Also, forget the mom jeans, but def. pick up a Honda Odyssey. It rocks big time. Peppy too for a mini.

| October 5, 2007 @ 9:29 pm

4. Swistle said,

I would take a photo to my hairdresser and see what she said about it. I bring her photos and then she says tactful things like, “I think these bangs are too…SEVERE for your face. But we could SOFTEN them like THIS, and make them a little more TAPERED…?” and pretty soon we have something with the FEEL of what I wanted, but more suited to me.

But I liked long hair after the twins were born, because I could sleep on it funny and it didn’t stick up all over like short hair does. And I could pull it back.

| October 5, 2007 @ 9:33 pm

5. Stefanie said,

Suzy, you have hair similar to Anne’s so I bet it looked so cute!

Carey, you are so right. My hair is thick and wavy and is sure to look like a mullet. Plus, I don’t have wispy or delicate features and it may look horrendous. And growing hair out from that short is a looooong process.

| October 5, 2007 @ 9:33 pm

6. Cheryl Lage said,

Girl, I may be the wrong person to ask when you’re potentially swayed by hyper-hormones, but I am ALL about my short, short, uber-short, reveal my screaming-for-botox-but-not-going-there forehead horizontal creases, requiring a trim every 4 weeks (really, should do it sooner) haircut.

BUT, my husband is all about the short hair too, so that’s a nice plus…and my hair is super duper fine (as in thin, not fine like a gal of Flava Flav’s desiring)

I would consult with yer stylist of choice and get some serious bearing your hair and head in mind feedback.

Worst case scenario: I believe Zsa Zsa has some fabu wigs to ease the growing out process! 😉

And so on, and so on, and so on…
    (Old enough to remember the Faberge Organics commercial. Thanks, Stef. 😉 )

| October 5, 2007 @ 11:40 pm

7. Deb said,

Don’t do it while you’re pregnant. Trust me on this one. I have seen photos of you (no restraining order necessary — yet), and you can absolutely work that cut when you’re not pregnant, but NO ONE can be pregnant, much less with twins, and not look bad with a ‘do that short.

| October 6, 2007 @ 3:57 am

8. Jenee said,

In all honesty, I’m not sure if that cut would work for you. The people who carry it off usually have tiny delicate features whereas your big eyes and smile might look unbalanced with it. I do think a fuller version of it with long bangs pushed back from your face could look great on you.

If you’re Photoshop savvy, try out the style online before you cut. There’s probably even a website where you can insert your photo and check out various styles.

| October 6, 2007 @ 10:47 am

9. just4ofus said,

I have curly hair and made the mistake of going short a decade ago.
    However, it did look cute, it involved a lot of work each day to maintain b/c of the curl/wave.
    Only attempt if you have stick strait hair, otherwise you will have to invest in hats or hillbilly doo-rags.
    Oh and it is a PIA to grow back out.

| October 6, 2007 @ 1:41 pm

10. Lil Mouse (Jill) said,

i might point out that if you have a regular stylist, that between the 2 of you, you should be able to come up with a compromise of some sort. that’s why they have the BIG books of hairstyles. and since you know your hair best, you’ll be able to decide what’s right for you. I’ve had increasingly shorter haircuts since i got married, my husband loves me with long hair, but mine is thick and fine, which means as soon as i walk outside in even a slight breeze, the top layer is tangled beyond recognition, and since its stick straight, curling or trying to put in a ponytail doesnt work well either. it’s just too heavy and falls out. so i went shorter. now it wisps at my neckline and i have bangs i sweep to the side. i run a little texture cream through it, tuck my wispy hair behind my ears (i wear glasses) and spritz a minimum amount of hairspray. hair and make up take me 5 minutes. i knew fully well that in having kids it would mean my appearance would come last. its why i’ve built up a wardrobe of basic staples that look good. and got rid of all the “mom jeans” which is all they used to sell in discount stores near me…now here’s hoping that once i have kids i’ll still fit into them :-) the answer is simple really, i mean, hair DOES grow back. look at some hair books and talk to your stylist. you can always go a few inches at a time :-)

| October 7, 2007 @ 12:04 pm

11. Matthew said,

If I recall correctly, since you are pregnant with twins, your husband has no say in anything whatsoever. At least that’s what my wife told me.

That being said, life’s too short to worry about hair. Get the haircut – I’m sure you’ll look great.

| October 7, 2007 @ 2:32 pm

12. Laural Dawn said,

I say DON’T do it! Actually, i don’t really know what you look like, but I’m assuming your hair is longish?

when my son was little I went to a mall salon and their layers were actually a horrendous mullett so I went back to my beloved-but-overpriced stylist who said I had no choice but to go short.

It was cute, but the problem was that there was no pulling it back into a ponytails or leaving it for a day. I was always fixing it so it looked cute and carefree. And I only had one baby to worry about.

I keep seeing the bob that is back in (at least it is here it Toronto) and I want it – but I know it’s more work than long hair.

I think unless you go super short so you really don’t have to do anything it’s a hassle.

And as for your husband not liking it. I totally get that. My husband is the same. I will totally do what I feel like with my hair regardless, but I kind of prefer him thinking I’m hot than thinking he’s just going to shut up about how he hates my hair.

| October 7, 2007 @ 3:31 pm

13. Anne said,

I have a hair cut like Ann Heche’s sort of, but more on top,longer bangs and it covers my ears so i put it behind my My hair is thick,somewhat course, with a little wave/friz. Some days it looks like a helmet. I have to say though, it dries fast and actually is easier to take care of than long hair. I ignore my husband. I think Swistle had some good advice.

| October 7, 2007 @ 4:58 pm

14. Stefanie said,

You guys all make good points. I think, if I’m honest with myself, that I will have helmut head more often than not. The fantasy is to wake up spray a little water in it, add some gel and voila, movie star hair but that will never happen. And now that my hair is finally growing out of one of the worst cuts I’ve ever had, I should probably just enjoy it long for awhile. Oh well. Someday.

| October 7, 2007 @ 5:15 pm

15. zellmer said,

Now I have that old commercial in my head. “And they told two friends, and they told two friends. And so on. And so on…”

F it. Cut your hair off. It’ll be liberating. And grow back.

| October 8, 2007 @ 1:45 am

16. Amy said,

I’m currently debating almost the same thing. My hubs is all for it (odd, I know) and I can’t figure out why I’m hesitating. Not that my hair is long now, it’s about chin length now, but I’m considering going much, much shorter.

| October 8, 2007 @ 4:08 pm

17. Mommin' It Up! said,

Well, if you DO get the MOM JEANS, make sure to get acid wash!!

| October 9, 2007 @ 12:23 am

18. Tickled Pink & Green said,

One thing to know about Anne Heche is…oh wait.

| October 9, 2007 @ 6:01 am

19. Emily said,

I love that haircut… but I think I read somewhere that one should never get a drastic cut while pregnant. It’s kind of like how yesterday morning I thought it sounded like a good idea to eat three donuts, but later that afternoon I was wishing I hadn’t. (Hmm.. donuts. I wonder if there are any left…)

| October 9, 2007 @ 12:58 pm

20. Christine said,

DO NOT do it! I made the very same mistake when I was pregnant with my son and I cannot tell you how much I regretted it. Found face + short hair = basketball head.

At least that’s how it ended up for me.

| October 9, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

21. surcie said,

Major hair experiments during pregnancy = bad, bad, very bad.

My mother-in-law still uses Jean Nate. She visited 5 months ago, but I swear I can still smell it in the guest room.

| October 10, 2007 @ 1:43 pm

22. Susan said,

I have that cut and I LOVE it (I actually carry a picture of Lesbian Anne Heche to show my stylist). BUT! I also have a lot of very fine hair, absolutely NO ability to operate a blow dryer without hurting someone, and a fascination with wax-based hair product that might border on a fetish.

Short short hair isn’t necessarily LESS maintenance, it’s just DIFFERENT maintenance. I don’t shampoo every day but I DO use a lot of product. I don’t blow dry, but I do have to get a cut ever four weeks, and don’t even get me started about color. You get the idea. If you’ve got a groove you’re good with now, stick with it; twins is enough of a change.

Okay then! That’s all!

| October 10, 2007 @ 2:16 pm

23. becky said,

When I was pregnant with my first, I got a super short haircut, which I later determined made me look strikingly like pinhead.

Those pictures have been burned long ago.

| October 10, 2007 @ 7:02 pm

24. Mitzi Green said,

promise me you’ll do it ONLY if you have thick hair (that can handle a short cut like that) and your hairdresser says “why, yes, of course you can pull off that exact look with minimal muss and fuss on a daily basis without investing bank in product.”

i have thinning, fine, naturally curly hair, and it will never move past the bottom of my ears again.

| October 10, 2007 @ 9:29 pm

25. Stacy said,

Jean Nate? I see your Jean Nate and raise you a Love’s Baby Soft…

| October 10, 2007 @ 10:42 pm

26. Anne Glamore said,

Some people look better with short hair (Halle Berry) and I am one of them. The key is to have the right cut and color and products and to make sure it doesn’t look matronly.

I find that it takes about 3 days after a cut to figure out how to work it up right, and that it always looks better after it’s been slept on, for some reason, so it’s less work.

Tea Leoni has some ads out for god jewelry in mags with a great cut. I think layers are key although I’m doing a variation on the posh right now. My hair grows like a weed.

Good luck!!

| October 11, 2007 @ 5:30 pm

27. Denise Thomas said,

DON’T DO IT!!!!!!!

I did it before I had my monsters I mean delightful twins and when I look at pictures of myself I looked totally BUTCH!!! Of course, that wouldn’t happen to you because you’re gorgeous and I look like a horse, but you should still not do it!!! Stef you are seriously gorgeous, don’t mess around with it.

| October 13, 2007 @ 5:47 pm

28. allison said,

I always think it is courting disaster to go to a drastic new ‘do with baby/ies on the way. I just don’t think clearly when pregnant. Good luck!

| October 16, 2007 @ 1:12 pm

29. Ashley said,

DO NOT MAKE MAJOR HAIR DECISIONS WHILE PREGNANT.

Some crazy hormone crap starts happening and impairs your judgment. I don’t know if you could pull it off or not because I haven’t seen pics but just earlier today I was hating my mother for that pixie cut she made me get in 3rd grade.

Definite risk of mom hair.

| October 17, 2007 @ 1:05 am

30. Cammy said,

I’ve had that hair cut and it was a lot more work than my long wash-n-go hair. Then again, babies can’t grab that hair and fill it with mysterious goodies or yank it out.

| October 17, 2007 @ 4:36 pm

31. Mom101 said,

We frizzy haired girls never even get to entertain such fantasies. I don’t get to look at cute little Meg Ryan or Anne Heche hair for inspiration. More like Greg Brady with his perm.

| October 19, 2007 @ 3:48 am

32. Crabmommy said,

Oooh! Jean Nate!
    And Bonne Belle lip balms. Do you remember those, girls?

Haircuts. I think highly important as moms not to have Mom Hair. Meaning, hair that you loathe to distraction because it is so dull and utterly un-you that you can’t stand it.

Having said that, who among us has time or money for funky high-maint haircuts? Yet there are moments when a haircut can save you from feeling as though you have gone so deep down the rabbit hole of momhood that you fear you shall never come out and will permanently remain a person in purple drawstring sweatpants with a no-nonsense ponytail.

Hence. Getting the cut.

I say just get it. You may wake up th next day looking more like Keith Richards than Anne Heche but in the end, who gives a fig. You’re still going for something fun and that spirit in you alone is worth celebrating.

Note to anyone interested: I blogged about Mom-hair on my personal Crabmmomy website and how I went to a hair stylist and asked him to make me into a cartoon character, Japanimation style. He did. I loved it. The next morning…not so good. But I still don’t care. At least I have an IDEA of myself that isn’t all about a dull Momcut.

Or so I tell myself when I spot my mullet in the mirror.

If you care to read…it’s at crabmommy.blogspot.com. In the Septmber archives see “Sept Schwag and a Crabmom’s New Shag.”

| October 19, 2007 @ 4:42 pm

As a hetero guy, I thought Anne Heche looked god-awful with short hair. 90% of chicks are hotter and younger looking with long hair, even over 40 or 50. My wife’s hair is waist length, and I help her all the time so it stays long. Maybe recruit your own guys for this chore if they are nutz about long hair? Rob

| October 19, 2007 @ 8:55 pm

34. Jill said,

Don’t do it when you’re pregnant. Right after you have the babies you’ll feel chunky and won’t have time to style it. TRUST ME. I did it with baby #2 and my cute hip style did indeed look like “Mom Hair” most of the time! Wait a few months until the babies are older and summer is upon us.

As for Jean Nate-I’m tempted to go buy a bottle and sniff it just to take a trip down memory lane!

I used to SPLASH it on myself, just like the commercial!

| November 2, 2007 @ 11:54 pm

35. hairstyles for fine hair said,

companies marketing mineral makeups and also get the best bargains in mineral makeup you can imagine,
    find aout how to consolidate your students loans or just how to lower your acual rates.,
    looking for breast enlargements? in Rochester,
    homeopathy for eczema learn about it.,
    Allergies, information about lipitor,
    save big with great bargains in mineral makeup,

change edition interviewing motivational people preparing second

interviewing motivational people preparing second time

interviewing people motivational preparing for a second time

black mold exposure

black mold exposure symptoms

black mold symptoms of exposure

free job interview questions

free job interview answers

interview answers to get a job

lookfor hair styles for fine thin hair

search hair styles for fine thin hair

hair styles for fine thin hair

beach resort in the philippines

great beach resort in the philippines

luxury beach resort in the philippines
    iron garden gates, here,
    iron garden gates,
    wrought iron garden gates
    , here
    wrought iron garden gates
    You: The Owner’s Manual: An Insider’s Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger
    answer from more much,
    eat eating mindless more than think we we why
    la times classified,
    new york times classified

texturizer,
    texturizers here,
    black hair texturizer,
    find aout how care curly hair,
    find about how to care curly hair,
    care curly hair,
    lipitor rash,
    lipitor reactions,
    new house ventura california,
    the house new houston tx,
    new house washington dc,
    new house washington dc,
    new house ventura california,
    the house new houston tx,
    the house new houston tx, that you ar looking for,
    new house ventura california, you need to buy,
    new house washington dc,

digestion healing healthy heartburn natural preventing way

digestion healing healthy heartburn natural preventing way

Allergies, lipitor rash,
    alcohol rash,
    lipitor and alcohol,
    lipitor alcohol,

natural remedies to aid healing of esophagus

chicory heartburn

effectiveness of zocor vs. lipitor

chocolate esophagus
    southwestern wrought iron yard gate,
    exterior iron gates,
    oriental wrought iron gates,
    powder coated iron garden fencing,

| November 22, 2007 @ 12:55 pm

36. thin hair said,

black mold exposure,black mold symptoms of exposure,wrought iron garden gates,your next iron garden gates, here,hair styles for fine thin hair,search hair styles for fine thin hair,night vision binoculars,buy, night vision binoculars,lipitor reactions,lipitor reactions,luxury beach resort in the philippines,beach resort in the philippines,homeopathy for baby eczema.,homeopathy for baby eczema.,save big with great mineral makeup bargains,companies marketing mineral makeups,prodam iphone praha,Apple prodam iphone praha,iphone clone cect manual,manual for iphone clone cect,fero 52 binoculars night vision,fero 52 night vision,best night vision binoculars,buy, best night vision binoculars,computer programs to make photo albums,computer programs, make photo albums,free printable tax forms,printable tax forms, free here,craftmatic adjustable air bedcraftmatic adjustable air bed, info hereboyd night air bedboyd night air bed, low priceair bed in wisconsinbest air beds in wisconsincloud air inflatable bedbest cloud air inflatable bedsportable sealy air bedportables, sealy air bedsaluminum rv luggage racksaluminum made, rv luggage racksair bed form raisedbest air beds form raisedsupport equipments aircraftbest support equipments for aircraftsinformercials bed airbest, informercials bed airmattress sized air bedsbest mattress sized air bedantique doorknob identificationantique doorknob, identification tipstroubleshooting dvd playertroubleshooting with the dvd playerflat panel television lcd versus plasmaflat panel television, lcd versus plasma pic the bestcauses of economic recessionwhat are the causes of economic recessionbed air foam adjustablebed air adjustable foam hoof prints antique and unusual equestrian printshoof prints, antique equestrian printsbuy adjustable air bedbuy the best adjustable air bedsair bedscanadian storesair beds, cheap canadian stores

| April 18, 2008 @ 8:16 pm