Tomorrow on Today

So, my belly and I are off to NY tomorrow to do the Today Show on Tuesday. I really don’t know what to expect because I’m sort of getting used to my place as the Cocktail Mommy and now I’ll be talking about, well, more serious shit…and shit. Wow, can I even get through one paragraph without swearing? I guess not.

Elby got her big girl bed today and is sleeping in it for the first time ever tonight. Oh my God I don’t think there has been a cuter moment in my mothering history than the look on her face when she got in it and pulled up the covers. Which of course will lead to her least cute moment which will be every night from here on out when she climbs out of her bed and into ours at 4:00 a.m. But for now, she’s fast asleep.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on July 9, 2007 5:54 amUncategorized19 comments

1. TastesLikeCrazy said,

Good luck with the Today Show and good luck with Elby and her new bed. I hope it’s fairly painless on both accounts.

| July 9, 2007 @ 1:37 pm

2. Kerry said,

Hope Elby stays in her new bed! We put my 2 year-old in a toddler bed a few months ago and I was amazed at how smooth it went.

| July 9, 2007 @ 5:19 pm

3. Christine said,

OOOOOOOOhhhh! I’m so excited to see you! How pathetic does that make me?

Break a leg!

| July 9, 2007 @ 6:11 pm

4. zellmer said,

Me, too. So excited to see you. Just finished your book. It was my absolute favorite. I should have just read that instead of Sears, and What to Expect…the boring ones that made me go temporarily neurotic on myself.
    Good luck in NY. Pack light. It’s f’in hot up there.

| July 9, 2007 @ 6:33 pm

5. Mrs. Chicken said,

good luck!

| July 9, 2007 @ 9:38 pm

6. Suzy said,

Good luck on the Today Show. They’re lucky to have you.

I need a big girl bed too.

| July 9, 2007 @ 11:30 pm

7. In the Trenches of Mommyhood said,

Good luck! Will try to watch. Will they bleep you if you slip and swear?

| July 10, 2007 @ 12:39 am

8. LaLa said,

Good luck tomorrow..oh, and tonight with Miss Elby!

| July 10, 2007 @ 1:12 am

9. Ann said,

Wow! That’s exciting! This twinmom is going to have to TiVo it, though! Looking forward to seeing you! Good luck and have fun!

Ann

| July 10, 2007 @ 1:59 am

10. doublees said,

Best of luck on the today show, sounds great!

| July 10, 2007 @ 6:08 am

11. Y said,

Did I miss it? I can’t believe I missed it.

| July 10, 2007 @ 3:53 pm

12. Domestic Slackstress said,

How do you score these great Today Show gigs? Soooo jealous. I admit it. I’m shallow like that. I guess I have to put my money where my big mouth is and actually write the book I’m “supposed” to write. Green with envy … But also with respect. Good luck. From the fellow L.A. mom blogger you met at the L.A. Blogger Party.

| July 10, 2007 @ 4:24 pm

13. zellmer said,

I watched you this morning and you looked awesome. And good for you for not agreeing with those fat head dudes. Also, I loved how you said “sucked” and Matt Lauer changed it to “stink.” I used to have a crush on Matt Lauer, but now I think he’s a f’ing dork.
    Anyway, good for you.
    p.s. You don’t even look preggers yet? How far along are you?

| July 10, 2007 @ 6:22 pm

14. Jenn said,

The Hell? More notice, BFF. *grin*

Hopefully it got youtubed by someone. AHEM.

Cannot wait to see how awesome you look, my friend!

| July 10, 2007 @ 11:24 pm

15. CM said,

I’m so glad you will be on the today show again!! looking forward to it.

| July 11, 2007 @ 2:41 am

16. andi said,

Two words – baby gate. That helped me cut down on the 4 am visits quite nicely.

Oh, and good luck on The Today Show.

| July 11, 2007 @ 5:51 am

17. Mert said,

LOL! Oh yeah, the 4 am creep… that didn’t sound right my 6 yr old isn’t a creep!?

You know what I mean… only now we have 2 of them trying to get in our bed.

I bet that was cute to see your daughter pull those covers up:D

| July 11, 2007 @ 2:23 pm

18. Melissa R. Garrett said,

I saw you on Today again and had to stop by to congratulate you, as Matt made reference to your pregnancy. And then I find out you are expecting two ~ WOW!

I don’t know anything about raising twins, but I do know a lot about raising three kids. Stop by soon :-)

| July 11, 2007 @ 6:58 pm

19. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said,

Crap. If I read blogs in a more timely fashion I could have checked the three of you out.

(I loved being pregnant with twins and being able to refer to myself as “The Three of Us”.)

| July 11, 2007 @ 7:10 pm