I Love You, Tiki Barber!

At the risk of sounding like a whipped mommy, I have to admit that now that my daughter is two and a half (counting down to three), I miss her like crazy even if I’m only gone for one day. Is that weird? When she was younger, as much as I felt guilty about it, I was thrilled to be away for a few days. Being baby-free was absolute bliss. Having a meal in peace, taking a shower uninterrupted, watching something on TV that wasn’t Dora, actually having the opportunity to masturbate (although, lacking the energy). Grown-up stuff!!

But now that she’s in her extremely good company phase, I want to be the one who reads her “I Like Me” for the eightieth time this week. I want to watch her play with her Diego doll in the tub and I want to personally microwave her Dino Nuggets! Me! Momma! It seems like she changes every single day and if you’re gone for one day you miss stuff.

Oh well, it was worth it. It was the Today Show after all. I don’t know if you saw it but I didn’t really talk much. I found out at the last minute that the writer of the New York Times article on over praising kids and I would be interviewed by Tiki Barber -hang on…I have to fantasize for a minute -okay I’m back and Matt Lauer. I don’t know why Matt was in the segment. I’m thinking he was like training wheels for Tiki but it made for too many people in a three minute segment. Me, being a woman, was afraid to interrupt and so never got to comment much until I realized that unless I jumped in I would be part of the segment at all. You live and learn. Next time I’ll be totally aggressive.

After I did the show, I went and met Momomax for chocolate and coffee. She treated me which was so nice since the bill for our minute amount of delicacies was almost fifty bucks! I don’t know why Angie doesn’t have a picture of herself on her site cause she is gorgeous! Right when we were leaving, Angie spotted Ann Curry enjoying a little post show, no make-up, sweatpants, walk down 6th Ave (which is also Avenue of the Americas for my future reference and so that you never walk six blocks out of your way looking for it like I did). Of course I had to walk right up to Ann and introduce myself like a douche because I JUST DID THE SHOW, ANN! She was actually quite gracious and she’s lovely in person. I believe she’s fifty but my husband says he’d totally do her so there’s hope for all of us!

And now I must jam out the rest of my book.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on July 11, 2007 6:05 pmUncategorized19 comments

1. Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said,

TIKI BARBER????

I am so jealous.

You rule.

| July 11, 2007 @ 7:50 pm

2. LaLa said,

Tiki looked hot on the show…..lucky you. I know what you mean about this age…mine will be 3 in Oct. and she amazes me each day with something new.

| July 11, 2007 @ 9:09 pm

3. Christine said,

I watched the show…the guy next to you was quick at jumping in. It must have been hard to interject.

But you were awesome; it was fun seeing you.

And WOW…Tiki…yuuuuuuuuuuum.

| July 11, 2007 @ 9:27 pm

4. L.A. Daddy said,

Tiki. Cool. You should’ve told him he was a wimp for hanging it up too soon.

I miss the little booger now, too. I think it’s because she’s a little more self-reliant now and doesn’t need me. Which makes me want to be ’round her more since she doesn’t. I’m lame.

| July 11, 2007 @ 11:31 pm

5. zellmer said,

Yeah, I felt sorry for Matt. No man should ever have to sit next to Tiki Barber. It reminded me of that deliciously scandalous movie where Jude Law was made to look elfish after being cast opposite Clive Owen. Mmmmmmmmm, Tiki Barber.
    Mmmmmmmmm, Clive Owen.

| July 12, 2007 @ 3:19 am

6. momomax said,

It was so nice to meet you!

I watched the show later. You were totally on top of it. Can’t even remember what the other guy said.

| July 12, 2007 @ 6:30 am

7. TastesLikeCrazy said,

I just read Momomax’s account of the whole deal and there are a couple of discrepancies. :)

I thought you did really well but I can understand what you mean about just jumping in next time.
    It was kind of fun to put a face with a blog.

| July 12, 2007 @ 1:23 pm

8. Amy said,

I MISSED THE TODAY SHOW – can you post the clip on your blog?

WAH WAH!

| July 12, 2007 @ 8:32 pm

9. surcie said,

I’ve been on vacation and totally missed the post in which you said you’re pregnant with twins! (I kept reading thinking you were going to say you were only kidding.) Dude, the material you’ll have! Congratulations and happy/healthy pregnancy.

| July 13, 2007 @ 1:43 pm

10. Catwoman said,

I love me some Tiki Barber.

I missed the segment, since I leave for work right after Today starts, but I’m assuming that the puddle of drool on your lap wasn’t too noticeable, even in HD?

| July 13, 2007 @ 9:33 pm

11. gmcountrymama said,

I’m sorry, I had to ask my husband who Tiki Barber was. Loved you on the show though!

| July 17, 2007 @ 3:11 am

12. Jess Riley said,

Okay, I just caught up. You’re having TWINS?!?! Wow. Congratulations!!! And you’re working on a new book? Details, you!

Off to google Tiki Barber, because I live under a rock.

| July 20, 2007 @ 10:10 pm

13. Lisa said,

I missed the segment also! Is there a clip anywhere we can watch??

LOOOOOOVE Tiki. The Giants are going to really suck now. Ergh. Matt Lauer too, though?? MMMMM! That’s got to be something!

BTW, finally got your book yesterday. Read it at the pool, and must have looked like an idiot laughing out loud on a regular basis.

| July 23, 2007 @ 2:20 pm

14. Haley-O said,

Wow! You’ve been really busy! I wish I’d seen that Today Show segment!

| July 23, 2007 @ 5:18 pm

15. Mama Zen said,

Tiki Barber . . .damn! Now THAT’S the way to start your morning!

| July 23, 2007 @ 6:04 pm

16. Emily said,

I couldn’t agree with you more about hating to leave now more than I did a couple years ago… my daughter is three and she’s just so much FUN now.

I really enjoy your site!

| July 24, 2007 @ 2:33 pm

17. Kevin Charnas said,

I am SO ENVIOUS!!! I want to have a 2 1/2 year old daughter to read “I Like Me” for the eightieth time in a week…ugh…

My clock is tickin’ so frickin’ loud.

And I think Ann is hot. I’m gay and I’d do her.

Happy writing, baby…hope that it’s going swell. :)

| July 24, 2007 @ 9:15 pm

18. Y said,

OMG UPDATE!

😉

| July 25, 2007 @ 2:41 pm

19. sarah said,

It is July 28th! Where ARE you??!

| July 29, 2007 @ 12:48 am