Blogger and Cheese and Booze Oh My

How sad is it that the highlight of my evenings these days is cheese? Don’t answer that. Thank God the other night I was given the opportunity to eat cheese at another locale – the LA Blogger’s party – hosted by L.A. Daddy. I was whisked there in style by my friend Kim from House of Prince who is honestly one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. That is if you meet her, which you probably won’t, which sucks for you. As I’ve mentioned, there was cheese and these little bagel pizza bites and a fruit salad that was so good I almost needed to be hospitalized from eating too much. I forgot who made it but, damn, I think you’ve found your calling, Fruit Lady!

So, my favorite part of the night was hanging out with Marsha from Sweatpantsmom reminiscing about the things that made the seventies so great: Corkies, Dittos, growing up in LA where you can recognize your very own street in movies and whether or not cocaine is still relevant and patting ourselves on the back for not becoming crack ho’s at an early age. I fully intend to force her and her awesome husband, Rigel, to be friends with me. Hey, I apparently already bossed her into adding me to her blogroll so a full blown friendship can’t be out of my grasp.

There were other bloggers there as well such as The Red Stapler. Let me just tell you that her Stapler is very aggressive. I’m just saying it texted me all the way home. Back off Red, I’m married.

Obviously there were other bloggers there that I’d heard of but never met and who definitely didn’t have faces just for blogging – 8 Centimeters Deluded comes to mind plus Debra from Write Write Baby!

Did I mention how much cheese I ate?

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on June 4, 2007 8:36 pmUncategorized15 comments

1. Whit said,

I still can’t believe how awkward it was finding you and the stapler in the hot tub. Gin is funny, ain’t it?

Nice to meet you as well.

PS- I like cheese also.

| June 4, 2007 @ 9:24 pm

2. Stefanie said,

What I find disconcerting is how much better the stapler looked in a bathing suit.

| June 4, 2007 @ 9:27 pm

3. tarametblog said,

Sorry we didn’t really get a chance to meet at the party but I recognize your book title (cute) and Kim called you a comedian with a capital C.

| June 4, 2007 @ 9:59 pm

4. sweatpantsmom said,

You rock.

I had so much fun finally meeting you, and watching you eat cheese – I mean, talking to you.

I’m just writing my post-party wrap up and saw yours – yours is better so I’m just going to cut and paste and say I wrote it, if you don’t mind.

Sushi and bourbon soon?

(I’m still laughing at your stapler comment on L.A. Daddy’s post.)

| June 4, 2007 @ 11:02 pm

5. Y said,

Thanks for calling and reminding me!

Kidding. I didn’t go by choice. I mean, because things “came up.”

I’ve met Kim and you’re right, she IS one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I do feel so lucky.

| June 4, 2007 @ 11:31 pm

6. gmcountrymama said,

Oh, so not fair, I want to go to a blogger party! Do you think there are any in Vermont? We have awesome cheese.

| June 5, 2007 @ 12:56 am

7. Jane is Dating said,

everyfreakingone is having a stupid reunion!! WHO WILL COME TO TN?!? NO ONE!! WHY? BEcause this state sucks the big A**!!!! Ugh! and what is this about stapler?!?!?! are there pics?

| June 5, 2007 @ 2:33 am

8. SUEB0B said,

The Stapler is cheating on me?? Fucking shit!! After all I have done for it!

I lusted after the cheese platter, but there was always someone blocking my way to it and I was too embarassed to shove them out of the way and show what a cheese whore I am. I seriously considered it, though.

| June 5, 2007 @ 2:37 am

9. Domestic Slackstress said,

Hey, I’m jealous about the stapler. How many speeds does that little red mo fo have anyway? I must have a few extra batteries kicking around my bedside drawer. Shoot.

| June 5, 2007 @ 3:24 am

10. Kevin Charnas said,

You are in so much trouble I don’t even know where to begin! You’re not getting away from me next time, lady! I have no idea who you are, but I fully intend on finding out, ESPECIALLY because of the food comment you left on my blog. We’re related somehow.

I want to marry cheese. And Doritos too. But, it’s against the law. So, for now, I live in sin.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to getting to know you. And I was thinking of planning something up here in Santa Barbara in the next few months. Marsha and I were talking about it at the party. And come to think of it, it was her idea.

Okay, now SHE’S IN SO MUCH TROUBLE I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN!

So, I’ll end.

| June 5, 2007 @ 3:25 am

11. Suburban Oblivion said,

I’ve got to get all the southeast ladies organized, y’all are putting us to shame!

| June 5, 2007 @ 2:45 pm

12. dana said,

I saw the photos from the party at Suebob’s place. Very fun time!

| June 5, 2007 @ 3:15 pm

13. Kevin Charnas said,

I hope that you don’t mind that I implicated you in a love/food triangle.

| June 5, 2007 @ 9:35 pm

14. Jess Riley said,

I think Jane and I need to organize a midwestern blogging party, where we will have pig races and funnel cakes. And the party will BE in a cheese factory.

But seriously? You look AMAZING in the party photos.

| June 6, 2007 @ 2:56 pm

15. Dew said,

It is I, the Fruit Lady, and I’m seriously considering renaming my blog now.

It was lovely to meet you, Stefanie, and you looked FABULOUS, not least b/c of the secret you’re hiding, you glamourpuss, you!

| June 26, 2007 @ 8:17 pm