Jordin Sparks vs. Blake Eeeewis

It just wouldn’t be right if the day of the biggest event in live television didn’t make an appearance on my blog. Obviously if I’d been a blogger when Buzz walked on the moon I would’ve told you my thoughts and feelings on that so why should this be much different? Well, besides the fact that I stopped caring who won many weeks ago. It’s sad when you actually give a hoo-ha who the guest host is and not so much a shit who’s left in the competition.

At this point I almost wish I treated Idol like I treat my TV step-child, The Bachelor. Go ahead and suck all you want, Bach, I will not be tuning into you until the final rose. Sure I care about you! I legally adopted you didn’t I? Quit whining. I used to watch all your episodes but I was disappointed every time. Somehow, I’m still slightly invested in whether the Bach is going to piss out and hand out a “promise” ring. Yeah, promise to pretend to acknowledge your existance until the show is over and then date the one (more like twelve) with the fake knockers from the show who were dumb as a spice rack.

Let me tell you, this plan worked out perfectly. I didn’t know either of the women at the final rose ceremony and watching the “hunky” bachelor was painful but at least the fucker got on one knee and proposed. Whether or not they’ll marry remains to be seen. I’m sure they won’t but I like the sack on a guy who agrees to go on a show about getting MARRIED and actually proposes.

So back to Idol. Can you feel the excitement in the air? Will the winner be Blake and his goat sounds or the ever grinning, perfectly decent, Jordin. Will Ryan’s hair have more highlights? How many highlights can you have before your hair just burns clean off? Clearly it will be Jordin. But I won’t be buying her CD.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 23, 2007 2:18 pmUncategorized5 comments

1. Catwoman said,

I couldn’t care less who won either. And I’ll whine the entire time that I only care about the final 30 seconds of the show instead of the lame Ford commercials “starring” people whose names I won’t remember in a month.

But not watch? Well that wouldn’t even cross my mind.

And I wouldn’t even download Blake or Jordin’s albums illegally.

By the way, loved your book and so glad I found your blog! How are you not getting hundreds of comments???

| May 23, 2007 @ 9:55 pm

2. Michele R said,

Of course, Jordin won. I must say my excitement level dropped considerably after Melinda was voted off last week.

My main dilemma was the fact that the season finale of “Lost” was scheduled 9-11, while AI was 8-10.

So I tuned in at 9:55, and was there until 10:05. Those programmers at Fox are so sneaky!

| May 24, 2007 @ 3:54 am

3. Mom101 said,

Here’s how out of it I am…you’re talking about a great live tv event and all I can think of is: congressional judiciary panel hearings?

| May 24, 2007 @ 3:35 pm

4. Laural said,

I knew you would post about this. I had to see what you would say. I usually get wrapped up in A.I., but I just wasn’t into it. Once they kicked off the scandalous Antonella (I kind of liked her) and Sanjaya it got a little dull.
    I have to admit I was totally into America’s Next Top Model this season, but it sucked at the end too.

| May 24, 2007 @ 11:04 pm

5. momomax said,

here’s where we part ways…on ai only. I like eeewis. there, I said it.

| June 1, 2007 @ 4:07 am