So Long Sanjaya, We Hardly Knew Ya

God damn I was lovin’ me some Sanjaya. Why did he have to go? Why would a loving God kick Sanjaya off the show when it was clear he was the most entertaining to watch? Sort of like following Brit through rehab, Angelina through adoptions or Pam Anderson through breast implants, you never knew what you were going to get.
Don’t get me wrong, It would’ve been unfair for Kiki to get 86’d, but then again, I’m fickle. I loved her madly…for about a month, but I’ve grown a little tired of her sourpuss face and excess boobage. So, I wouldn’t have shed too many tears if she’d gotten the boot. Plus, you know she’ll have a career no matter what. I’m sure they’ll be a revival of Hair on Broadway and we’ll see Kiki kicking it nude to sold out houses. I’m not worried.
What I am worried about is Blake. I realize a lot of you out there have some weird love for the guy but I don’t see it. He has no lips. Have you noticed that? It’s kind of like a reptile – that tongue seems like it’s going to flick out and pull a fly back with it. He creeps me out. The highlights, the sweater vests, the cum face he makes, I don’t like it. And I don’t want to see him for another two months. I think we need to crown Jordin Sparks the next American Idol and call it a day.

Is it just me or has ER jumped the shark? I don’t care about whats-her-face’s son, Alex, going to the special school. And the whole Gates and The Kid story line is wearing on my nerves. Remember when ER was good for a solid weekly cry? No more. Now I have to depend on reruns of St. Elsewhere. Another Shark jumper is Grey’s Anatomy. I don’t know when it’s coming back but I’ve lost interest anyway. I can’t put my finger on why. Maybe it’s the George as a sex symbol sleeping with Sarah Ramirez and then boning Katherine Heigl – as if that would ever happen – drunk or sober.

Questions? Comments?

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 20, 2007 7:03 pmUncategorized8 comments

1. gmcountrymama said,

I am in the minority here, I am sure, when I say I don’t watch Idol. I USED to watch ER, but the show has really changed over the past couple of years. I have no feeling for the characters anymore. Too bad. I like having a good tear jerker hospital show to watch. Now I just cry at work.

| April 20, 2007 @ 10:27 pm

2. Meegan said,

Grey’s, for me, lost it when Meredith was dead for over an hour and then came back to life. Um, what? I mean, I’m not a doctor or anything but I’m pretty sure once your body temperature is that hypothermic and your brain hasn’t received ANY oxygen for AN HOUR? You’re toast, dude. Are you watching Friday Night Lights? Best show on TV. SO good.

| April 20, 2007 @ 11:10 pm

3. Melissa R. Garrett said,

This has been the only season we haven’t watched American Idol ~ you painted such a vivid picture of Blake, though, I’ve gotta watch now.

As far as ER ~ ya, I’m totally passed out on the couch after 30 Rock. Scrubs and Er just can’t keep me awake anymore.

| April 21, 2007 @ 12:36 pm

4. surcie said,

Yes, there is something odd about Blake’s mouth. And I’ll never look at it the same way, now that you’ve said the “C” word! I don’t find him especially sexy. But I do like his sound, which is kind of a Keane/Coldplay vibe.

As for Kiki, don’t you find it interesting that Simon has never mentioned the fact that she does not smile? I think he’s afraid to say anything neg abt her look anymore.

I thought ER jumped the shark when Anthony Edwards had the brain tumor. Long and painful. I haven’t watched since.

| April 21, 2007 @ 4:11 pm

5. clickmom said,

Loved George when he had the shaggy hair puppy dog thing going on, lost interest when he cut his hair off to segway into the new look.

If I ever walked into a hospital where all the doctors were so polished looking (and the facial hair on the men? puh lease) I’d turn on my heels and hop into the first cab. Seriously.

| April 21, 2007 @ 8:53 pm

6. Candice said,

I gave up on ER once Carter was gone, didn’t even realize it was still on. I agree that Grey’s lost it after the Meredith fake death thing, they should have let her die but I have to disagree with the Blake comments, I think he is great always changing it up a bit, all the girls are too broadway and that other nasal sounding guy is awful and you know that Phil has to be going home next

| April 22, 2007 @ 10:25 pm

7. mrsfortune said,

I’m sorry, entertaining or not, I hated me some Sanjaya. But I’m with ya on the Kiki thing. And the Melinda thing is sooo old too. I mean, we get it. You’re modest. Moving on. And the Blake mouth thing, it’s been creeping me out for weeks. But the weirdest? Phil Stacey totally looks like one of those little stress-doll heads, the ones you squeeze and their head expands and the eyes pop out. Seriously.

ER is still on the air?

| April 22, 2007 @ 11:29 pm

8. Amy said,

Man I was missing you! So glad to a have a chuckle again her in my cubicle when I should be working!

| April 23, 2007 @ 8:33 pm