Today Show

I’m leaving tomorrow morning unless I get cancelled at the last minute while the car is waiting for me outside like last time. But, barring that, I will be on a plane and on the Today Show Wednesday morning. I’m sweating more than a church full of hookers but I’m sure it will be fine. I mean, it’s not like it’s an intervention right? It’s not, for sure, right? Hello? Do you guys swear this isn’t an intervention?

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 6, 2007 2:24 amUncategorized24 comments

1. Shannon said,

You will do a fabulous job I am sure! I can’t wait to hear the sassy one liners you have to fire back at them. HA!

Oh and do you get to request what they put under your name this time? I am thinking something along the lines of :
    “Stefanie Wilder-Taylor
    mother of 1,
    blogger,
    author,
    editor,
    stand up comedian. . .
    I deserve a damn glass of wine!”

Good luck girlie!

| February 6, 2007 @ 2:45 am

2. Neil said,

give ’em hell.

| February 6, 2007 @ 5:38 am

3. mad muthas said,

more fameosity? fantastic. sadly, i don’t think we’ll get it in the uk. (but, sadly, you don’t get our series either!) please post a clip.

| February 6, 2007 @ 9:49 am

4. Jenn said,

Well, it is not so much an intervention as it is a… I mean, of course it isn’t an intervention. It’s an experience.

The Bat Phone is on stand-by. Just be you and they will drop to their knees in adoration. (Or at least not beat you with copies of your book.)

Honestly, being yourself will win them over and make this a rocking success!

| February 6, 2007 @ 1:23 pm

5. the end of motherhood said,

Well, if you worked in TV, then you know that if you allow yourself to be drawn into a fight, the TV house always wins. So take a page from Dr. Whatsernames playbook and do nothing but stick to your talking points…Good luck.

| February 6, 2007 @ 2:41 pm

6. Mrs. Chicken said,

I’ll be watching. Break a leg.

| February 6, 2007 @ 3:21 pm

7. gingajoy said,

ooooh! i dare you to go on trashed out of your m.f. mind!

good luck–i know you’ll be awesome.

| February 6, 2007 @ 5:10 pm

8. gmcountrymama said,

You will do great! I hope you don’t get bumped. Hug Al for me!

| February 6, 2007 @ 9:30 pm

9. Mom101 said,

I can think of no better spokesperson for the rational, moderate, f’em-if- they-can’t-take-a-joke point of view.

Whoo!

| February 7, 2007 @ 4:47 am

10. KJ said,

“It’s not a flask at Gymboree, it’s a glass of wine.” Classic!

Any parent who gets all puffed up with righteous indignation over a glass or two of wine either needs a stiff cocktail themselves or needs to get laid more. A great showing on TODAY, Stefanie!

| February 7, 2007 @ 1:56 pm

11. Liz said,

I tuned in just in time to see the show this morning. I’m still laughing about the “each have their own beer” line.

Great job!

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:02 pm

12. Ruth Dynamite said,

YOU DID GREAT! You were funny and real and articulated the issue very well.

Thanks for representin’!

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:12 pm

13. Robes said,

Good Luck!

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:29 pm

14. Robes said,

ok, so its wendesday today not tuesday like i thought. So i’ll just add. Damn, i missed it. bet you were great. coffee needed!

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:30 pm

15. angela marie said,

Wonderful job, Stefanie! I still think that they(NBC) believe that moms should become virgins again after giving birth, but whatever.
    You handled it very well and jumped in.
    Very real, and making the jokes that Dr. Taylor doesn’t get (not sharing the beer! Funny! LOL!) just shows that I am NEVER inviting her for a playdate. Stodge.

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:49 pm

16. Kris said,

Kick as job today. Kudos from a childless drinker who can’t figure out why people think we can’t tie our own shoes after a glass of Pinot.

| February 7, 2007 @ 2:53 pm

17. Shannon said,

You did an AWESOME job. I almost peed my pants when you said “That’s not responsible drinking, they should each have their own beer.” Funniest repsonse ever!

Hope you are having some fun in NYC.

| February 7, 2007 @ 4:56 pm

18. Kaleigh said,

Great job – loved the comment that the parents should each have their own beer. Fabulous!

| February 7, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

19. m said,

This is my first time at your blog (I came via Suburban Bliss) and I wanted to say that you did a fabulous job on the Today Show. You were strong but light hearted, made excellent points and were very funny. (I especially loved the “no flasks at gymboree” comment.) Well done. I tip my pinot grigio to you!

| February 7, 2007 @ 7:50 pm

20. Danielle said,

Hi Stephanie,

Wonderful job on the Today Show this morning. You represented us all with grace and poise and a managed to make the most important point – what the HELL is the big deal here?!

Thanks for being my voice (and sounding/looking better than I sure would have!)
    -Danielle

In case you’d like to share it:

| February 7, 2007 @ 8:34 pm

21. Peeved Michelle said,

I thought you did a great job on the show. I love that you cracked up everyone on the set. Dr. Taylor looked even more ridiculous this time around because she was contradicting what she said before and she still managed to act like a robot. I know one thing for sure, she is not a fun mom.

| February 7, 2007 @ 8:46 pm

22. Y said,

I just got home and watched it.

HAHHAHAHHA

“I think they should each have their own beer.”

HAHAHAHHA.

I can’t wait until March 24th!!!!!!

| February 7, 2007 @ 9:29 pm

23. Suzy said,

Stef, as a comic you know that the hardest thing is to make the crew laugh. And you did.

I’ll add to all the other comments that the beer line was hilarious. But the best part of the beer line was your face. You looked indignant, like why would anyone share a beer? And you looked thin, which as we all know is the real important thing about a tv shot.

| February 8, 2007 @ 2:09 am

24. gingajoy said,

“I think that each parent should have their *own* beer.”

I just about pissed my pants on that one.

“Let’s stop making everything a moral issue…” AMEN. Elegantly done, Stephanie–eloquent and pointedly humorous. Loved it.

| February 8, 2007 @ 8:03 pm