Living In The Aftermath…

First off, thank you all for being so supportive after I spilled the beans about my near Anne Heche style break with reality. Travel and toddlers can do that to you. I won’t make that mistake again. NO MORE KIDS.

As one commentor suggested, I think I had a little post traumatic stress going on because I really couldn’t stop crying for about two days. Every little thing set me off and I decided that my daughter didn’t like me anymore (I really thought that) but I feel so much better now. And…I never got to tell you a totally awesome thing about my trip. I met, had dinner, got drunk and made an ass of myself with none other than Denise my east coast blogging buddy. She’s every bit as cool as I figured she would be but now I’m just sad that she doesn’t live here – where it’s warm – and we could play – that’s if she doesn’t think I’m completely nuts. I have an insecure streak as wide as Britney’s post-babies va-jay-jay.

Anyway, one other thing I thought I’d mention in case some of you don’t read my blog that often, next Friday the 12th sometime around 8:20 I’m going to be on The Today Show talking about everyone’s favorite blog topic – COCKTAIL MOMS. Yes, we’re bored of it already right? But they asked if I had a point of view on the topic and, really, is there a topic on God’s green earth I don’t have a point of view on? So, to sum it up, I told them that I prefer my playdate buds to join me in eight glasses of wine and then all pile into one of our cars without car seats and go careening around the neighborhood. OR I told them I like to have a glass of wine in the afternoon with my friends and that anyone who thinks I shouldn’t can lick my drain. I guess they thought that was a strong enough point of view and did a piece on me and a couple of my friends. So check it out if you want to see how fat I’ve gotten.

Peace out –

thanks again for the support

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 4, 2007 11:13 pmUncategorized9 comments

1. Misfit Hausfrau said,

Yay! I am glad you are feeling better, and I am off work on Friday, so I will tune in to the Today Show!

| January 6, 2007 @ 7:16 pm

2. Mom101 said,

Ooh, that’s so very cool! I’ll have to tape it – since I get in from LA at like 2 am or something I don’t know if I’ll make it up by 8:20 EST. But I won’t miss it. I bet you’re just hilarious and smashing.

| January 7, 2007 @ 6:56 pm

3. Lena said,

SWEEET. I just stumbled upon your interview at Real Savvy Moms when I was publishing my post there and you were fantastic. And skinny. *glares*

| January 8, 2007 @ 5:31 am

4. surcie said,

So glad you’re feeling more like yourself, Stef. I’ll be watching, too!

| January 10, 2007 @ 4:12 am

5. Neil said,

Just make sure you don’t start drinking those cocktails until AFTER the taping. Can’t wait to see it!

| January 10, 2007 @ 6:22 am

6. binkytown said,

I’m sorry I missed it! Did you You tube it? Did you enjoy it?

| January 10, 2007 @ 4:32 pm

7. gingajoy said,

as a woman of leisure for one more week, i will definitely try and watch it.

late comment on the airplane experience. I have so been there–transatlantic, 8 hours, with a 18 month old who screamed the entire overnight flight as people tried to sleep. To boot, I was completely alone. It was one of the most horrendous experiences of my life, and it ended with me crying with the air steward giving me a hug (as he slept for the last HALF hour of the flight).

There is hope. In a year or so, the portable DVD player will be worth its weight in gold. Our last flight–awesome (when he was just over 3).

| January 10, 2007 @ 8:58 pm

8. gmcountrymama said,

I can’t wait to see the show. I will be taping it, as I have decided to try Weight Watchers again and will be at a meeting Friday AM. Talk about FAT!

| January 12, 2007 @ 1:11 am

9. Jess Riley said,

Damn, I missed it!!!

But glad to hear you’re feeling better.

| January 15, 2007 @ 7:57 pm