ANTM

First off, I want to thank (most) everyone who commented for saying such nice things about my appearance on the Today Show. I have to say, all in all, pretty damn fun. Mostly what I thought was so kind like any normal woman is how many of you made comments about my slenderness. Here’s the funny part. I am so not that thin at all! I really had to think about this after I saw so many of your comments telling me I looked good. I had to take a cold, hard, honest look at myself. And the discovery I made was truly frightening. I mean, okay, yes I’m thin. If I were to apply to America’s Next Top Model (expect this probably next year or the year after, I mean Miss Tyra needs to chill) I would probably make it down to the last two or three. But that part is based not just on pure thinness but on thinness of character which I do have. I have been blessed with almost no acting talent whatsoever, no tolerance for standing in one pose without laughing for more than an eighth of a second and a voracious appetite for corn nuts. One of these absences of character would surely put me out of the race for first place the AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL. And then I couldn’t marry Christopher Knight and have my own reality show. I mean, maybe just maybe I could be on Surreal Life but, really, who wants the runner-up?

So, again, thanks for the compliments but until you see that they have no meaning here in the real world you’d be better just to stick with constructive criticism. Although, yeah, that would be tough to find too. I see your predicament. I feel for you.

But just know that my advantage above other ANTM hopefuls is a curse as much as a blessing. And that makes me feel very alone.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 31, 2007 6:26 amUncategorized16 comments

Please view these two videos and check out the website that follows. Even if you do not agree with all of it, we all need to have a better grasp of what truly happened on 9/11/01 in the US, 3/11/04 in Spain, and 7/7/05 in the UK. We cannot count on the Democrats to deal with the fact that criminal elements in our government were involved in 9/11. They have already unequivocally announced that impeachment of Bush is off the table. The only way for us to assure that we do not fall prey to another 9/11 is to make the truth behind 9/11 so widely known, that the traitorous perpetrators of 9/11 would be deterred from executing another false flag attack for fear that it would have the opposite effect that 9/11 had on the people. So please share this with others if you feel compelled, as I do.

documentary on World Trade Center controlled demolition

documentary on western government terror

| January 31, 2007 @ 6:37 am

You were great! We just linked to your blog from the front page of TodayShow.com.

Hope to see you soon again!

| January 31, 2007 @ 12:24 pm

Today Show Viewers Home Page todayshow.com

| January 31, 2007 @ 12:26 pm

4. Guwi said,

I know i’m arriving late to this party, but I thought the segment was very flattering to you indeed. I finally watched the video online, because even though Mr. Tivo taped it for me, that would have meant fast-forwarding too many times (through the whole Today show) and who wants to do that? I am FAR too lazy.

And by the way, what’s up with Mr. Seriousness R. Crankypants’ comment? The first one? Weren’t we talking about how great you looked? Where did 9/11 come from. I’m so confused. That is soooo like him to change the subject like that. He’s so self-centered.

I will Tivo Today on Friday again, but only because you requested it.

Au revoir

| January 31, 2007 @ 2:24 pm

5. gmcountrymama said,

Oh no, I can’t handle waiting for a surprise. Friday is a long way away. Tell me Tell me , please, I can’t stand it!

| January 31, 2007 @ 3:16 pm

6. Her Bad Mother said,

I am SO going to watch on Friday. Pull my head out of the sand and everything (the better to get that martini glass between my lips.)

| January 31, 2007 @ 4:25 pm

7. BlogWhore said,

again, u look great. i guess it is all relative…and my ass is pretty big. so, your ass looks small.

bottoms up!

| January 31, 2007 @ 6:22 pm

Melissa of SuburbanBliss has her email on her website. You might be able to contact her better that way than through the comments.

| January 31, 2007 @ 7:15 pm

9. Jess Riley said,

I too love corn nuts!!!

I am pissed at myself for not missing your appearance. But I already knew you are thin and so pretty I could puke. I mean that in the nicest ways possible.

Working on anything new bookwise?

| January 31, 2007 @ 7:18 pm

10. gingajoy said,

the thinness–i am thinking it must be the liquid diet. right? right?

| February 1, 2007 @ 12:58 am

11. Haley-O said,

Oh, I missed the show! I would have loved to have seen it!

| February 1, 2007 @ 2:08 am

12. Haley-O said,

Oh wait — it’s on on Friday again? I’ll have to check it.

| February 1, 2007 @ 2:10 am

13. Jenn said,

I’m thinking you should eBay your green shirt. I mean, think of the money you could get if you signed it and everything! *grin*

| February 1, 2007 @ 2:41 pm

14. mad muthas said,

oh i saw that – i thought you were very good. i’ve been making intermittant appearances on the bbc2 show for which we wrote the book (see blog and all will make sense – i hope). we did the filming ages ago and i have no recollection of saying half the stuff i did. could they have drugged me with ether, propper me up in a chair, and got someone to lip-synch as i snored?

| February 2, 2007 @ 5:59 pm

15. Elizabeth said,

I’ll be watching on Friday! And, I just checked a book out of the library by actress Brett Paesel called “Mommies Who Drink” about, among gother things, the author getting together with her mom friends on Friday afternoons for cocktails. Since when is that breaking news?

| February 3, 2007 @ 9:29 pm

16. MsShad said,

I’m so very confused. Melissa said on her blog that you’re GOING to be on the Today Show, your latest post is dated Tues, Jan 10th, and isn’t it Monday?

When were you on, is there a video of it anywhere, and you go again on Friday?

| February 6, 2007 @ 1:36 am