Thank You!

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my call to mom writers! First off, hot is a state of mind. We’re all hot. I mean, right now my armpits look like my front lawn when the gardener’s on an extended vacation but somewhere there’s a guy who’s really into that. So, in my mind, I’m HOT! And leg hair – please – doubly hot!

Anyway, I personally think that good writing is hotter than anything. I’ve been THIS close to a lesbian relationship based soley on what I’ve seen on the page. With this in mind, a submissions section will be coming out on the hotmomsclub.com website that will describe the different types of articles the site is looking for. But if you want to send me a movie review or music review or a short review of a product you love, do it up!

Again, in other news, I took my kidlet to a local pumpkin patch (something I honestly don’t think I knew existed before I had a child)to pick out our Halloween carving victim. On our way in we saw a happy old guy missing about 6 teeth walking with a surly looking woman sporting a neckbrace. There has to be an interesting backstory there right? As always in Los Angeles, even a pumpkin patch can be a great place to overhear inane conversation:

Blond Mom with Baby In Sling and Seven Inch Heels: I just don’t care for Dustin, the actor. The person is a different story.

Mom With Overly Defined Collar Bones and Unrealistically Skinny Arms Ignoring Three-Year-Old Whining Daughter: Mmmhmmm.

Blond Mom with Baby In Sling and Seven Inch Heels: Dustin the person, the human being, is a pleasure. But, truly, when do I get to see that?

Mom With Overly Defined Collar Bones and Unrealistically Skinny Arms Ignoring Three-Year-Old Whining Daughter: That’s hard.

Okay, who were they talking about??? Hoffman or Diamond? I just can’t let it go!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on October 22, 2006 5:13 pmUncategorized9 comments

1. Rhea said,

Hey, that was funny: THIS close to a lesbian relationship.

| October 22, 2006 @ 9:47 pm

2. stefanierj said,

Well, there’s a guy who apparently goes by just “Dustin” (a la “Cher”)who was in a TV show called For Love or Money 2, which I’m sure was the technicolor masterpeice you are imagining. That *has* to be who they were talking about.

| October 23, 2006 @ 3:14 pm

3. sweatpantsmom said,

I’m not sure which one, either, but I think we were in the same pumpkin patch.

| October 24, 2006 @ 1:13 am

4. Haley-O said,

I don’t understand the question. Maybe it’s because I’m EXHAUSTED! Being a stay-at-home-mom does that. But, an old guy with a whole lot of missing teeth with a “surly” (great word choice) woman in a neckbrace is exactly the kind of couple I’d expect to see at a pumpkin patch…especially an LA one!

| October 24, 2006 @ 2:45 am

5. Jess Riley said,

Damn, I need to get out to some local crazy person hotspots for some quality eavesdropping.

| October 24, 2006 @ 3:21 am

6. surcie said,

Diamond. He was in the news for that sex video. Maybe they were in it, too. Or maybe they were just scandalized by it. I’m pretty sure he personally gave the vid to the ‘bloids.

| October 28, 2006 @ 1:46 am

7. Jenée said,

Hoffman. You said she used the term “actor.” If she’d said “Dustin the comedian,” she’d also be referring to Hoffman.

| November 2, 2006 @ 4:45 am

8. Jaime said,

Hey! You are not a stalker, thanks for the comment on my blog! I bought your book today! :)

| November 2, 2006 @ 9:46 pm

9. Dana said,

I saw your link through my sitemeter and your blog is really great!

| November 3, 2006 @ 9:37 pm