20 Reasons

Today I was thinking about why my husband rocks and I decided to write 20 reasons down. Here they are.

OKAY, 22 – SO SUE ME!

1. He’s funnier than I am. But he’ll deny it til the end.

2. He has no idea how good looking he is and anytime I bring it up, he dismisses me.

3. He’s only cheated on me like four or five times. That I know about.

4. For weeks after Mel Gibson’s belligerant, crazy DUI story broke, Jon referred to me soley as “Sugar Tits.”

5. Although he’d like to punch everyone who stars in Grey’s Anatomy, he’ll still watch it with me and discuss it in depth if I insist.

6. The way he looked at me when I walked up to him in my wedding dress.

7. He used to smoke. Used to being the operative words.

8. His endless patience.

9. The last time the movie “Another Man’s Husband” starring Gail O’ Grady and Lisa Rinna aired on Lifetime, he said, “Oh, we’ve seen this one.” And he’s not even gay. That I know about.

10. The worst haircut I ever gave myself was introduced to him on our sixth date. He didn’t mention it until our sixth year.

11. Every year he gives money to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.

12. He’s nice to my friends. Even the crazy ones. And most of my friends are crazy.

13. His obsession over what to get his parents for Christmas.

14. He told me I never looked more beautiful than when I was pregnant.

15. The two separate times he explained in great detail the full story of World War II and didn’t make it boring.

16. He knows which episodes of Dora are our daughter’s favorites.

17. He ends every fight by asking “do you want to punch me?”

18. He’d be mortified if he knew this was my post tonight.

19. When he calls me bitch it’s a compliment.

20. He sympathizes with the underdog.

21. He’s the best person I know. And I feel lucky that he loves me. Did I mention he’s fine?

22. Oh, and he gave me this!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on September 9, 2006 3:59 amUncategorized13 comments

1. alchemilla said,

Y’know, all things considered, you’re not bad, the three of you, not bad at all…

I love it when sarky bitches like you are so clearly in love. Somehow, it seems deeper than when soppy and indiscriminate gushers make the same claim.

| September 9, 2006 @ 11:26 am

2. Denise said,

That was so great! He seems very cool, and is quite a hot-tay.

| September 9, 2006 @ 11:51 am

3. Andrew said,

This makes me wonder (and maybe just a little fearful) about what my wife might write about me if given the chance :o) Very entertaining!

Andrew
    To Love, Honor and Dismay

| September 9, 2006 @ 4:39 pm

4. Misfit Hausfrau said,

Very nice. If I weren’t so bitter that my husband left at 5:30 this morning to go to San Francisco for a week without me, I would be inclined to write something like this.

| September 9, 2006 @ 5:19 pm

5. gingajoy said,

you had me at “Sugar Tits…”

Many of these traits are shared by my own Old Man, and one day when i either love him deeply or hate his guts (he *loves* being blogged about. not) i will do the same.

His Gray’s Anatomy is Project Runway–which he professes to loath, but can dissect with me in painstaking detail. Again, I don’t *think* he’s gay….

and cor! yes, a bit tasty.

| September 9, 2006 @ 6:31 pm

6. Positive Chaos said,

Just came across your blog – LOVE IT AND LOVE THIS POST! I can not wait to read your book!
    Take care!

| September 9, 2006 @ 9:36 pm

7. Wendy said,

love it..just love it – he is F.I.N.E. and i about busted a gut about the Grey’s anatomy comment because my dh feels the same way but won’t admit it – ha

| September 10, 2006 @ 1:38 am

8. crabbykate said,

this is a great list. And I LOVE the photo of you guys in the bathroom! Your expression is priceless.

| September 11, 2006 @ 1:34 am

9. Oblivious Maven said,

#17. Does it make you laugh, or do you punch him?

| September 14, 2006 @ 1:51 am

10. Suzy said,

Stef is one of the funniest people I know. We used to work together and she and Greg Otto used to make me cry from laughing so hard at the stupid gigs we did.

She’s also very hot and I’m wondering why she isn’t posting her killer shots and is just passing herself off as a mom with no boobs. She’s a hot Mom, my friends. And she has the boobage happening.

| September 14, 2006 @ 4:43 am

11. BoringTales said,

I’m new, but it #3 a joke…I hope…

| September 14, 2006 @ 4:26 pm

12. molly said,

Sounds like a great guy. What a nice thing to do for him.

| September 19, 2006 @ 12:13 am

13. Deezee said,

damn, I gotta get me one of them (the man…I’ve already got the kid. and yes, there was once a husband, and no, I didn’t terrorize him out of the picture…not that y’all asked…)

but this made me laugh and smile with warmth at the same time…no small feat…

| September 25, 2006 @ 4:47 am