POKE HER

Why does my internet radio station that’s supposed to be playing folk and other eclectic singer/songwriters have to be playing some sort of jazz fusion right now? Nothing against jazz fusion….kidding I fucking hate it! Okay, good, we’re back to some vintage Bonnie Raitt (not her new soft rock crap) and I can once again form a sentence.

Here’s the thing – in 3 minutes I’ll be playing in an online poker tournament just to prepare myself for my 40th b-day present from my dear, hot husband. What did he get me you ask? I’ll keep you in suspense no longer – he bought me into the women’s event at the 2006 WSOP tour. That’s huge. It costs a grand just to get in. Which is a heck of a lot of money. I could buy like a small country for that. I’m talking a very very small one. The best new is ther’ll be celebrities for me to make fun of and everything! I’m a good poker player. Don’t get me wrong. I won’t dowplay my prowess BUT…I’ve never been confronted with a bunch of women who know what the heck they’re doing and aren’t just there for attention from men. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…I like attention as much as the next poker whore.

(Quick note: I just turned my husband onto butter spray. He tried to avoid it for as long as possible as a chick food just like he thinks the Counting Crowes can only be enjoyed by women – but he LIKES IT on his pasta! Score one for me.)

So I leave for my tourny on Sat. and until then it’s boring old just trying to find stuff to do with the baby. Oh I read something from my neighborhood email list (I’ve got to get off this thing because it’s poisonous to anyone who reads it. One of the entries wanted to know if she should take her 17 month old to Disneyland on July 4th even though there would be more people there than in all of China and it would be reaching weather temperature highs of 110. But other than that and the 2 hour lines for rides it sounds like a great time for your baby.

Does this really deserve an answer? You know the answer. Listen to your inner SANE PERSON!!! I really think I might hate all of my neighbors. That might be harsh but, hey, they’re not reading this or buying my book so big W.

Let’s get back to the poker tourny for a second. I can’t wait! I love poker with my whole heart. So please pray for me next Sunday and Monday that I at least win enough to buy a sweet poor child a new liver AND paint my living room some rad colors.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on July 3, 2006 3:57 amUncategorized8 comments

1. angrymama said,

Stephanie, are you on effing PH too?
    That’s hilarious!!!

| July 3, 2006 @ 7:27 am

2. chichimama said,

How much fun! Enjoy…what a great present!

| July 3, 2006 @ 11:32 am

3. Andrea said,

Wow, that’s indeed a very cool present. Is it going to be televised? Good luck! Pull a Phil Hellmuth (sp?) and run your mouth the whole time, throwing the other players off guard. Mistakes happen that way.

| July 3, 2006 @ 1:25 pm

4. Jess said,

I just want to add that I love, love, love the word rad and feel that it is sadly neglected. Yay for using it in a post!

Good luck at the tourney. Bring a camera so that we can snark on the celebrities later.

| July 3, 2006 @ 1:32 pm

5. gingajoy said,

see, i am hideously negative. not only do i hate jazz fusion, i don’t like the Raitt. i am also not a poker player, but i could see myself getting sucked into *that* vortex all too easily.

good luck! and win enough so you don’t have to lie on any more ob interviews.

| July 3, 2006 @ 2:17 pm

6. mothergoosemouse said,

VERY cool. Kyle has an unholy love for poker, and you’ve just given me a great gift idea for him.

Don’t forget your sunglasses and hat. Not only will it mask your tells, but everyone will think you are a celebrity too.

| July 3, 2006 @ 2:28 pm

7. crabbykate said,

what a present! congrats to you.

and hey you should check out http://www.pandora.com – better than any internet radio station ever (and I fucking HATE jazz fusion)

| July 3, 2006 @ 5:31 pm

Bloggers and Others

I found a great site on books on goal setting.If you want to change your life or learn about books on goal setting and find the answers to other self help questions. Visit http://purposesetting.com/sitemap_1.html

| September 14, 2006 @ 5:44 pm