Under The Knife

What the hell is up with Nicole Kidman’s grill? She’s only 39 people! Why, why, why must celebrities screw up their faces in an attempt to look young? Note to Nicole: you already looked young. Now you look like Joan Rivers. You and Meg Ryan are going to have to wear name tags to tell your lips apart. I understand that you feel the heat from Hollywood to stay youthful but the surgery isn’t helping your quest. The worst offender lately is Jessica Lange. She looks like a horror show. I’ll never be able to watch Tootsie without cringing again – and it is one of my favorite movies!

Part of me feels like, wow, is that what people want to see – wax museum versions of beautiful women? But I strongly feel that if women wouldn’t be so quick to doom themselves to the surgeon’s knife and wore their lines proudly, we wouldn’t be subjected to as many Fat Guy/Hot Wife sitcoms. We could have more balanced role models for our young girls who at 12 are already feeling the pressure to measure up. Sorry, but it’s fucking annoying. I’d much rather watch Rosanne than According to Jim anyday.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on June 21, 2006 3:01 amUncategorized18 comments

1. jackt said,

Yeah NK is scary these days.

| June 21, 2006 @ 5:25 am

2. akeeyu said,

A-hem. As the hot wife in a real life hot wife/fat guy combo, I have to say that…those shows really annoy the piss out of me, too. See, MY fat guy is cute and funny and warm in winter and drought resistant and provides excellent shelter during wind storms, and those TV sitcom fat guys? Are just fucking obnoxious.

Also, Nicole Kidman looks like my grandmother, who is 95.

| June 21, 2006 @ 5:27 am

3. jali said,

Teach!

| June 21, 2006 @ 12:11 pm

4. Wendy said,

couldn’t agree more – it’s like they are frozen – so not attractive and Nicole already looked beautiful – what was the problem? men are not immune to this syndrome either – have you SEEN Kenny Rogers lately? omg..frightening..

| June 21, 2006 @ 4:14 pm

5. ESB said,

oh my god–i saw this same photo yesterday, and thought the same thing–she is SCARY….what’s up with that? she was lovely….

| June 21, 2006 @ 5:43 pm

6. gingajoy said,

jaysus–there must be an elastic band with a bunch of slack in it behind her neck somewhere. Blegh…

I actually respected NK for a bit there, but this is really fucking sad…

| June 21, 2006 @ 8:39 pm

7. annie said,

I totally agree. I’ve always thought Nicole was so pretty and kind of different looking from the Hollywood glam girls, she had a kind of “girl next door look”. And I never looked at her and thought, “She’s starting to look old.”

You know what’s really shocking? Edie Falco on “The Sopranos”. She is CUTE (has a few wrinkles) but actually LOOKS her age. 43.
    We’re just not used to seeing an actress who you know is over 35 with a single wrinkle. It’s a shame!

| June 21, 2006 @ 9:02 pm

8. Haley-O said,

It is fucking annoying! And all these women abandoning their babies to get stick thin immediately after pregnancy. And, I’m supposed to feel like a lazy ass because my preggo weight is sticking to me like pablum to a baby’s face? Hey, I got other priorities….The obsession with youth and beauty in our culture is soooo sad.

| June 22, 2006 @ 2:20 am

9. Neil said,

The scary thing is that this might become the norm some day and everything un-plastic will look weird.

| June 22, 2006 @ 3:20 am

10. stephanie said,

Nicole and Nicolette Sheridan should get together, have lunch, and discuss their horrible plastic surgeons… they might even share the same one.

| June 22, 2006 @ 1:47 pm

11. Carrcakes said,

She totally f’ed up her face and right before her big wedding. The only successful plastic surgery as of late that I have seen is Ashely Simpson.

| June 22, 2006 @ 7:23 pm

12. Andrea said,

Then there’s King of Queens. Somewhat funny. Still annoying.

A long time ago, there was a Nip/Tuck episode with Joan Rivers on it, asking to have her face put back to the way it would have looked had she not had any plastic surgery. She wanted her grandson to know the “real” her. When the doctors showed her what she’d look like, she wouldn’t do it. She said something like, “This is what my grandson knows,” pointing to her own face. “If I were to come in like that, I’d scare him. Better leave it alone.” I blame her. She’s the one who started it all.

| June 22, 2006 @ 7:27 pm

13. surcie said,

I’ve wondered the same thing. Is someone telling NK that she’s past her prime? Otherwise, WHY?

I hate plastic surgery, botox, etc, because it’s redefining how we see beauty. In just the way that obviously fake boobs are not only acceptable but appealing in our culture, stretched out, expressionless faces are going to be considered pretty. BLEH.

| June 22, 2006 @ 8:13 pm

14. sunshine scribe said,

Oh I SO agree with every word. I could write a several page long rant in agreement and fill up your whole comment area but I won’t. I’ll just clap loudly.

| June 22, 2006 @ 11:22 pm

15. Drea said,

I think shes pregnant now as well.

| June 27, 2006 @ 1:10 pm

16. lildb said,

a-fuckin’-men.

| July 4, 2006 @ 3:43 am

17. lildb said,

p.s. one of the myriad of reasons why I think Anjelica Huston is human perfection is her staunch refusal to go under the knife. she’s so fucking fabulous it makes my head hurt.

| July 4, 2006 @ 3:46 am

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.

| July 22, 2006 @ 5:08 pm