10 Things I hate about Me

Okay, Steph from I Ended Up Here How? tagged me to do a meme and I don’t really want to do it because it has to do with what’s in my fridge etc. and that seriously is boring. You have to trust me on that. So, I will do one in her honor that I saw on another site which is “things you probably don’t want to know about me.” Here goes:

1. Sometimes I go a couple of days without changing my underwear. Not on purpose but I’ll notice that I haven’t changed them.

2. Sometimes I just go ahead and toss underwear that I don’t feel like washing.

3. I’ve tried to teach my 19-month-old to say “shit” cause I think that would be funny. It hasn’t worked yet.

4. I enjoy Lifetime movies. The cheesier the better. But only if they’re “based on a true story.”

5. I sort of like country music.

6. I thing a blow job counts as sex.

7. I don’t like George Clooney. Sorry. He bores me.

8. I once dated a married man.

9. I drink wine pretty much every night.

10. I’ve never had botox and I need it.

sleep on that shit, bitches.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on June 16, 2006 7:24 pmUncategorized23 comments

1. isitfridayyet? said,

First of all, a blow job DEFINATELY counts as sex, actually in our house it gets me excused for few days.:) Secondly, my kid is on the verge of saying “asshole” compliments of hubby though he can’t say much of anything else. Can you imagine the looks at My Gym when E finally says shit becuse she fell and C responds Asshole! I think we should work on this one. . .
    I also enjoy Lifetime movies, but I have a son and he doesn’t put up with that girly crap, so I am SOL thse days. I DO think George is hot. And no my friend, you do NOT need Botox. You are the hottest momma I know, even if you do wear dirty undies.

| June 17, 2006 @ 4:34 am

2. jackt said,

3. You should teach your kid “ass-HOOOOO+” like in Meet the Fockers.

4. YOU’RE the Lifetime movie viewer. I always wondered what person Meredith Baxter Birney was performing for. Now I know.

8. It don’t count if the date’s with your husband while you’re married to him.

| June 17, 2006 @ 5:48 am

3. Naomi said,

I am tyring to teach my son to say shit, too! My husband doesn’t like it, but that’s one of the reasons I’m doing it!!

My first word, coincidentally, was shit. Courtesy of my father’s then 16 year old brother.

| June 17, 2006 @ 11:40 am

4. stephanie said,

You don’t need botox, bitch! I need botox!!

And I have a thing for Toby Keith :)

| June 17, 2006 @ 12:44 pm

5. ESB said,

ha!!

unfortunately, i share half of these things with you….

| June 17, 2006 @ 12:58 pm

6. Jess said,

I think it’s HILARIOUS when kids swear.

I am thinking (seriously) about botox in a couple of years. Anything to get rid of the great divide that is forming between my eyebrows.

| June 17, 2006 @ 12:58 pm

7. gingajoy said,

filthy, vain, foul-mouthed boozer. HIGH FIVE!

| June 17, 2006 @ 5:37 pm

8. mothergoosemouse said,

#9 – um…yeah. Me too. Please don’t call AA.

One of the funniest kid quotes I ever heard was the answer given to this question: “When are you going to be potty-trained?” The little girl replied, “I don’t fuckin’ know.”

| June 17, 2006 @ 8:13 pm

9. sarah said,

I have definitely thrown underwear out rather than wash them…its so much easier to just buy new ones..

| June 17, 2006 @ 10:51 pm

10. Heather said,

I don’t drink wine often. I don’t drink daily – I just save my daily drinks up for one night. So like on Friday I can have seven. Then I can do my drunk blogging.

My son learned how to say “damn it” from me. (Start with that because it’s so much easier for them to say than “shit”. You have to work up to something like that.) I stubbed my toe and yelled damn it and that’s all he said the rest of the day. He also learned to say “cock sucker” once when I was driving. Now that he’s 13, he pretty much knows all the good words.

| June 18, 2006 @ 12:26 am

11. Caryn said,

I absolutely love that you admit this! A blow job only counts as sex if you’re not Mormon. I’m not, but I live in Utah, and since the LDS church is seriously against pre-marital sex this state is the blow job capital of the world. Or so I’ve heard…

| June 18, 2006 @ 4:08 am

12. chichimama said,

I also like country music, although i would never admit it to anyone I know in real life…

| June 18, 2006 @ 11:00 am

13. surcie said,

I definitely can’t re-wear undies. I like to feel fresh as a daisy.

| June 18, 2006 @ 5:15 pm

14. Manic Mom said,

Hey, long time!

Liked your list. I’m doing #1 right now, and I did #6 last night as an early Father’s Day present.

I love the fact that all your cool readers want to or have taught their kids to swear. I fucking love it!

Hope the book sales are going great!

| June 19, 2006 @ 5:34 am

15. Johannah said,

When you are a mother, drinking every night is called self-preservation. Red wine is Mommy’s Little Helper for sure.

| June 19, 2006 @ 2:39 pm

16. Wendy said,

ah yes…i’ve done more than a few of these things…just makes you more interesting :-)

| June 19, 2006 @ 6:17 pm

I believe in the economy of language. With that in mind, Could you have listed:

1.) giving a blow job to a married man listening to country music in your dirty underwear after drinking too much wine with the TV on showing a Lifetime Movie starring Mimi Rogers?

Just a thought.

| June 19, 2006 @ 9:51 pm

18. stefanierj said,

You had me at #s 1 and 2.

| June 20, 2006 @ 4:02 am

19. R*belle said,

Ha! Great blog by the way, found you through ITTM.

| June 20, 2006 @ 1:18 pm

20. Trish said,

Yay…George Clooney all to myself, or no? At least no competition from you. You drink the Chardonnay, I’ll gulp Merlot. We’re almost twins.
    P.S. to teach your baby to say shit, you must first make sure the little one know it mustn’t be said. Laugh and tickle when it’s said, and then say, ‘But you mustn’t say that ever.” Then laugh some more. Always works. Mine says fuck.

| June 20, 2006 @ 11:33 pm

21. Haley-O said,

Ha! That is hilarious! You are always so entertaining, and you’re oh-so-brave for revealing some of that. Good stuff!

| June 22, 2006 @ 2:24 am

22. Domestic Chicky said,

Whenever my 3-year old gets sent to his room(a daily occurence lately), I can hear him stomping around, pounding pillows, throwing stuffed animals, and saying “damnit” with every exertion…makes me giggle each time. I about peed myself the one time he dropped an f-bomb on us.

| June 27, 2006 @ 3:45 pm

23. snavylyn said,

# 3 cracked me up!! Too funny.

I taught my redheaded daughter to tell people that ask her where her red hair came from to say, “It came with my head.” The “dumbass” part she added all on her own.

| June 28, 2006 @ 8:56 pm