Why Do I Love Deal or No Deal?

This show is seriously stupid. Let’s start with Howie’s refusal to shake hands with anyone and thinks his “West siiiide” fist bump will make up for actually hand to hand contact. Yes, I get it, you have OCD AND a lot of money. Get a good psychiatrist. I mean, I have one and I don’t have half the moolah this guys has in his front right pocket at this moment. But I digress as usual. I’m just trying to make the point that I don’t always go for the obvious — Cold Play? leaves me cold. I feel like I could hear it on any Pottery Barn CD in any well…Pottery Barn. They’re the only ones that sell them right? And the same goes for Dave Matthews. I’ve heard enough jammin’ to last me my entire life.

Okay, so there’s something about this Deal or No Deal thing that has me hooked harder than Britney to that gross skank multi baby daddy she calls hubs.

I think it’s my addictive nature (you’ve all heard of my Pinot problem ad neaseum) that makes me like this show. It’s people that just can’t stop and I just can’t stop watching them. They burn through all the big money but they MUST KEEP GOING. I understand that thinking and I guess although I know it’s wrong I deep down applaud it. Whether they’re just jonesing for more screen time or really think that .01 is under number 12 I DON’T CARE. Keep going. No one ever wins the million so who cares. It makes good addictive tv.

So there. I watch a toddler all day. I deserve some mindless entertainment. And yes fuckers, it’s entertainment.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 11, 2006 3:43 amUncategorized5 comments

1. Lena said,

I just can’t get into this show. It’s like one long stretched out five minute ordeal. Plus, I think it interferes with Alias. That trumps.

Maybe it’s just you Canadians that like it. 😉

| May 11, 2006 @ 5:26 pm

2. MrsFortune said,

Okay, I honestly do not understand this show. What’s the deal with that banker dude? I feel like a tremendous drooling idiot every time I watch it because they don’t explain it at the beginning and I have no idea what’s going on. Okay there, I said it. I’m not as smart as I think I am, apparently. But hey, I’m the one who gets up early to watch Price is Right so I am SO not criticizing your TV choices.

| May 11, 2006 @ 6:51 pm

3. sarah said,

totally with you on this one. I hate that I love it. but I can’t look away….

| May 12, 2006 @ 12:28 am

4. Jack's Shack said,

I think that it is kind of fun.

| May 13, 2006 @ 11:11 pm

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.

| May 23, 2006 @ 6:07 pm