I’ve Been Tagged

Okay, since I’ve been tagged and I never do these, here goes nothin’. But I’m not going to try to impress with my choices okay? I’m going to keep it on the real.

The Three _____s on a Desert Island Meme

If you were stranded on a desert island (without Ginger and the Professor and all those folks to keep you amused), which three _____s would you bring?

Books: Dry – Augustyn Burroughs. I have read this book over and over and don’t get tired of it. The Lazlo Letters – Don Novello – this maybe the funniest book I’ve ever read. The man is a genius and I’m totally obsessed with it. If you ever read Letters From a Nut just know that it was completely stolen from this book and I hate him for it. Lastly, Good Times Bad Times by James Kirkwood – it’s just my alltime favorite book so I’d like to have it with me.

Albums: Jonatha Brooke – Live (I could listen to the song “Because I Told You So” on repeat for days), (quick interruption: why does the gardner always come and make a shitload of noise during my kid’s naptime? It’s like he’s psychic), Kathleen Wilhoit – Pitch Like a Girl (great album that I play over and over)Deb Talan – Something’s Burning – she’s in a group with her husband called the Weepies now that is amazing. Her song “You Turned Me Into Somebody Loved” I played at my wedding.

People: This one is kind of dumb so let’s change it up. Here are three people I definitely would NOT bring: Carrot Top – How annoying would it be to have him there. Everyday you wake up and Carrot Top is still on the island.

George Bush – who could look at that sneer everyday? My mother – would I really want someone saying “you’re getting a little too thin, Stefanie, try eating more leaves and coconuts.”

Okay, I’m tagging Lena, StefanieR, and Stephanie.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on May 24, 2006 8:10 pmUncategorized12 comments

1. stephanie said,

What did you do to me, Stefanie?! :)

I’ll do it tomorrow, or later tonite when I get home.

Thanks… I think :)

| May 24, 2006 @ 8:40 pm

2. Izzy said,

Do you really think Dubya has a sneer? I always considered it more of a smirk. A very smug smirk.

But yeah…who could look at that everyday without wanting to bitchslap him?

| May 24, 2006 @ 8:48 pm

3. jackt said,

Dude Carrot Top just won a gold medal at the Winter Olympics! He da BOMB! O wait, that was some other carrot topped dude. Never mind.

| May 24, 2006 @ 10:13 pm

4. Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said,

Who is more annoying? Carrot Top or Gilbert Gottfried? Big toss up there – both annoying and unattractive. I think it comes down to body fat – who could feed me for a longer amount of time?

W, huh? I think that would annoy me, too. Not so much for the facial expression but for the inability to have a conversation. That and I’d start to forget how words are pronounced so, he’s out. Then again, I’m pretty sure that without his G-Men, I could probably take him down and eat him easily.

Whoa … there was nothing about cannibalism mentioned, was there?

Oops.

| May 24, 2006 @ 10:18 pm

5. KTP said,

NO, Stef, don’t do it! Then we’ll REALLY never see each other again. But if it’s an SP job and it’s cool and you can hire me, well, maybe I would support your going back to work.

| May 25, 2006 @ 12:27 am

6. Neil said,

Stefanie, the best part of this post was you linking to Stefanie and Stephanie.

But I’ll check out your music and book choices. If you like them they must be good.

| May 25, 2006 @ 12:42 am

7. Lena said,

Two things:

One – Your mother telling you to eat more leaves and coconuts has given me writer’s block it was so FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Two – I was just thinking “No one ever tags me” and kicking at the ground and then imagine my delight when I read you tagged me. ;P

| May 25, 2006 @ 1:06 am

8. jenny said,

Carrot top needs to be assasinated.

| May 25, 2006 @ 12:25 pm

9. Haley-O said,

Ha! Lol about Carrot Top. I can’t even stand to look at his picture! Your site is great–I’m putting a link to it from mine….Thanks to Stephanie for insisting we come here. ;)

| May 25, 2006 @ 3:20 pm

10. Carrcakes said,

Thank you for complying to the tag. I also lost my virginity to this meme.

| May 25, 2006 @ 6:43 pm

11. Mom101 said,

I LOVE the Lazlo letters!

| May 25, 2006 @ 11:46 pm

12. Denial said,

I could only wish, nay pray that anyone would say to me, “”you’re getting a little too thin”

| May 29, 2006 @ 5:30 am