I’m Baaaaaack!

As you know, blogging can sure be a lot of fun when done correctly. One thing that can go wrong is you get all exicited about something like a new babysitter who only charges 7 dollars and hour and has no prison record or a new recipe for tofu that doesn’t taste like air, and tell the virtual world about it. So it was with the Today Show. I am going to be on by the way. I did tape the piece with Mrs. Natalie Morales but they are going to show it next week and I don’t know what day. It seems I was bumped for some bullshit “newstory” about some American woman who was freed from Iraq after three months of being terrified that she would be executed or some shit. Whatever. Sippy Cups is obviously the bigger new story but you know how shallow TV can be.

So, the next day I did Fox and Friends and that was so cool because guess what. Yes, Tiki Freaking Barber was the co-host for the week. I got to smell that man’s sweat and it smelled like a mixure of cinnamon, Chinese 5 Spice and Testosterone, baby! He is very cute and I happen to own his jersey. Which I was sure to tell him about and we became instant BFF pen pals. Or he just smiled. Believe what you want.

Oh I had to do some ABC news download thing which I can’t even seem to watch but if you are a subscriber to the ABC news website you can look for me being interviewed by Ju Ju Chang. Whose name is Ju Ju? I can see Jew Jew. By the way, the last night I had to do this AM radio show (does anyone get AM anymore?) call the Joey Reynolds show. It was a bunch of Jews and I am one, none under the age of 78. They talked a lot about corned beef and shmears and told bad jokes, pronounced my name worng etc. But all in all it was sort of fun. I’d do it again. But I’m a a whore. I”m sure that comes as no surprise to my readers.

P.S. If you’ve read my book, get off your butt and give me a good review on Amazon. It sells books. I’d do it for you!

I’ll let you know what day the today show seg. will air so check back.

S

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 2, 2006 4:05 amUncategorized12 comments

1. IzzyMom said,

Jus to show you what a GOOD FUCKING FRIEND I am, I taped the Today Show and I watched the tape (okay I actually fast forwarded through it) and you’re not on and I’m all WTF????

Tiki Barber, huh? His brother Ronde lives here. He’s a Buc and we’re in Tampa yada yada…

Okay, Miss Big Time Author and TV Personality…keep us posted.

| April 2, 2006 @ 5:54 am

2. Heather said,

Awesome! I’m so excited for you. Can’t wait to see the show.

| April 2, 2006 @ 4:13 pm

3. surcie said,

How the heck did they possibly get your name wrong?
    Stefan-EYE?
    STEE-fan-ee?
    Ste-FANNIE?

| April 3, 2006 @ 12:36 am

4. Y said,

I have to admit, I read about it on SJ’s, so I taped it and watched it this weekend and was like “THE HELL?”

Can’t wait to see it.

| April 3, 2006 @ 6:35 am

5. scarbie doll said,

I meant to email you on Friday. I have a question. If Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay, is it acceptable to carry your newly purchased bottle of Chard home in the sippy cup slot on the outside of the diaper bag? Just wondering.

| April 3, 2006 @ 5:33 pm

6. Lena said,

Stef, you big pimp! I will await the Today show airing with baited breath.

Off to find out who the hell Tiki and Ju Ju are…

| April 4, 2006 @ 12:50 am

7. Lena said,

Also, I just ordered your book. Woo-hoo!

| April 4, 2006 @ 12:54 am

8. sarcastic journalist said,

So I’m really happy I missed it! Tell me when it is on.

| April 4, 2006 @ 2:04 am

9. Jess Riley said,

You are a rock star, Stef. I am almost finished with your book and I am definitely giving you a good review.

| April 4, 2006 @ 5:04 pm

10. Alexa said,

I taped the Today Show too! Glad to see I was not the only confused simpleton on Thursday morning. I will definitely be reviewing your book, as soon as I read it (sometime after Friday…when I get paid).
    Glad you are back, you fancy published media whore, you! Now I need a bagel.

| April 4, 2006 @ 7:28 pm

11. crabbykate said,

I taped the show on the 30th as well – was this just an elaborate marketing plan on the behalf of the Today Show to make us sit through excruciating hours of Matt Lauer?

| April 4, 2006 @ 8:34 pm

12. JerseyTjej said,

OMG Tiki Fuckin Barber? Is he tiny? For some reason when I see him ALL the way here in Sweden, he looks tiny. BTW does Matt have plugs? Did you see him? I am so excited, I am off ot Amazon to buy your book!!!

| April 4, 2006 @ 8:40 pm