Fear and Loathing of Technology

My blog has a new face. I’m so Hollywood even my blog goes under the knife. But since I’m a “professional blogger” otherwise know as a stay at home mom I’ve decided I needed a new look. I think Blog Divas did an amazing job. I, and I’m not saying this proudly, am very computer illiterate. I think there’s no excuse for not being good with technology so I won’t offer one. I mean, hey, I’m not even blond. I should be able to comprehend simple tasks like storing numbers in my cell phone but somehow I find even the most elementary things to be a Rubik’s cube. My husband probably enables me by doing it for me but I can’t help it. Problem is, if he divorces me, how will I make a phone call or sign up for a paypal account or or or…on the other hand, if he divorces me, he’ll never have clean underwear or a bathroom floor you could picnic on. How old fashioned are we?

Okay, I’m going to work on my fear of technology because I want a Blackberry and I don’t want to be intimidated by all it’s features. I want to be excited by them, salivating that I can play on-line poker, talk on the phone and see my book ranking on Amazon all at once! TECHNOLOGY GEEKDOM THIS IS A WARNING. I’M COMING.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 30, 2006 7:32 pmUncategorized20 comments

1. sarah said,

Husband and I have the same deal–I choose to think of it as a lovely example of symbiosis, rather than focusing on my pathetic lack of computer skills…

| April 30, 2006 @ 11:15 pm

2. chris said,

Wow. I love it.

| May 1, 2006 @ 12:42 am

3. stefanierj said,

I am the SASME way. My computer’s been in POS mode for a week and it makes me want to curl into a ball and do some primal screaming. Then Daddymatic fixes that shit and makes me fall in love all over again.

And yup, I’m “stefanie-with-an-F” too. I blame Stefanie Powers–my parents didn’t know it could be spelled with a PH because of her. Oh well, I prefer being orthographically efficient. We should form a support group. Thanks for stopping by Mommymatic and congrats on your book! You’re living the blogger’s dream, no?

| May 1, 2006 @ 3:14 am

4. Lena said,

Oh holy hell. You finally have a new blog design that doesn’t make me cringe.

No offense lovey. It’s just your writing rocks and your template was, well, sad. And that link to Amazon missing the graphic of your book bugged me. Because your book also rocks.

So, this is my way of saying Yay! Looks hot chica!

And I feel you on the technological challenges – when I saw my Razr actually checks email I fainted. Right in front of my lady in waiting and my homing pigeon.

| May 1, 2006 @ 5:10 am

5. MrsFortune said,

LOVE. IT. It looks great! They (she) did a great job, as always!

On-line poker rocks. I’ll look forward to kicking your ass :-)

| May 1, 2006 @ 1:45 pm

6. Neil said,

Think better carefully before you get this Blackberry. It could change your life forever. Today I saw a couple kissing in Santa Monica while the guy kept on writing a text message behind the woman’s back.

| May 1, 2006 @ 3:21 pm

7. kim said,

Love the new look.

| May 1, 2006 @ 3:26 pm

8. Jess Riley said,

So preeeeety! You are inspiring me to finally bitchslap my own blog into some kind of organized, presentable format.

(Happy to hear the book is doing well!!!!!)

| May 1, 2006 @ 9:24 pm

9. surcie said,

“professional blogger otherwise known as a stay at home mom” I love it! And I like your new banner. My pitiful looking blog is getting a lovely makeover, too–just because the current “design” is so boring it pains me to look at it. But I don’t have a fabulous book to promote!

| May 2, 2006 @ 12:54 am

10. Heather said,

It looks great! I’m not very smart about all the css crap. I wish I was so I could do more with my blog. But trust me, it took a very long time just to get my blog looking the way it does now. And it’s nothing fancy!

| May 2, 2006 @ 2:57 am

11. Heather said,

By the way…Did you quit liking my when I quit posting in my hpnotiq blog?! 😉

| May 2, 2006 @ 3:04 am

12. Mom101 said,

Do you want my blackberry? Seriously. My office gave me one and since I can’t figure it out, and since it only links to my work email which no one uses, and since it’s never charged, it’s pretty much just a big, powerless second phone that I carry around in my bag. In fact I’ve been told that my “mailbox is full” which is a riot considering I don’t even know the number.

The site looks fantastic by the way.

| May 2, 2006 @ 3:06 am

13. Misfit Hausfrau said,

The remodel looks great! I used to be all about the new technology in my old life (aka “before children.”) Now I am so far removed from technology that I would rather hand wash my kitchen floor than use the Floor Mate I paid $100 for last year. 1800 House, here I come.

| May 2, 2006 @ 4:48 pm

14. Alexa said,

HEY. Watch the blond jokes, girlie.
    I love your blog redesign. Love it.
    I have been coveting a Treo phone/email thingy but know it would be a waste as I am too lazy to figure out its many features…Ah well.

| May 3, 2006 @ 2:12 pm

15. sweatpantsmom said,

The new blog looks great!

And haven’t you heard, “Geeks are the new Supermodels.”

Or something like that.

| May 4, 2006 @ 12:25 am

16. lewislane77415324 said,

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

“BA”, “BSc”, “MA”, “MSc”, “MBA”, “PHD”,

Get everything within 2 weeks.
    100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

| May 4, 2006 @ 10:06 am

17. Virenda said,

I’m only computer literate because my husband has forced me too, although the blackberry still scares the poo out of me. My husband has one and every time I’ve tried to use it I get scared and confused.

Love the new look. I just had a face lift myself and it sure does a blog good. :0)

By the way, I’m Vi and apparently we are going to blogHer together. LOL, so it’s nice to meet you.

| May 5, 2006 @ 12:57 am

18. Izzy said,

Good God, woman! It’s about damn time your blog got dressed and put some makeup on.

But this new look lovely and quite befitting for your new status as a published author :)

High fives to you and the BMD!

| May 7, 2006 @ 5:16 pm

19. Carrcakes said,

It makes me happy when professional writers have blogs. So what if you aren’t computer literate, you’re a professional mom, blogger, author, and pretty soon, poker player. Let me know when you make it to the world series of poker and say hi to Ben Affleck for me.

I love your makeover and your blog, I’ll definitely be back.

| May 8, 2006 @ 7:17 pm

20. scarbie doll said,

The site looks hawt! I hear I missed you on the Canadian news channel the other day. Damn!

| May 16, 2006 @ 4:02 am