Blogging is my friend

First off, I want to thank every blog reader who has bought and read my book. It’s doing really well and the only way I can explain that is because of everyone who reads my rambling thoughts on motherhood and other dysfunctions and thinks they’re worthy of reading my book. The Today Show helped my sales a lot but they’re getting better and how do you explain that except for this blog?

I hate for my blog to be like a diary because that’s some boring shit.

example: I’m going to give you a real page from my old diary:
Nov. 28th, 1978
Today was just another boring day waiting for Jill (my best friend from 6th grade I’d moved away from and was coming for a visit)I’ve been having dream after dream about her. I got new songs from my guitar teacher. Days seem to be getting longer. I’m worried about Hanucka shopping. It seems I’m always worried about something. Bye Bye.

Actually, that’s not so different than how I write now, if I’m being honest. I like it when I read other’s blogs and can take something from it that resonates with my own life or…someone’s blog I can get caught up in that has nothing to do with my life. I find so much comfort in how many of us have anxiety and worry and OCD and “muffin top” and jeans that haven’t fit us since the 90’s and husbands that are working a lot and plants that get no attention and TiVo’s that go on the fritz. But fuck it all, cause I love to blog.

Hang on, refill on my Pinot…

Okay. Today, I want to give a shout out to my babysitter, Andrea. She’s is a fucking rock star. She comes over and doesn’t care that half the time I’m still in my robe and have no intention of going anywhere but to my computer or back to bed. She takes the baby out for fun stuff and Elby LOVES her. And she constantly tells me how much she likes working for me more than the other moms who are crazy. But this is LA. Crazy Moms are more common that parking meters. But more annoying. Also, she’s beautiful but doesn’t doll up to come over or flirt with my husband or talk on her cell phone incessently or drink all our liquor. You can’t ask for much more that that for 13 bucks an hour. YEs, that’s how much we pay out here. No wonder we haven’t bought new sheets in awhile and eat at El Pollo Loco 3 nights a week.

Just found out that in June my SIL and my neice and nephew who I adore are coming to visit from Mass. I’m so excited. Being an aunt is very rewarding and my neice is very cool and appreciates Avril Lavigne almost as much as I do.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on April 28, 2006 2:37 amUncategorized6 comments

1. Schietto Sister said,

I have been out of the blog scene for a couple of weeks. It has been crazy and sad over here. Reading your blog has truly made a bright spot in my life. Only my children’s smile and my husbands shoulder rubs (okay, also some wine) has been able to do that. I haven’t laughed out loud, though, until I read your past few blogs. Thanks for the laugh.

| April 28, 2006 @ 2:35 pm

2. Schietto Sister said,

Okay, I just re-read my comment and it looks like I have more than one husband. I don’t have husbands. It should have been”. . . my husband’s shoulder rubs.” Also, my children don’t share a smile. “. . .my children’s smiles.” I think Teacher Lady’s students are having an effect on me!

| April 28, 2006 @ 2:39 pm

3. MrsFortune said,

Hey, thanks for the link in your sidebar! Can your babysitter come work for me … I mean, Chicago is a bit of a drive but could I have her like, Mondays and Tuesdays?

| April 28, 2006 @ 3:10 pm

4. Heather said,

Yes. That’s the beauty of blogs. You get to meet other dysfunctional people. It’s amazing how many emails and comments I get about OCD (mostly people wanting me to go to their house and clean things because that’s what I like to do). I also get a lot of emails and comments about alcohol which is cool because I like alcohol.

Blogs are our friends.

| April 28, 2006 @ 5:17 pm

5. willowfae said,

Hey, I saw your book on a list of “Top Mother’s Day Gifts under $25″ on MSN the other day. I was like “Hey, I read her blog!!” :)

| April 29, 2006 @ 4:21 am

6. ^starshine said,

Thanks for stoppin’ by the ol’ blog. :) And it was my pleasure to pass along how much I have enjoyed your book!

I’ve been spreading the word to as many Moms as possible about your book cause it is so on the mark. I died laughing about the Tit Terrorists cause it is TRUE! And yes, we had to stop watching the Sopranos once the babies got bigger…

so true…so, so true! :)

And now I’m really giddy to know you have a blog! Whoohooo!!

Off to sing the praises of your book! :)

| May 16, 2006 @ 11:39 pm